Slipknot, metal recommendations?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Slipknot, metal recommendations?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
i think linkin park is not a metal band...... i think they are a pop rock band...

Posted on: 2008/3/11 5:38
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
There suppose to be rap metal...but now they gotten soft now...
Posted on: 2008/3/11 14:51
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
My best advice would be to stay away from rap, metal, goth and tattoos as well as the people who are into them. Even grunge bands and the junk food potato chip aisles at your local supermarkets are quite bad for you. In fact, all of life is out to get you, so please, beware. Show some intelligence. Use your best judgment. Recognize the full panoply of your choices, then make good choices. Personally, I recommend Sun Chips. Hiromi Uehara - Summer Rain (LIVE)
Posted on: 2008/3/11 15:05
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Hikki raps alittle... I cant help but to listen to metal/rock i grew up listening to it. And sunchips are xP dont like it i will stick to yogurt...lol. But not all metal, rock, rap, pop, etc. are bad some have good influence on ppl.xD U say to stay away 4rm them but u should get to know them before u judge...
Posted on: 2008/3/11 15:48
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Italosuave sir, you sounded like my father. (hey it ryhmes hehe)

i don't think metalmusic perse is bad, its the reaction of people that makes it bad.

i mean metal music is still the expression of the artist that make them, most music tackles positive vibes like love, friendship etc. so why can't there be music for negative emotions like sadness, depression and even hate. i mean good and evil always existed side by side, some artist just wanted to express what they feel, and some of thier listeners feel the same way. i think what we should strive is to somewhat balance things out, take for example myself, i do get tired sometimes with metal music and other loud sounds, that is why i was thankful to discover the music of hikaru-san, she always got positive vibes in her music.

its our choice if we will be too influence on this sounds to lead normal lives. thats just what i feel.
Posted on: 2008/3/11 19:23
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

lumad wrote:
Italosuave sir, you sounded like my father. (hey it ryhmes hehe)

i don't think metalmusic perse is bad, its the reaction of people that makes it bad.

i mean metal music is still the expression of the artist that make them, most music tackles positive vibes like love, friendship etc. so why can't there be music for negative emotions like sadness, depression and even hate. i mean good and evil always existed side by side, some artist just wanted to express what they feel, and some of thier listeners feel the same way. i think what we should strive is to somewhat balance things out, take for example myself, i do get tired sometimes with metal music and other loud sounds, that is why i was thankful to discover the music of hikaru-san, she always got positive vibes in her music.

its our choice if we will be too influence on this sounds to lead normal lives. thats just what i feel.

Your completely right.xD
Posted on: 2008/3/11 19:29
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
do u even know wat he is talking about?

Posted on: 2008/3/11 23:30
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
umm, i'm not sure all of these bands are REAL metal, because some are kinda more along hardcore / screamo / or whatever.

but these are my favorites...
the devil wears prada
slipknot
atreyu
blessthefall
bullet for my valentine
chimaira
job for a cowboy
killswitch engage
mudvayne
my chemical romance [ehh, they're kinda gay]
silverstein
suicide silence [sort of]
the used
underoath
unearth

erm yeah, like I said they're not all metal but close enough, yes? or not. lol.

Posted on: 2008/3/12 15:17
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
i think slipknot and mudvayne are the only metal band in your list.....

Posted on: 2008/3/13 4:56
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
personally i think the following bands are great

iron maiden
dragon force(trough th efire and flames god i like that song!)
sabaton
nightwish(old version not with the new singer)
Posted on: 2008/3/13 5:21
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345>