Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...14>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Favorite Hikki song
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Hmm....I guess everyone prefers her work from the COLORS single and beyond? How about prior the COLORS single? Does anyone like her R&B works? =D Probably my favorite is Wait & See. =D Her vocals are amazing [that high note she hits.] and the overall song is so catchy. The PV is pretty amusing. xD

A good word for Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro would be fragile and depressing. It's a pretty heartbreaking. And it's even sadder at the end of Casshern. [GREAT movie. =D]

I guess many Hikki fans prefer her works beyond the COLORS single, which marks her changing musically. From there, her works began to mature and take a experimental route.

EDIT: I see a poll for 'what's your favorite song off the HEART STATION album'. Honestly, is that a bit too early to vote for something like that? xD And we only got a small preview of Fight the Blues.

yea, I prefer her songs from the Colors era. Most of my favorite songs from Hikki came from there, also, I like Wait & See. I used to sing it everytime. I really love hearing it.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/3/2 18:36
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Georgia (U.S.A.)
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Hmm....I guess everyone prefers her work from the COLORS single and beyond? How about prior the COLORS single? Does anyone like her R&B works? =D Probably my favorite is Wait & See. =D Her vocals are amazing [that high note she hits.] and the overall song is so catchy. The PV is pretty amusing. xD

A good word for Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro would be fragile and depressing. It's a pretty heartbreaking. And it's even sadder at the end of Casshern. [GREAT movie. =D]

I guess many Hikki fans prefer her works beyond the COLORS single, which marks her changing musically. From there, her works began to mature and take a experimental route.

EDIT: I see a poll for 'what's your favorite song off the HEART STATION album'. Honestly, is that a bit too early to vote for something like that? xD And we only got a small preview of Fight the Blues.

Well I just wanted to know everyone's favorite from what we have so far xD The poll will expire before the full album is released.

"Take a chance in the headwind and fly."
Posted on: 2008/3/2 18:39
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I also prefer her experimental stuff. xD As for my favorite song so far from the choices listed...I would have to say Beautiful World. HEART STATION was kinda dull, but I like it better now. Stay Gold was brilliant in composition, but her vocals sounded strained. Kiss & Cry was very catchy, but sometimes the explosion of brass instruments at beginning kinda irks me. xD But her vocals were good. As for Fight the Blues, I like it so far. Kinda odd listening to it at first, but it's sounds cool. ^^ Boku wa Kuma is a cute song, but a bit too childish. Nevertheless, quite enjoyable. The original version of the Flavor of Life didn't really catch my attention at first. And the ballad version is amazing. =D

But Beautiful World is probably my favorite. I love the ethereal synth sound and the piano chords. Her vocals were better. =D
Posted on: 2008/3/2 19:11
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Georgia (U.S.A.)
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I also prefer her experimental stuff. xD As for my favorite song so far from the choices listed...I would have to say Beautiful World. HEART STATION was kinda dull, but I like it better now. Stay Gold was brilliant in composition, but her vocals sounded strained. Kiss & Cry was very catchy, but sometimes the explosion of brass instruments at beginning kinda irks me. xD But her vocals were good. As for Fight the Blues, I like it so far. Kinda odd listening to it at first, but it's sounds cool. ^^ Boku wa Kuma is a cute song, but a bit too childish. Nevertheless, quite enjoyable. The original version of the Flavor of Life didn't really catch my attention at first. And the ballad version is amazing. =D

But Beautiful World is probably my favorite. I love the ethereal synth sound and the piano chords. Her vocals were better. =D

Mhm Beautiful World is a really good song, one of my favorites so far. The original version of Flavor of Life and Kiss & Cry are up there too. I think Flavor of Life was a really good song, the ballad version seemed a bit too slow for me. And I like the synth in the original version better than the orchestra in the ballad version.

"Take a chance in the headwind and fly."
Posted on: 2008/3/2 19:17
  •  Moodring
      Moodring
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/f
New album: Beautiful World
All time fave : traveling/Deep River...can't decide which I love more ^.^
Posted on: 2008/3/2 21:25
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
i love her new recent ones like exodus and beyond...those songs are just gorgeous...a change in music style i think..
Posted on: 2008/3/3 5:58
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16, Male, Orlando
Favorite Album Overall: ULTRA BLUE
Song: Heart Station

What seems to catch me about this song is it's rhythmic chorus that just has a manipulative groove to it. You can do anything to it really and it will still fit the song. It's very elastic, very good for karaoke as well. Hikaru's voice was really surprising in this one, and Beautiful World as well as she usually goes to higher octave a few times in her songs let alone one. But almost every chorus she was "shitteRU~" and it clicks. I really love it!
Posted on: 2008/3/3 6:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:

From her R & B era,
I gotta say I loved Give me a Reason, Distance, and Wait & See...Can you keep a secret? is something you can bounce to :P
Posted on: 2008/3/3 6:41
  •  Kyoji
      Kyoji
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 19/male/TX
Tokyo NIGHTS always gets me up and dancin' even if im alone :/ lol
Posted on: 2008/3/3 16:52
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!