Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
i will be leaving permanently
guest_Unregistered
as some of you may know the member named "aeryn_nerys" is my daughter. well i've decided that after much discussion with Lord snow that i do not approve of his calling her an "ignorant twat". yes i know she broke the law and forum rules but she was banned for it and calling her such a name, in my limited view was unnecessary behavior by a moderator. when soemone does something wrong they must be punished for it, verbal abuse is not necessary. how a crime/situation is handled by the admistration is a sign of how "developed" a society is.
so i have asked to have both of our accounts deleted. i will miss you all and hope you take care of yourselves.

Soysauce never forget what i told you, you are beautiful from the inside and out.
Aijin your adoration of hikki more than matches mine, i hope you get the chance to meet her someday.
to the rest of members, i have enjoyed knowing , talking, and "hikki-worshipping with you. be good to yourselves and remember "Stay Gold".
---Draven---
Posted on: 2008/1/22 10:55
  •  hiki!hiki!hiki!
      hiki!hiki!hiki!
Re: i will be leaving permanently
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/gal(female)/ indonesia
awww sorrow we are going to miss you!
Best wishes from us!!!

the avatar pic is luxord.....i love luxy ^~^
Posted on: 2008/1/22 11:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I understand your motivation behind this action. However, to delete an account over name calling is a bit.......extreme

What was your conversation with Snow about this matter like? Did you get his side of the story as well?

I would ask your to reconsider leaving u-net, but it is your account.

If you plan on going through this,

I'll see ya later if you plan on posting under a new account.

If not, I bet that I'll be seeing you anyways on other Hikki forums. Your passion for her is too strong to be left unread.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 12:20
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
I understand your motivation behind this action. However, to delete an account over name calling is a bit.......extreme

What was your conversation with Snow about this matter like? Did you get his side of the story as well?

she's my daughter. i would ask any of you how you would take it if someone called your child by such a name, regardless of their actions. Lord snow seems to think that her disrespectful behavior excuses his. in my experience a leader leads by example. how would the other female members of this board feel if i called them a similar name?
Posted on: 2008/1/22 12:39
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
i read the thread, and edited my post

this is an obvious rule, snowy has repeated it countless times

and to go against the rules, and still so arrogant (against :hikki:)

smug?

kos, your daughter is spoilt

she even took the liberty for expletives

although the word may me mild to you, but ultimately, it's still wrong

i did a research too, and :hikki: was correct

and i have no idea why you have to leave

what good will there be if you leave?

leaving just because of your daughter?
Posted on: 2008/1/22 12:50
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
and also, i want LS to apologise

that is purely authority abusing
Posted on: 2008/1/22 13:08
  •  Lord Snow
      Lord Snow
Administrator
A/S/L
Sorrow:

While I don't condone your daughter's actions in the slightest, I can understand the position that you're coming from as her father and at the least, can say that I don't think badly of you at all for your actions and can commend them to a certain extent, one must always watch out for their own no matter what.

However, a fe things that I want to address before we hopefully put this all behind us regardless of whether you choose to stay or to leave.

When I insulted your kid, that she was a GIRL had no factor in my choice of what to say. I would have said the same if it was a guy. I treat the women the same way that I treat the men (for the large part). So no, I don't condone insulting women because they're women.

I DO however condone insulting people that make phenomenally stupid mistakes in the hopes that the sting of it will either push them towards never doing it again, or to push them away from a community so that they will not suffer for it. Not by everyone, hell no. But by the people in positions of authority? Yeah, I do. If a math teacher were to call me a retard for getting a problem wrong where I didn't know how to do it, that I see as an abuse of he authority and something that shouldn't happen. However, If I knowingly make a mistake and he/she calls me an idiot for it? I'd probably accept the rebuke and let it goad me into watching myself more carefully to prevent that mistake.

Her age....well, I'll grant you, that fact, if I'd known before I posted, I might have thought twice and toned down the language. But now that it's been said, will I unsay it? No. I'm afraid that I won't.

Like it or not, your daughter broke the rules. Her official "punishment" for it was to be put on probation until Thursday, a measly 3 days of no Unet fun? That really seems proportional to insulting other members that warned her against breaking the rules and breaking international copyright law yeah?

But it was a choice of that, or outright banning her and I decided to go with the probation instead. Despite the insults and despite my initial inclination to just ban her (and animelunatic...don't think I've forgotten about you), I put aeryn on a temp ban and am hoping that anim's learned his/her lesson.

And as for this:

Quote:
how would the other female members of this board feel if i called them a similar name?

I would imagine that they'd feel the way .:hikki:. felt when your daughter called him a "little prick".
Posted on: 2008/1/22 13:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
By saying "extreme" I am not saying that your course of action is "wrong" per se. I find what you are doing is rather admirable and very difficult.

It is already clear that the term "ignorant twat" is offensive, particularly to women.

I am asking whether you looked at everything that happened over the past few days; not just that offensive term.

edit: Every writes posts too fast >_<
Posted on: 2008/1/22 13:15
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Something is very off about this whole ordeal. I don't like making enemies, but I hate being lied to more, it's insulting - especially when it's so obvious you can pick it up over a damn internet forum.

Are you suggesting that she's old endough to examine and understand complicated information about audio files that(judging by her diction) comes partly from experience - but is too young to hear the word "twat"?

You're saying it's alright for your daughter to post that scrambled pinup photograph under userpics, but hearing the word "twat" crosses the line?

Someone isn't being straight with us. I have a few thoughts about who, and in what way, but it doesn't help to make conjectures as to elaborate and pathetic schemes without actually knowing. We're being lied to, that's all.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 15:56
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
KingofSorrow, you were one of my first friends here on UtadaNet, helping me out with certain stuff, and I will never forget your words of motivation. You have helped the community alot in terms of showing us rare Hikki pictures (which I obviously thank you much), as well as showing such humor as well as advice/tips in your posts. I am glad to have known you for quite a while. I hope you reconsider though. If not, I wish the best to you and your daughter.

Anyways, I was not offended at all by your daughter's comments. I kept my cool, knowing that it would be pointless had we continued. It was a friendly discussion taken into the wrong path.

Also, Lord Snow is just like every one of us, Lord Snow's not perfect. His "name-calling" was a matter of how tired he was telling people to stop giving links. I don't want to go negative here, but this forum community is hard to handle especially when there's alot of "unbalance" going on. He's doing his job. Suspending her for 3 days is not something to be taken seriously. Though I am not a father myself yet, I understand from your viewpoint how furious you were in terms of having your daughter being called something unappropriate. Though, I see the name-calling was unintentional, since he probably did not know she was your daughter.

If you and/or your daughter don't plan to return, again I wish the best for you guys. I hope you can give some more thought to this.

.:Hikki:.
Posted on: 2008/1/22 16:00
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234>