Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  Ayaka, they call her the new UTADA Hikaru?

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678910>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Hikki4ever119
      Hikki4ever119
Re: Ayaka, they call her the new UTADA Hikaru?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/F/Philippines
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
Quote:

TheOutlawTorn wrote:
I think that she is technically a way better singer, specially live, and she's a wonderful composer, love all her songs. I enjoy them both, but nowadays Ayaka is doing better imo

How dare you!? NO!! You betrayed Hikki...lol j/p, I disagree with you,I've been hearing her lives and she's good,but not that good,but than again who is.I only like Mikadzuki,I heard I blieve,but didn't like it,No offense,but what's up with her hair,can someone say Amy whinehouse? again No offense,I like her and all,but her hair is just yaa....I'll stop there don't want no one to get mad at me

Yeaa... how dare you...
Posted on: 2008/4/8 2:40
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
i watched her live.. and.., and.. im moved by her song... (even i dont understand it..) the theme song for doraemon the movie....
Posted on: 2008/4/8 11:30
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Hikki4ever119 wrote:
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
Quote:

TheOutlawTorn wrote:
I think that she is technically a way better singer, specially live, and she's a wonderful composer, love all her songs. I enjoy them both, but nowadays Ayaka is doing better imo

How dare you!? NO!! You betrayed Hikki...lol j/p, I disagree with you,I've been hearing her lives and she's good,but not that good,but than again who is.I only like Mikadzuki,I heard I blieve,but didn't like it,No offense,but what's up with her hair,can someone say Amy whinehouse? again No offense,I like her and all,but her hair is just yaa....I'll stop there don't want no one to get mad at me

Yeaa... how dare you...

Yea, Ayaka's singles have been kicking ass lately. xD Jewelry Day still gives me the goosebumps, especially the gorgeous strings at the end. And Ayaka does have a lot of passion in her singing as well. o_O But Hikki's voice does have a signature charm to it. xD
Posted on: 2008/4/8 13:38
  •  TheOutlawTorn
      TheOutlawTorn
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 16/Male/Pamplona (Spain)
Quote:

Hikki4ever119 wrote:
at i believe.. Hikki's vocals at passion beats it..

If Ayu copies madonna at some of her PV's
I Believe PV and Passion PV are kinda alike.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=AGIkLgED7HA

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=gLITR9UF0wE - She likes speaking too much

I don't care what do you think about the song, just compare how they hold the notes... Hikaru almost can't... but... is it bad? I would say no. In art, 2+2 does not equal 4; the lack of skill can be a personal touch, a special feel the performer gives to the song, and there's where Utada is amazing, her style is unique.

What I mean is that there are miles between both in terms of technical skills, but that does not mean that one is better. This is art people. Hell, I'm a Kirk Hammett fan and I'm tired of reading things like 'he sucks, he can't play, xxxxx is waaaay better', and that xxxxx's fans can say that xxxxx is better in every aspect (technique, feeling, composition...) but what I know is that I enjoy waaaay more listening to Kirk than xxxxx, and anybody can deny this, or give reasons against it.

Btw that amazing song is Te o Tsunag? (let's tie our hands or something like that)
Posted on: 2008/4/8 15:09
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
WOW...She really did talk for a long time,well okay just 3 minutes or so,but it seemed like forever,you know what I noticed though is that when Ayaka talks and then she sings,she still seems like the same person with the same persona.In Utada United,when Hikki talked she was a different person,from when she sings,cause after Hikki talks and then goes straight to performing she portrays a very different persona,which I personally love about hikaru,Doesn't anyone agree? Well i just wanted to state that out. Ayaka does sing nice live,but dosen't put so much emotion i when singing like Utada.
Posted on: 2008/4/8 21:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I've also noticed the personality changes.
Posted on: 2008/4/9 2:25
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
she's good...ever heard the song "why"? it's the theme song of the PSP hit "crisis core: final fantasy 7"...the song is good, it fits perfectly in the ending, but if i have to choose, i'd still pick an utada ballad like "final distance" than "why"...although she's really good...she has a bright jpop future...still, long ways to go before reaching what hikki already achieved...=P
Posted on: 2008/4/10 7:56
  •  Hikki4ever119
      Hikki4ever119
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 14/F/Philippines
First Message - First Love
Blue Days - Blue

(censored)
Posted on: 2008/4/10 10:34
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Hikki4ever119 wrote:
First Message - First Love
Blue Days - Blue

(censored)

It's just an coincidence...o_O I don't see the big deal about the similarities. xD Ayaka didn't call her song 'Blue' or her album 'First Love'. She didn't rip off the same experimental composition and claimed it her own. xD

And no one will in the present Japanese music industry will be able to beat the physical record sales of First Love. First Love was released in 1999 and sold about 10,056,000. This is before Napster, iTunes, etc. Ayaka's debut album was released in 2006, and it sold about a million copies. And a million copies is a very good number in a time where fans could easily download music without buying the physical record. And her album was number one in the World Charts.

Hikki has much more musical experience then Ayaka. And Hikki grew up in a studio. Ayaka started to get really interested in music during her high school years. And now we're comparing someone who debuted two years to someone who grew up around music all her life and been in the music industry for ten years. Yea, it's unbalanced. xD Ayaka and Hikki have different styles and different voices. But Ayaka is definitely better than Hikki in singing studio and live performances. But Hikki still has uniqueness to her voice, it isn't as powerful as Ayaka's.

Why is it a popularity contest all of the sudden? Hey, I love Hikki. But I love Ayaka equally. =3 But just because her debut single was the highest since Hikki's Automatic/Time Will Tell doesn't mean you have to dislike her automatically because you're a Hikki fan and assume she 'sucks' and Hikki wins. o_O When was there a battle between the two? And if there is, for what reason? xD

Have you ever fully listen to First Message? It's a good quality album for a debut album and it shows that Ayaka definitely has potential in the music industry. =D
Posted on: 2008/4/13 16:41
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
no, actually hikki sings perfect in live and an a studio

i mean come on have u seen UU06, she is way better then ayaka
Posted on: 2008/4/14 1:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678910>