Re: Dating outside of your race
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
and TS, to answer your question

humans dating humans, what's the big deal?

only a change of colors and facial features, who cares?

and yes, japanese people are overrated

umm...who is TS?

and i dont think outside the race is only japanese either...im just hooked on a japanese girl right now...i take japanese people to be normal...nothing being overhyped really...just the great sense in technology i guess is the only thing...but everything else..i see them as interesting..just like every other race..we're all different and we all wanna learn more about them..well right now i wanna learn more about japanese stuff...well only just her...the rest of japan will come later

nah, not referring to you or TS

TS = threadstarter

just that many people think that way

when it's other race, the first thing that come to their mind would be japanese

it's gay, really gay
Posted on: 2008/2/16 9:00
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Nope, dating outside of race here mean dating white people. Not many non-asian people in the U.S can tell the difference between a Korean girl or Chinese, so they put us as just asians.
Posted on: 2008/2/16 9:26
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:
Nope, dating outside of race here mean dating white people. Not many non-asian people in the U.S can tell the difference between a Korean girl or Chinese, so they put us as just asians.

H*ll I'm very interested in asians in general, but I can not tell. I think only asians can really tell the difference between asians. I can only tell like (korean, japanese, mongolian, chinese) (thai, singaporean, fillipino, cambodian) (indian) I can only tell by skin tone. I can not really tell like ear features or anything... But I do know they all look delicious. There are beautiful women in all cultures and races.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/2/16 10:49
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Well, I think Asians can easily recognize the race of an individual (Asian) if he/she saw the physical features of the certain person. (for example, Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, etc., etc.) And as well as from the west, they can easily tell the race of an individual (from the West) by its physical features.

Somehow, people from the west can not easily tell the race of a person (Asian) because they're confused/not familiar of the physical features of an Asian people *the same as Asians*. (especially Japanese, Chinese and Koreans).

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/2/16 17:20
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
In my experience, while every love is different, people should be cautious and get to know the other person better, maybe over a 6-month or 1-year period, before getting seriously involved in a relationship. I got seriously burned twice, first falling in love with an American from Korea, and second time marrying a woman from China (in Manila, Philippines as it happens.) While it is nice to be broad-minded, especially at Age 20, being friends and being life partners are two very different concepts. Also, people should get blood tests, as people can very well be physically incompatible. The word that comes to mind is "miscegenation" or mixing races, although in some respects, cross-pollination, cross breeding, new gene pools can result in genetically hybrid if not entirely superior offspring. The world is of course trending in that direction. Island Nations with high cultures like Japan and Korea (peninsula, I know) make for particular exceptions to this general rule. Jewish people, for a special exception, may date liberally, but tend to marry within the "tribe" of Jews, but Jewishness is transnational. I happen to be an American of Italian extraction, myself. Precious few Italian women here in America for me to choose from, as it would seem to me. I don't live in New Jersey, "Soprano Country" needless to say. Looking back on my life, I think I should have gone back to "the Old Country," Italy, like Grandpa Rossi, to find my wife. Italians Dance Tarantella Calabrese style and region
Posted on: 2008/2/16 19:27
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I have mixed cousins from my mother's side. One family is half australian and one is half german. They're pretty good lookin'. I'd say mix it up. Just look at Jessica Alba.
Posted on: 2008/2/16 23:51
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
no idea why you all can't tell the difference

it's pretty easy
Posted on: 2008/2/17 11:20
  •  LindaLamb
      LindaLamb
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/Female/USA
I too agree with the fact that people who are into Japanese culture want to date a Japanese person.

I guess I don't mind dating outside my race because my family is very mixed. There's Irish, Mexican, American Indian, Spanish, and other races I've yet to uncover in my genes. I think that guys in general are hot, they're all working with the same thing.
Posted on: 2008/2/17 11:27
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

LindaLamb wrote:
I too agree with the fact that people who are into Japanese culture want to date a Japanese person.

I guess I don't mind dating outside my race because my family is very mixed. There's Irish, Mexican, American Indian, Spanish, and other races I've yet to uncover in my genes. I think that guys in general are hot, they're all working with the same thing.

let's just say mixed people are very good looking

it's true

my cousin married an indian

and the baby is CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Posted on: 2008/2/17 11:39
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
no idea why you all can't tell the difference

it's pretty easy

I find it kinda hard telling the difference of a korean and chinese people.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/2/17 18:33
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...14>