<1234567>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
Re: HEART STATION PV - Utada Hikaru
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
does it really matter?? at least she did a video gosh...

Posted on: 2008/2/5 22:18
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
true true ^^
Posted on: 2008/2/5 23:23
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! i'm having a last song syndrome again! just can't take this song out of my head!

gotta love this song!
Posted on: 2008/2/6 2:06
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 16/M/Somewhere
Okay, I rewatched the video and enjoyed it a bit more the second (probably third by the time I'm done with this message) time. I'm not sure why, perhaps its the elegance and beauty of Utada Hikaru itself that draws her away from the dreadful and dark atmosphere (and that could coincide with the meaning of the song, Heart Station).
Posted on: 2008/2/6 3:46
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
The english lyrics I used to analyze this pv are found here, posted by .:hikki:. (post #26) http://www.utadanet.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2257&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=20

Well I went back thru the pv, watching it with the lyrics this time...

When she sang the line "the radio was playing inside the car, the camera actually comes inside of the train car". (the word she says for car is kuruma, which means an automobile, in my experience, but could pertain to any moving vehile, I'm not sure I would have to research it...)

I personally thought this song was about her riding in the car thinking about an old lover, but I could see how it could be a train car.

Now when she sings the line for, "Saying goodbye is meaningless If we?re able to meet again someday
Don?t you think it?ll be a beautiful thing?" The camera looks around, as if she is looking for someone.

This part is telling you that she would like to see the other person, even if she knows its impossible. I think its similar to the feeling where you say something is impossible, but inside you wish and want it to happen. (ex. I know I can't get "said" game for christmas. But you look for that game in every present...)

When she says in english "Baby can you hear me?", she gets up and moves to a new location, as if she is trying to make the frequency of her/their love station grow stronger.

When the line" I thought I heard you voice comes" up the camera looks around again. (this is the 2nd chrous)

Well from my hasty review of the pv, I really like it, I think it is reflective of the music. I believe the sadness and gloominess you guys were talking about were love pains... If they are, her expressions were brilliant. I think they were highly relevant. In my opinion She was had a one night affiar, or has been with a man that can not be with her (married man) and she has fallin deeply in love. And this song is her hopeless plea to the other person. So I feel the expressions and mood of hikki were dead on. Love pains...

I encourage you to read the english lyrics (or japanese if you are a bad mofo) and make your own interpretation of the pv. I am eagerly awaiting someone to disprove or substantiate my theory on the pv. Please people lets create some more positive dialog on the pv, ne?

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/2/6 4:12
  •  kakasensai
      kakasensai
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 19/M
Song is still good though :) I havent seen the video yet hehe

I LOVE HIKKI!!!
100% Official Fan Of Utada Hikaru
Posted on: 2008/2/6 7:23
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
ok I've changed my mind about 3 times now and.... I LOVE THE PV! It fits so well and the song is so deep... I love it
Posted on: 2008/2/6 9:21
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

hrabbit wrote:
ok I've changed my mind about 3 times now and.... I LOVE THE PV! It fits so well and the song is so deep... I love it

Well I felt totally different about the pv, before I looked at it with the lyrics, so I feel the same way, changing my mind so quick about the pv...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/2/6 16:02
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
everybody just love heart station, yay!!!!! , but what happen to Stay Gold? Does anyone still like it? i do...

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:15
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Quote:

hrabbit wrote:

Well I felt totally different about the pv, before I looked at it with the lyrics, so I feel the same way, changing my mind so quick about the pv...

I agree with you too Jige-san, and your insight on the pv is very thought full too. Though i think i had a hard time explaining mine lol ^ _ ^
Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567>