Quote:

Weezy wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

cottonsoft01 wrote:
kuso means?

ulol! manahimik ka!

easy ka lang..... wag mo nalang pansinin....

epal kc e.. haha ..

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/4/4 5:10
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Re: Lets Learn Japanese ^_^
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
Quote:

Riza wrote:
As I might be going to Japan this Summer, I wanted to learn some more basic phrases, could you tell me how to say:

-Where's the bathroom?
-What's your name?
-I'm 16 (is it: watashi wa jyuroku desu?)
-I love Japan
-My favorite singers are Utada Hikatu, Hamasaki Ayumi, Amuro namie...
-I will miss you

The form asks for youngster who can speak english, I hope the family I'm staying with talks english as well.

I think I'm 16 is watashi was jyuuroku-sai desu. sai as the age identifier.
Posted on: 2008/4/4 5:31
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Idle_mind wrote:
Quote:

Riza wrote:
As I might be going to Japan this Summer, I wanted to learn some more basic phrases, could you tell me how to say:

-Where's the bathroom?
-What's your name?
-I love Japan
-I will miss you

The form asks for youngster who can speak english, I hope the family I'm staying with talks english as well.

I think I'm 16 is watashi was jyuuroku-sai desu. sai as the age identifier.

u got it right idle! I recall the jdorama "14 sai no haha" - "14 yrs. old mom". it's a very touching jdorama

Posted on: 2008/4/4 5:44
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

Jigenbakuda inserted in here...:

-Where's the bathroom?
Toire wa doko desuka?
トイレはどこですか。
-What's your name?
anata no namae wa nandesuka?
あなたの名前は何ですか。
You can just say juurokusai desu ne, they will understand
十六歳ですね。
-I love Japan
nihon ga suki desu or nippon ga suki desu
日本が好きです。  にっぱんが好きです。
(whatever singer) ga suki desu
(whatever singer)が好きです。
-I will miss you
I am not sure how to say that, sorry, but you can say jyaa ne or sayonara, or mata ne, for bye, sorry I can not help on this one.

About hoping your family speaks english, you really better hope they do, because I drowned in japan with my limited japanese (when I talked to my girlfriends parents who can not speak english), so it will make it so much easier if you can understand them.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/4/4 23:49
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Quote:

-Where's the bathroom?
Toire wa doko desuka?
トイレはどこですか。
-What's your name?
あなたの名前は何ですか。
十六歳ですね。
-I love Japan
日本が好きです。  にっぱんが好きです。
(whatever singer)が好きです。
-I will miss you
I am not sure how to say that, sorry, but you can say jyaa ne or sayonara, or mata ne, for bye, sorry I can not help on this one.

About hoping your family speaks english, you really better hope they do, because I drowned in japan with my limited japanese (when I talked to my girlfriends parents who can not speak english), so it will make it so much easier if you can understand them.

great jigen, I'm learning alot from you. have you learned those from your girlfriend?

I guess in What's your name, (o-namae wa or o-namae wa nandesu ka? is also applicable.)

Where's the bathroom? ahmmn .. I'm not quite sure but according to my japanese book, it is stated that "o-tearai wa doko desu ka?" it's actually an old book.

suki - means you like something or someone. it is said after the certain thing. for example, "nihon ga suki" even without desu if you want it not to be that polite.

Posted on: 2008/4/4 23:59
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Quote:

-Where's the bathroom?
Toire wa doko desuka?
トイレはどこですか。
-What's your name?
あなたの名前は何ですか。
十六歳ですね。
-I love Japan
日本が好きです。  にっぱんが好きです。
(whatever singer)が好きです。
-I will miss you

ur pro man

domo arigatou gozaimashita
Posted on: 2008/4/5 0:40
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

great jigen, I'm learning alot from you. have you learned those from your girlfriend?

I guess in What's your name, (o-namae wa or o-namae wa nandesu ka? is also applicable.)

Where's the bathroom? ahmmn .. I'm not quite sure but according to my japanese book, it is stated that "o-tearai wa doko desu ka?" it's actually an old book.

suki - means you like something or someone. it is said after the certain thing. for example, "nihon ga suki" even without desu if you want it not to be that polite.

The way your book refers to the bathroom, is it saying, where is the toilet, or where is the bathtub? The one I listed was where is the toilet. I am not sure how to say where is the bathtub. I think it maybe be refered to as ofuro, but anyways, I am not saying you are wronmg, lol I am just telling him the most commonly used expression. Just like in english, could you point me to the vancenty of the lavatory is the same thing as where is the bathroom, but it is just worded differently. So I am not sure if tearai is wrong, but I am sure it is a less used expression. The one I used is the most common one...

O-namae is more formal/polite than namae, but yea it applies.

I found myself using desu a lot in japan, there were not too many people I was familiar with, lol. I tend to speak very formally, I was told that I speak very politely. So when I write stuff I use desu a lot as well. Anyways, I say suki desu, lol. But you are correct it can be said without desu, but only to people that are your friends or below you in status...

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/4/5 15:56
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

The way your book refers to the bathroom, is it saying, where is the toilet, or where is the bathtub? The one I listed was where is the toilet. I am not sure how to say where is the bathtub. I think it maybe be refered to as ofuro, but anyways, I am not saying you are wronmg, lol I am just telling him the most commonly used expression. Just like in english, could you point me to the vancenty of the lavatory is the same thing as where is the bathroom, but it is just worded differently. So I am not sure if tearai is wrong, but I am sure it is a less used expression. The one I used is the most common one...

O-namae is more formal/polite than namae, but yea it applies.

I found myself using desu a lot in japan, there were not too many people I was familiar with, lol. I tend to speak very formally, I was told that I speak very politely. So when I write stuff I use desu a lot as well. Anyways, I say suki desu, lol. But you are correct it can be said without desu, but only to people that are your friends or below you in status...

ah I see, thank you mr. jigen. I have my book here now to clarify some things. And it is said there that "o-tearai wa doko desu ka?" means "where is the toilet" well, I also dunno what to use in casual conversations. I guess if you always say "desu" at the end it's very polite. and when you use "mashita, masu" it is also very polite. well, for a person like you, I guess you're that person who is really formal. lol.

Posted on: 2008/4/5 18:30
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
simple one here...how would you say...bye...i will miss you forever and ever (.:>_<:.)...sayonara...something something..
Posted on: 2008/4/7 7:44
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 15 M Twighlight Town
OMG, I remember I used to have how to learn japanese threads, things sure have changed, I guess I 'll leave the japanese up to you then
Posted on: 2008/4/7 9:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1415161718>