Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  Any hopes or expectations for Utada's 2nd English album?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Any hopes or expectations for Utada's 2nd English album?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Georgia (U.S.A.)
I hope her music sounds more like her Japanese stuff from Ultra Blue & Heart Station personally. ^_^

Discuss: Hopes or Expectations for 2nd English album.
Exodus album. (opinion on it)

"Take a chance in the headwind and fly."
Posted on: 2008/3/5 20:51
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Re: Any hopes or expectations for Utadas 2nd English album?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Yaaaa i think when she did exodus it was a stage or a part in her life that she was having some issues that she was trying to identify with herself which is very understandable when one takes a career that deals with our own identity and also express who we are essentially. So in that album there was a lot of mixing and basically finding that right "tune" for her and it was great to see her try to figure things out musically and what her image was to be. My hopes for her new english album is that hopefully she stays strong and take these new songs to a whole new level but also not losing herself with the confusion of finding her identity with music as she did before. There are various reasons but i feel that maybe she was concentrating on that since she jumped into this career sooner than most people and didn't have that time to look deep within herself to sort things out etc. etc.

So back to her new album, yes i do wish she does not dissapoint herself foremost since its her songs that she is writing, so thus, she must be comfortable to them. As an avid and enthusiastic fan of her i just wish for her success and that hopefully these songs will entice us :3
Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:18
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
Yaaaa i think when she did exodus it was a stage or a part in her life that she was having some issues that she was trying to identify with herself which is very understandable when one takes a career that deals with our own identity and also express who we are essentially. So in that album there was a lot of mixing and basically finding that right "tune" for her and it was great to see her try to figure things out musically and what her image was to be. My hopes for her new english album is that hopefully she stays strong and take these new songs to a whole new level but also not losing herself with the confusion of finding her identity with music as she did before. There are various reasons but i feel that maybe she was concentrating on that since she jumped into this career sooner than most people and didn't have that time to look deep within herself to sort things out etc. etc.

So back to her new album, yes i do wish she does not dissapoint herself foremost since its her songs that she is writing, so thus, she must be comfortable to them. As an avid and enthusiastic fan of her i just wish for her success and that hopefully these songs will entice us :3

That seems to make sense, I mean it seems like her marriage was kinda on the rocks around that time >_< But Exodus was highly experimental and had a lot of different genres, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing but kinda unstable. So maybe this time she'll try to focus more on one or two genres. Then again I don't think she really wants to become really famous here honestly. I will still love her even if she doesn't become a big hit here with her new album. ^_^

Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:24
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Hai hai :3 her marriage and family problems probably play a role but yea i think it would be good for her to stay in a general road but yes i would still love her even if she isn't famous over here, but as long she has the respect than its also good :D
Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:28
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
I really like the Exodus album, even though it seems like most people don't. I mean it's very different from her Japanese stuff but it's still not your typical American music. Utada still made it unique and her own, particularly with her lyrics. ^_^

Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:31
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
yes yes! it has a lot of songs that makes you think and the can see that there is a lot of hidden emotion in them, i love it too :D
Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:34
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
yes yes! it has a lot of songs that makes you think and the can see that there is a lot of hidden emotion in them, i love it too :D

mhm mhm. I think my favorites are Devil Inside,Tippy Toe,Animato,Kremlin Dusk,and YMMWTBAM. >w<

Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:38
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
hmmm maybe she will but i'm not sure.... =/

but exodus was a alright album, it wasn't as good as her japanese albums but it doesn't suck either
Posted on: 2008/3/5 22:51
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I hope hikki will have more RnB songs like the ones from First Love and Distance. They'd be awesome in English!
Posted on: 2008/3/6 1:45
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I hope she sticks with music she is comfortable with. =D Experimenting is good but it's also important to stick to your roots and maintain a concrete structure at the same time. Less sexually explicit lyrics, please. xD Though, they were kinda silly. More promotion, since there was little promotion for her Exodus album.

I just want Hikki to make an better release than her previous one.
Posted on: 2008/3/6 11:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...6>