Utada Net.com Forum Index
   General Utada Discussion
  What is your favorite album of Utada's and why?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...7>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: What is your favorite album of Utada's and why?
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Ultra Blue is my fav album from her ^^

and my fav song on it is Be My Last <3
Posted on: 2008/3/9 23:02
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Georgia (U.S.A.)
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
Ultra Blue is my fav album from her ^^

and my fav song on it is Be My Last <3

ohh I like Be My Last, but I think my favorites are Blue,Nichiyo no Asa,WINGS,and Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro.

"Take a chance in the headwind and fly."
Posted on: 2008/3/9 23:40
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
well

almost all of her songs on ultra blue are really nice =D
Posted on: 2008/3/9 23:51
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
well

almost all of her songs on ultra blue are really nice =D

that's true, I liked all of them except Kairo.

Posted on: 2008/3/9 23:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I think Kairo was gorgeous. =D It has a chilling feel and actually feels you're lost at the sea. It also feels quite mythical. Wonderful string programming, an overall beautiful piece. My favorite has to be Ultra Blue, it's just feels superior to the others. Every song on the album was beautiful and wasn't even slightly bad. The quality of the album I would say is better than Deep River. I love the experimental route Hikki is taking. =D

I would say Sakura Drops is a better opening than This is Love. Even though I love the energy of This is Love, Sakura Drops is still absolutely wonderful. xD But I didn't really enjoy Play Ball and Tokyo Nights was pretty average. [For some reason, i'm not crazy for it. o_O I been trying to make myself like it. xD]

Ultra Blue is amazing from beginning to end. My only complaint is that songs like Be my Last, Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro, and Wings feels out of place while the rest of the songs are less organic and more synth and experimental. But each song individually is good. [Making Love has the weirdest bridge. o_O But it's very nice, nevertheless. =D] And I wish Yamada would shine more on One Night Magic because all he did was compliment Hikki's voice. And he did very good doing that. xD But...yea.

And Passion is an amazing way to finish the Ultra Blue album. =3
Posted on: 2008/3/10 14:11
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/USA
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I think Kairo was gorgeous. =D It has a chilling feel and actually feels you're lost at the sea. It also feels quite mythical. Wonderful string programming, an overall beautiful piece. My favorite has to be Ultra Blue, it's just feels superior to the others. Every song on the album was beautiful and wasn't even slightly bad. The quality of the album I would say is better than Deep River. I love the experimental route Hikki is taking. =D

I would say Sakura Drops is a better opening than This is Love. Even though I love the energy of This is Love, Sakura Drops is still absolutely wonderful. xD But I didn't really enjoy Play Ball and Tokyo Nights was pretty average. [For some reason, i'm not crazy for it. o_O I been trying to make myself like it. xD]

Ultra Blue is amazing from beginning to end. My only complaint is that songs like Be my Last, Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro, and Wings feels out of place while the rest of the songs are less organic and more synth and experimental. But each song individually is good. [Making Love has the weirdest bridge. o_O But it's very nice, nevertheless. =D] And I wish Yamada would shine more on One Night Magic because all he did was compliment Hikki's voice. And he did very good doing that. xD But...yea.

i agree, Kairo had a nice sound to it. nice and calm X3

lol, i dont htink you can force yourself to like a song >.> im not of a Play Ball fan either. I usually end up skipping that track sometimes

and i totally say the same. Passion was PERFECT to put at the end, i loved the interlude too X3 its like it had a little bit of the music from Passion in it
Posted on: 2008/3/10 16:00
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/F/USA
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:
Quote:

Ryu-Sakura wrote:
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:
Quote:

Ryu-Sakura wrote:
Quote:

LethalAnesthetic wrote:
Quote:

Ryu-Sakura wrote:
i think my favorite was Distance because i loved the overall cd and the way it flowed (does that sound weird?) also it was my first Utada album that i purchased myself

ohh i see. I really like Drama,Kettobase!,Parody,and Addicted To You from that album. ^_^
My absolute favorite song on that album was Kettobase! X3

I didn't get the "I want your baby" part though. xD
lol, I dont think ANYONE does

the first time my mom heard that song she was like "wtf??? what are you listening to?"

lol. well I'm pretty sure the song is about an abusive relationship, but yea that's all I know about it. xD
ahh so thats what it was about! i was trying to figure it out after i got the lyrics X3

maybe one day someone should email Hikki and ask, whyd she say I want youre baby on that track
Posted on: 2008/3/10 16:02
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 14/M/NM
Deep River is Favorite album right now,because it has a lot of good songs about love that i can relate to,
Posted on: 2008/3/10 16:38
  •  LethalAnesthetic
      LethalAnesthetic
Hikki Fanatic
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:

Yea I understand what you're saying, Be My Last and Dareka no Negai ga Kanau Koro seemed out of place because they were like acoustic, but I think WINGS fit right in with the other songs. ^_^

Posted on: 2008/3/10 17:17
Re: What is your favorite album of Utadas and why?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
My fav album would be Exodus. I like the grooves and the interesting melodies and the LYRICS! Think, if there had been no Exodus album, Hikki would never probably have composed the experimental pop that we all know and love and also the album is in english...

it saves me the hassle of looking up lyrics and memorising them word by word when i wanna sing them.

the only problem i have is this.

I can't listen to songs like the workout when im at home with my parents openly. cause it's still pretty conservative here in my house. i guess it's the asian culture
Posted on: 2008/3/10 17:43
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...7>