Poster Thread
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Re: Taekwondo Lessons
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:
[font=tahoma]Yeah, most girls at my school think fighting is for guys only or they say it's "barbaric" and "unlady-like"

Barbaric? I know a girly girl that does taekwondo...........
Posted on: 2008/1/20 22:01
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
They're really prissy girly-girls...That's what they think. -________-

Posted on: 2008/1/20 22:03
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
any girl can do what guys can do... it just depends upon the person if she is willing to do it...
Posted on: 2008/1/20 22:23
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:

I was thinking of maybe flat out asking my parents to take lessons for my birthday present? But I already asked for something else. I don't plan on "beating around the bush" and trying not to just say it to their face, but I just don't know when is a good time to ask.

I think your birthday is a perfect time to ask them. You could ask to not give you your other present.

I'm doing something like this for my birthday.
Posted on: 2008/1/20 23:17
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
i like girls like tiffy
Posted on: 2008/1/21 6:40
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:

I was thinking of maybe flat out asking my parents to take lessons for my birthday present? But I already asked for something else. I don't plan on "beating around the bush" and trying not to just say it to their face, but I just don't know when is a good time to ask.

I think your birthday is a perfect time to ask them. You could ask to not give you your other present.

I'm doing something like this for my birthday.

Except the "other present" isn't exactly a present, it's a hairstyle that I'm asking for my birthday. Sounds really weird I know, but my parents would probably not let me get that hairstyle unless I had a good reason/excuse...(birthday present). Cause it involves hair dying. Maybe I'll just ask for both. Lol. I've never really been good at talking to my parents about anything. T__________T

and...thanks laijunjie14? haha.

Posted on: 2008/1/21 8:51
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
tbh, I think you're stalling a bit. If your birthday is soon (less than a week away) just ask them now.
Posted on: 2008/1/21 10:43
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
My birthday's kinda far away, not until April 30.

Posted on: 2008/1/21 18:54
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
wow i dig girls thats into martial arts, coz i wanted to learn myself and still frustrated today for not having enough money or time to do it. Aikido is my choice though.

try to talk to your parents about it, show them facts about why it is good to learn taekwando. it is not only for defense but it also actually teaches discipline. tell them alot of girls are into self defense class nowadays. i'm sure they'll understand you. or take them with you and let them meet your would be instructor so they can be assured its a safe art. tell them you need their support on this one. who knows you might win an olympic medal someday!

your one cool girl kitty!

good luck!
Posted on: 2008/1/21 19:05
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Thanks for the advice/encouragement lumad. I don't get along too well with my parents so it's always EXTREMELY hard talking to them about a lot of things. Especially when I don't feel confident. :/ But I think I know how I'll tell them now. They usually ask what I want for my birthday before I even suggest anything, so once they do I'll tell them. No need to rush since the soonest I'll be able to take lessons (if I do), is August. If they don't ask, I promise myself I'll ask by the exact day of my birthday. I know it seems so weird how I'm extremely insecure about asking a freaking simple question and all. Well, there's a BIG reason behind that. But that's personal. So we'll leave it at that. ^-^

Posted on: 2008/1/21 20:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456>