YUI

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...8>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: YUI
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/f/Ontario
Oh I like Yui too. She kinda reminds me of Avril Lavigne for some reason though. But Taiyou no Uta made me cry too. She was amazing in that, much better then Sawajiri Erika in the drama. (one sick girl drama should be enough for one actress :P)
Goodbye Days is a really nice song, but its the only one I really like by her so far.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 17:25
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

allanah wrote:
Oh I like Yui too. She kinda reminds me of Avril Lavigne for some reason though. But Taiyou no Uta made me cry too. She was amazing in that, much better then Sawajiri Erika in the drama. (one sick girl drama should be enough for one actress :P)
Goodbye Days is a really nice song, but its the only one I really like by her so far.

Wow great impact on you???
Posted on: 2008/2/28 17:36
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

allanah wrote:

Erika...oh dear. xD You seen her attitude? o_o; Japan doesn't like her too much. She's alright, her voice is alright but she needs to work on her singing. The song I really liked from her 'Taiyou no Uta' single was the instrumental version of Wish. xD But the OST for the drama is a very nice listen.

I know...especially at the ending. ;_; The lyrics, god, it's pretty heartbreaking. I want to hear the orchestrated version of Goodbye Days, I think it's on the movie OST.

Songs I like from Yui...xD Goodbye Days, CHER.R.Y [the PV is cute, it reminds me of a fairytale.], LIFE, Love & Truth, Namidairo, Blue Wind, Thank You My Teens, Last Train, It's happy Line, Tomorrow's Way...a lot. ^^

YUI is just YUI. =D Though, some people say she musically resembles Michelle Branch.
Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:18
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
love & truth is what i like most...
Posted on: 2008/2/28 18:26
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 22/f/Ontario
Erika's annoying!
I liked her in One liter of tears. God, that was sad. But casting her in Taiyou no Uta right after that made no sense. Hirahara Ayaka is the best actress for sick girl stories. Ever seen 'Sekai no chushin de ai wo sakebu?' That made me cry so much. I like the movie too.

So I guess Goodbye Days made an impression on me along with Its Happy line, but I downloaded an album of hers and it didn't really catch my interest that much.
Posted on: 2008/2/29 18:19
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
i love yui's hair.................................... i envy her............
Posted on: 2008/3/13 0:10
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
just the hair huh?
Posted on: 2008/3/14 5:38
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
lol. never really went to check out YUI but i was really inspired by her song ROLLING STAR.

i heard the live performance of it on Music Station on TV. One of the few episodes that I managed to catch of Music Station on Singapore TV.

Actually Erika Sawajiri was good in the one liter of tears drama, but i enjoyed the movie more.

Never watched Taiyou no Uta though. The story sounds cool.

Hikki referenced it once.
Posted on: 2008/3/14 5:42
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
just the hair huh?

ahahahahahaha!

um... i love her face and her cute voice too! esp. when she hits the high notes! very cute!!

and.. THE HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted on: 2008/3/15 11:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Her face crunches up when she reaches those high notes...xD

Oh yea, Yui is releasing a new album in April called 'I Love Yesterday'. Here is the tracklisting:

1. Laugh away
2. My Generation
3. Find me
4. No way
5. Namidairo
6. Daydreamer
7. Love is all
8. I will love you
9. We will go
10. OH YEAH
11. My friend
12. LOVE & TRUTH