General Discussion
  You know what really grinds my gears? xD

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: You know what really grinds my gears? xD
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
yea yea, #1 thing is to ignore what they are thinking about you.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/3/5 18:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:
When people ask the question "Why do you listen to J-pop if you don't understand Japanese?". Since when have lyrics been of utmost importance in music?

Discuss: your opinion

To be honest, I think this a reasonable question for anybody to ask. Lyrics are a big part of music. Why would anyone listen to something where you are not getting a full experience?

However, this question comes down to aesthetics. Everyone has their own personal value set which ultimately allows people to pass judgment on art/music.

However I've always been curious as to why Japanese culture has become a widespread phenomenon across the world.......
Posted on: 2008/3/5 20:59
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Georgia (U.S.A.)
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:
When people ask the question "Why do you listen to J-pop if you don't understand Japanese?". Since when have lyrics been of utmost importance in music?

To be honest, I think this a reasonable question for anybody to ask. Lyrics are a big part of music. Why would anyone listen to something where you are not getting a full experience?

However, this question comes down to aesthetics. Everyone has their own personal value set which ultimately allows people to pass judgment on art/music.

However I've always been curious as to why Japanese culture has become a widespread phenomenon across the world.......

Well lyrics can be important, but music can exist without lyrics so I don't see it as the most important thing. And Japanese is a much prettier language in my opinion and I do just enjoy her voice no matter what the language.

"Take a chance in the headwind and fly."
Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:02
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
Ohmygosh so many people have asked me why I listen to Japanese music X_X; (no one else in my family or friends like japanese music so I get this question A LOT)

I never felt right listening to English music and when I heard Japanese music it was like I was home . I just love the language <333 I think it is so pretty. When I listen to Japanese music I try to translate it and look up all kinds of words and read kanji and everything! I hope one day to learn Japanese and I think listening to Japanese music helps ^^. Now whenever I hear Japanese it seems normal to me (even if I don't understand all the words) XD. I just love everything about the language <3333 and hikki just makes it even more awesome I wish I knew someone who spoke Japanese fluently X3 I would pester them endlessly and ask them all kinds of question XD
Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:22
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
thats awesome rabbit

just follow ur dream and one day u will ^^V

thats what i'm gonna do too and maybe be living in japan =)
Posted on: 2008/3/5 23:10
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
haha, u wish... , i dont think u will live in japan

Posted on: 2008/3/5 23:27
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
why does living in japan have anything to do with learning the language? O . O just asking
Posted on: 2008/3/5 23:36
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
why does living in japan have anything to do with learning the language? O . O just asking

in my opinion, it's because there are still several japanese people who doesn't understand much of the english language, so, it's better to communicate with them using their language.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 0:22
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:

we have the same reason eclipse, I'am really curious about the Japanese culture, language and everything about them. I find everything Japanese a very interesting one.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 0:24
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:

we have the same reason eclipse, I'am really curious about the Japanese culture, language and everything about them. I find everything Japanese a very interesting one.

My sister doesn't seem to think so. We were in the car and passed the Japanese Embassy here. I immediately looked up when my aunt told me we were passing it. She was like "Ooh it's Japanese", in a mocking tone. She was making fun of my fascination. She said that in Japan there are vending machines that sell used panties and men buy them. Then another day, we passed it again during midday and she says "Ooh the embassy is so pretty" sincerely this time. Ugh what a hipacripe.
Posted on: 2008/3/6 1:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...12>