Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Ayaka, they call her the new UTADA Hikaru?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...10>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Re: Ayaka, they call her the new UTADA Hikaru?
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
I don't know,I mean for it's the same with Ayumi,and Ayaka,I like there recorded versions better than there lives,most of you know why Ayumi,but for Ayaka,it's just that I like her live versions,but it think you guys are giving people the wrong impression she dosen't sound perfect in her live performances,which I think the 2 of you are giving off btw
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:09
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
I just heard her cover of "I Love You". It was actually really good.

Hikki's one was pretty shaky compared to hers. XD

She can't beat my love for Hikki, though. (ayaka's strong voice is perfect for ballads, maybe that's why i liked I Believe)
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:09
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
She isn't absolutely perfect. But I would say she gives way better vocal performances than many J-pop artist. Even more than Hikki. Though Hikki is a good vocalist too. But when Ayaka performs live, it sounds identical to when she performs in a studio.

Like Soy said, Ayaka's voice is perfect for ballads. ^-^
Posted on: 2008/3/18 18:12
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I think Ayaka does have a stronger voice than Hikki but she also sometimes seems a little stretched at the high end. She is excellent at ballads but I also enjoy her more pop efforts. I would still say over all I prefer Hikki. I wouldn't put them against each other, I'm quite happy to enjoy what they both have to offer. Ayaka will certainly be an interesting career to watch, as for being the new Hikki, I think the current one is still going strong and will be for some time.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 20:06
  •  Lily
      Lily
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
^Yeah I agree. At first I thought the comparison was based off music, but not really. Ayaka has a stronger voice, although I wouldn't call her the new Utada Hikaru lol. I mean she's doing well for herself and there are many other singers with stronger vocals than Hikki. She has her own thing going on. I definitely want to hear more from her though.
Posted on: 2008/3/18 21:08
  •  skinnyaznkid
      skinnyaznkid
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/M/Florida
She does have a strong voice but little range compared to Hikki. I'm not diggin the style of music, it doesn't amaze me, maybe if i listen more. The first time i heard Hikki's music i was amazed.
Posted on: 2008/3/19 16:31
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
I have to agree with skinny, though Ayaka has a stronger voice, her voice and songs doesn't amaze me as how I'am amazed with Hikki's. Her voice sounds kinda common to my ears, coz' I've heard some singers having a voice like hers and her style of singing. Unlike Hikki's, it's very genuine & the uniqueness of her composed songs is also a + factor.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/3/19 17:36
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I also prefer Hikki's compositions than Ayaka's. =D

But does it seem pretty foolish call Ayaka the next Hikki? xD Hikki is just Hikki and Ayaka is just Ayaka. They are two different people. Both are unique on their own.
Posted on: 2008/3/19 17:41
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
I also prefer Hikki's compositions than Ayaka's. =D

But does it seem pretty foolish call Ayaka the next Hikki? xD Hikki is just Hikki and Ayaka is just Ayaka. They are two different people. Both are unique on their own.

I agree. I guess they're calling Ayaka as the new Hikki because she's the new rising star of Japan, a new discovered artist that has the talent I bet.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/3/19 17:57
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
ayaka's voice sounds like DO As INFINITY
Posted on: 2008/3/20 6:42
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...10>