Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: HEART STATION PV - Utada Hikaru
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

hrabbit wrote:
I think watching it a few more times, I like it more... but still there should have been something else. The pv actually kinda does fit the song (ya know, train STATION, heart STATION =/ although I thought it was referring to a radio station more in the song... yea...)
Anyways, I do like her clothes ^^ I'm always in love with Utada's fashion sense(I WANT 90% of her clothes although I don't think they would look as good on me XD)

PS: did no one notice the dude moving his arm at the 2:40 mark? I don't think that was supposed to happen X3

OH MY GOD !! I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

kuma-chan !! and inside of it is hikki

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/2/4 19:29
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Want me to make a video with the lyrics on it? I'll put both the romaji as well as the English. Don't expect it too soon though because I'm really busy.

Also, I made a small review on what I thought about the PV. Do share some opinions if you like.
Posted on: 2008/2/4 19:59
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

.:Hikki:. wrote:
Want me to make a video with the lyrics on it? I'll put both the romaji as well as the English. Don't expect it too soon though because I'm really busy.

Also, I made a small review on what I thought about the PV. Do share some opinions if you like.

sure .:Hikki:. domo arigato gozaimasu. sore wa ii !

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/2/4 20:44
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Hah, I see what you mean by "watching it a few more times."

It took me a few more times to watch it in order to understand it more just like how Final Distance was. Overall, if you were to judge it on a quick view, probably what will be going through your mind is that it is quite bland. Of course, like .:Hikki:. said, you need to watch it more to fully absorb the meaning and directing inside the video. After my 2nd go through of the PV, I truly started to feel the video. It was directed smoothly with a relaxing, yet gloomy, mood about a person entering a train and notices her out of everyone, which is Hikki. If you didn't get that, this PV is told through 2 perspectives. Hikki, and a person who enters the train. The people around him are black because they hold no interest to him while Hikki is his main focus.

HOWEVER, I do think that Hikki didn't quite show enough emotion to match the PV. Don't get me wrong, she did all right. But the emotion in her eyes and facial expression doesn't really make me feel that powerful emotion the PV showed me for a bit. She did give me that feeling on some parts, but not through out the video. Also, I believe she should have opened her mouth a little more. Just a little. I mean, it looks like shes whispering the song and not really singing the passion, inside her, out.

Overall its a great directed PV that truly tries to overwhelm the watcher with the emotion it portrays, but a few flaws make it not as great as it could have been

I give it a 8/10
Posted on: 2008/2/4 21:03
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
the PV wasn't that bad it was just tryin to let the views focus on hikki thats why everybody else is wearing black beside hikki

btw everybody avatar and siggys are awesome ^-^

love them all =D
Posted on: 2008/2/4 21:22
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
I also agree with animelunatic. The person's first take on this would think it was quite bland but as you keep watching it more and more it really does speak to you(viewer) in a sense. A subtitle way of showing the hidden meaning behind the song. Though at times it seems she was in such a morose state and was like the little child that is within anyone, that wanted to speak out. THough at the same time or sometimes, speaking out has certain consequences? i don't know if its that word but maybe there's a reason that she couldn't speak out, so all she can do is gently saying or whispering it and hopefully that other person will be able to hear her voice out of many of other voices. Thus, the secrecy of it and subtitlties of hoping and wishing that someone might hear her and has a chance to listen to her, or her story. I think i just confuse everyone....gomen . _ .
Posted on: 2008/2/4 21:45
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR

my mind went blank...sorry
Posted on: 2008/2/5 6:18
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
i think the pv can be interpreted in this way.

at first, the train pulls into a station. this person (not hikki) sees her as is immediately enthralled by her. thus he watches her the whole of the train ride. the other people are in black because the "person" only has eyes for hikki
Posted on: 2008/2/5 6:29
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
Quote:

Erith wrote:
i think the pv can be interpreted in this way.

at first, the train pulls into a station. this person (not hikki) sees her as is immediately enthralled by her. thus he watches her the whole of the train ride. the other people are in black because the "person" only has eyes for hikki

yea you know that makes a lot of sense
Posted on: 2008/2/5 10:58
  •  LindaLamb
      LindaLamb
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/Female/USA
The video really didn't interest me this time around. She could have done better.
Posted on: 2008/2/5 11:50
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>