<1...345678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: 2012
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Some of them work. They're building an enormous methane line from Waste Management in a town next door to me to somewhere in another town (I think it was UNH in Durham New Hampshire, but I heard about it awhile ago).

Anyway, I think it's gross.

I live in your town, Roscoe, and UNH Durham is at least an hour away, at the coastline. Our neighboring State of Maine is totally politically opposed to ANY normal, natural human habitation or development. They have an IDEOLOGY of total "Nature Rules" anti-humanity. Governor of New Hampshire, John Lynch, is totally onboard with this philosophy, like Princeling Albert Gore and most American Democratic Party people. They helped "bottle up" important American energy legislation for many years, under Tom Daschle as U.S. Senate majority leader, and his deputy on Energy & Commerce Committee from New Mexico. I worked in field of alternative energy for several years in Chicago, just before Ronald Reagan took office and brought policy of "we fight foreign wars to get oil" in place of getting to work finding new energy supplies. I worked a year for a major gas pipeline company in New England then known as Algonquin Gas Tranmission or AGT - in Boston, MA which is now Spectra Energy in Houston, Texas. Also, my Dad worked at Northern Utilities, a Bay State Gas company in Portland, Maine and it was my original idea to convert one of three moribund oil pipelines from Canada to transmit natural gas. The idea worked quite well. Canada made a big energy supply proposal years ago to Northern New England, based on their immense hydroelectric energy potential, which was turned down flat. Instead, the Ted Kennedy anti-Nuke power crowd built natural gas turbine generators for New England electricity, back when the price for natural gas, a pure and very useful energy form, was one-third what it is today. My lights, heat and computer run in part on Seabrook Nuclear Power Plant right now. State of Illinois: 50 percent is Nuke Power. Nuclear power, geothermal, hydropower, coal, wind and solar, and my own dream of space based energy from the Sun, should be pleasing ideas to polities in America, not a red flag of combat for NIMBY - Not In My Back Yard - Luddites. Some anti-technology folks at the onset of passenger trains, asserted that human beings were not built to travel 25 miles per hour fast. Japan, like France, is going nuclear in a big way, and it makes good sense until something better comes along. Iceland is almost entirely geothermal based energy.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 21:06
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Kiynteyh wrote:
maybe Hikki's gonna retire on 12/21/12 lol.. ok..ok..its not funny, i know..... lol

hey, i laughed
Posted on: 2008/2/18 0:26
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
Quote:

Kiynteyh wrote:
maybe Hikki's gonna retire on 12/21/12 lol.. ok..ok..its not funny, i know..... lol

hey, i laughed

hey she might ya never know..though id hate to see her retire like that..but im sure she has other goals in her life as well...
Posted on: 2008/2/18 5:28
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
i know lolz

it would be cool tho if she does return to the U.S ^^

but i hope she come to Cali =D
Posted on: 2008/2/18 9:00
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Actually, the line is from Rochester to Durham (I live in Barrington technically - though I spend most of my time in Manchester). There's a lot of waste management stuff in Auburn, though, so I guess that was pretty misleading. Here's an article I found on it.

http://media.cleantech.com/1611/university-of-new-hampshire-gets-gas

I think geothermal energy sounds like a great alternative to nuclear energy and fossil fuel.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 9:29
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Actually, the line is from Rochester to Durham (I live in Barrington technically - though I spend most of my time in Manchester). There's a lot of waste management stuff in Auburn, though, so I guess that was pretty misleading. Here's an article I found on it.

http://media.cleantech.com/1611/university-of-new-hampshire-gets-gas

I think geothermal energy sounds like a great alternative to nuclear energy and fossil fuel.

it's not harmful?
Posted on: 2008/2/18 10:20
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Methane or Geothermal energy? I think they're both pretty safe. I have to admit I don't know very much about geothermal energy, other than the basic premise, though.

Nuclear energy produces nuclear waste. It can't explode the way a lot of people think, but even a small leak can be a big problem for people in the immediate area.
Posted on: 2008/2/18 17:17
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
ks, the word has a meaning, not meaning u r crippled

Posted on: 2008/2/18 17:36
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
Personally I think we can die at any given time,maybe the mayans didn't have any more room lol...but ya I mean I heard there was gonna be a meteor that was gonna or almost gonna hit the eart in 2015.
Posted on: 2008/2/19 9:58
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
nah

nobody can predict the future
Posted on: 2008/2/19 10:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678>