<12345...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Re: A Great Manga Read
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
I read a little of Midori Days before. I didn't really like it but that's because I didn't find it that unique except for that little predicament. It kind of bored me. Maybe I'll give it another try.

One manga I'm not exactly recommending, but more like introducing, is Hot Gimmick. (Find it on onemanga)
I read it because people said it was good but the ending kinda made me mad. The characters pissed me off a lot too. XD

Pros: Story line flows smoothly and is easy to follow up. And the art is pretty good, not the best IMO, I like the cover pictures better. And uh, you might find more pros about this manga if you enjoyed it more. I thought it was okay.........

Cons: You'll either like the characters or hate them. There's only black and white. No grey.

Btw, I'm looking for a place where I can read Azumang Daioh besides manga hut. Any suggestions?
Posted on: 2008/3/21 10:37
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I downloaded all the Azumanga Daioh episodes so I dont really know anywhere. You could try mangavolume.com though.
Posted on: 2008/3/21 10:46
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Hmm, I just stumbled on a pretty interesting manga, this time its all about action. This manga I'm recommending is Xblade. I found it rather entertaining to read even though it only have 10 chapters released right now by the scanalation group. I am certainly looking forward to it. It has some great, extremely well drawn action scenes and a pretty interesting story. Check it out:

http://www.onemanga.com/XBlade/

Pros: Extremely well-drawn, detailed action scenes; Very nice art style that fits the manga; Bloody goodness; Intriguing story; Character development is at a good pace; Sucks you in; Since there is only 10 chapters available right now, people won't have to struggle in order to catch up with everyone on the manga.

Cons: Bloody goodness might not exactly be your thing; Full blown nudity (Only females at the moment); Humor might not exactly hit the mark; Due to short chapter length at the moment, not much more can be said if whether the manga will expand its pros or deliver up more cons; Lame name.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 12:55
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/m/philippines
D.Gray-Man... and Eye Shield 21
Posted on: 2008/3/24 16:04
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
hey i read in onemanga.com too, im sure everyone have heard of Deathnote, and its pretty much mainstream, but its one of my favorite.

another manga that i tried reading was Onepiece. really great story, also mainstream i think, but i wanna comment on it hehe

pro: if you're into pirates and stuffs related to it, ,then you'll love this series, full of memorable characters, and the story is pretty tight.

cons: imho the drawing and the overall layout of the manga is overly detailed, it feels clattered, you get tired of the drawings after a few chapter. but don't get me wrong the characters are neatly drawn, its just that its tiring too look at with all the graphics fitted in one page.

and i think the anime version really give justice to the series. but i haven't been watching it. lack of freetime hehe. but its a good find.

er just a suggestion to the ts, maybe we can include a scale when recommending a manga series. eg. from a scale of one to ten, ten being the highest this manga would be somewhere around 7. just a suggestion.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 19:07
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
One Piece is extremely popular. Its popularity rivals that of Bleach and Naruto so I don't consider it an underground gem, but One Piece is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. I do recommend One Piece for many many pros about it, but I can't give a full review with cons and pros because this topic is focusing only on underground manga gems.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 19:26
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Gunslinger Girl is an anime that got me to read the manga.
I loooooovved the anime and I'm currently reading the mangas I have. I couldn't find any online so I think people would have to purchase a copy or just sit in Barnes and Noble or Borders for a while,lol.

I'm not sure whether I should give pros for the anime or manga because I haven't read a lot of the mangas and my opinions could off because I adored the anime.

But...Cons: almost every chapter/epidsode is sad about the poor lives of the young girls. You might find it repetitive.
Posted on: 2008/3/24 21:22
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Gunslinger Girl is quite popular as well so I wouldn't consider it a underground gem. But that still doesn't mean its great.
Posted on: 2008/3/25 0:17
  •  p0rong
      p0rong
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L dunno
highschool of the dead, d.gray-man and naruto!
omg!!!
Posted on: 2008/3/25 2:59
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
Gunslinger Girl is quite popular as well so I wouldn't consider it a underground gem. But that still doesn't mean its great.

Ahh woops sorry. It's hard finding an underground gem. >.<
Posted on: 2008/3/25 16:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...9>