Poster Thread
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Re: The reason behind Take 5s sudden ending
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
Heres a review of the Heart Station album.

http://utada-online.net/blog/?p=241

thanks a bunch!

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:07
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
YW
Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:20
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
I don't know but I'm starting to think that they accidentally cut the song off XD
Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:35
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Poe_n_Marry gave a link from the official site saying that it was intentional, not accidental.
Posted on: 2008/3/19 22:42
  •  poe_n_merry
      poe_n_merry
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Okay I am hearing alot of talk about songs meanings and such, could anyone give me a link to some translations? I would love to read some people opinion of the album as well, anyone read any reviews? Or anyone made and song specific reviews? I would love to read.

Hikkistation has done a great job getting the lyrics (romaji, japanese, and english translation) up on their site. check it out!

テイク 5 is my favourite track in the album. At first, i wasn't sure about the abrupt ending, but now i think it's entirely appropriate and necessary. If the song's message were about death/getting to relive life again, then it'd make sense that the song ends abruptly, 'cuz sometimes life can end all of a sudden too.

if the song were to end the conventional way, then perhaps the message wouldn't get delivered as effectively?
Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:32
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
I like how it just ended all of a sudden, and then Boku wa Kuma plays.

Take 5 is easily my favorite track on the album.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 16:38
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
Ya,although it has a sudden ending,I love this songs,it's so original,and pretty much shows Hikki is not afraid to experience anything with music.
Posted on: 2008/3/20 20:21
  •  jigenbakuda
      jigenbakuda
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/Jacksonville FL
Quote:

poe_n_merry wrote:
Quote:

jigenbakuda wrote:
Okay I am hearing alot of talk about songs meanings and such, could anyone give me a link to some translations? I would love to read some people opinion of the album as well, anyone read any reviews? Or anyone made and song specific reviews? I would love to read.

Hikkistation has done a great job getting the lyrics (romaji, japanese, and english translation) up on their site. check it out!

テイク 5 is my favourite track in the album. At first, i wasn't sure about the abrupt ending, but now i think it's entirely appropriate and necessary. If the song's message were about death/getting to relive life again, then it'd make sense that the song ends abruptly, 'cuz sometimes life can end all of a sudden too.

if the song were to end the conventional way, then perhaps the message wouldn't get delivered as effectively?

Thanks I would expect nothing less from .:hikki:. I can not really check out his site right now as tgh connection I have does not really allow to check out most sites, wikipedia has been killing me... Anyways thats for the heads up, I will check it as soon as I get back in america.

If one sets a trap, isn't it the victim's fault for falling in?
Posted on: 2008/3/20 21:10
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 17/F/Singapore
but the album kinda dun sound like a death 2 mi...
Posted on: 2008/3/20 22:08
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: The reason behind Take 5's sudden ending
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Erith wrote:
My speculated reason for the sudden ending of take 5 is this:

(This is only spectaculation. I read the album as a story)
As Hikki mentioned in the SSTV interview, the album deals with Death. So my guess is that the sudden ending means Death and possibly a sudden one.

As I am open to any views on life after death. One of the beliefs I have is reincarnation.

So, the end of take 5 signifies the end of an individual's life. and his spirit reincarnates and takes a different form.
i.e. it become a child again and lives on earth as we can see from boku wa kuma. Then we follow this individual as it grows from a child to teen (in Rainbow-colored Bus) and finally to an adult (Flavor of Life)

Notice that there is a version of FOL already earlier on the album. This shows that the person earlier on who had died during Take 5 is the same as the only we are hearing about now. The person is only taking a different form

To put it graphically

<------------------------------------------------------->
FOL (ballad) Take 5 Boku wa Kuma RCB FOL
^----------------------------------------------------^
Same song but different versions, same theory applies to my idea of the HEART STATION perso's life.

that makes perfect sense =)

wow she is so creative <333333
Posted on: 2008/3/20 23:07
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>