Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...6789
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: A Great Manga Read
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Vagabond now that's a great manga from a great mangaka takehiko inoue, I read the book MUSASHI... yes that thick book and Takehiko really have a great imagination make that book to manga.
Posted on: 2008/9/23 21:05
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Well now I seem to have stumbled upon something great that I had no idea about. Remember Death Note? Yeah you know how awesome it was. Indeed it is a manga that will be remembered throughout time. Now, the writer of Death Note; Ohba Tsugami, is working on a new manga. With such an odd name, I never thought this manga, which I thought was that weird anime show on Cartoonnetwork about balls and monsters lol, was written by him. I'm proud to introduce, Bakuman!

http://www.onemanga.com/Bakuman/

With such high reputation from being the team behind Death Note, this manga has a lot to accomplish and is also very popular already rank 30 on OM Rank. Now if you are thinking of a serious manga like Death Note, you are SO wrong. This seems to be a nice break for Ohba as he walks into the Shounen School Life territory. Oddly enough, this manga is actually quite funny showing that Ohba can have a good sense of humor. Lots of references from current high class mangas are in it which indeed makes it a good laugh. Also, for some reason, I feel like this manga was made to portray both Ohba and Obata's life as high school students trying to make it big by making a manga. This is seriously an entertaining manga that I want everyone to read.

I won't be writing any pros and cons because I have only read the first chapter.
Posted on: 2008/10/4 9:59
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Wow, haven't updated in a long time. Anyways, it's time for another juicy update and I have a real good one today.

Change 1,2,3!

http://www.onemanga.com/Change_123/

Heard of it? I doubt it.

Change 1,2,3 is one of those hidden games that you just wonder, "How come this isn't popular?!?!"

Change 1,2,3 is a unique storyline following a girl named Gettou Motoko and a boy named Kosukegawa Teruharu. It provides the typical love relationship of modern day high-school with an Otaku and a silent-type girl, but thats when things gets twisted. When Motoko's mother passed away when she was little, she was told that 3 men will protect her. These 3 men soon came for Motoko and called themselves her fathers. However, these 3 men aren't ordinary men. They are all legendary fighters. 2 of them are legendary martial artists while the 3rd is a master swordsman and a firearms and tactician expert. Now, in order to protect Motoko, all three of them decide to teach her everything they know through ridiculous training. During this time due to the stress, Motoko develops 3 personalities and each one of these personalities has mastered the style of one of their fathers. Kosukegawa learns about this, yet he still is in love with Motoko. Can he handle all the trouble the 3 personalities bring?

So, that's the basic summary of the story. Interesting huh? Never read a manga about multiple personalities before and it sure is a treat. You see, what makes me like this manga so much is not only for its creativity, but also for mixing a creative story with a good amount of romance AND intense action scenes. It surely is one of those hidden gems that you don't find everyday. I highly recommend Change 1,2,3. Pros and Cons are at the bottom

Pros: Fantastic storyline filled with creativity and a couple of twists; Great main characters that show a lot of personality; INTENSE and creative action scenes that are just brutal at times; Bloody goodness; Great humor; A couple of INTENSE emotional scenes; Great mix of romance and action, probably one of the best; Phenomenal art-style that fits perfectly into the storyline

Cons: Nudity(if you don't like it); Could use more intense emotional scenes; Romance is good, but nothing compared to other romance mangas like Bitter Virgin; Some panels get over-used waaaaay to much; Kosukegawa can get a little annoying at times
Posted on: 2009/4/14 8:39
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
A few days ago I came across this manga titled: bloody monday...

i'll quote what ayehunny had said about it in another thread...
Quote:

It's about a hacker who tries to find out where a group of terrorist are hiding. These terrorists are planning to let out a virus in Tokyo that wil kill almost everyone in the city and this hacker is trying to hack into their systems and find what kind of virus it is, if it can be cured and when they are going to do it.

that's her introduction for the drama... it is pretty much the same for the manga.. the scans are very slow, but i believe the drama is already completed and out in full...

For me, reading the manga is quite exciting and keeps me wanting to read more, but the updates are just too slow...
Posted on: 2009/4/14 10:33
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I tried reading Bloody Monday, but it just didn't interest me too much. It was OK to me, I never felt like I wanted to see what was next. It felt more like a chore to see what was next then entertaining really.
Posted on: 2009/4/14 11:25
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
I tried reading Bloody Monday, but it just didn't interest me too much. It was OK to me, I never felt like I wanted to see what was next. It felt more like a chore to see what was next then entertaining really.

It depends on each person, ya? Whether to like it or not...

I also think that Code: Breaker is quite a nice manga to read... but same as Bloody Monday, it has a really slow update...
Posted on: 2009/4/15 2:15
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
the ones recommended

www.onemanga.com

naruto
bleach
d.grayman
fullmetal alchemist
eyeshield 21
history's strongest disciple kenichi
one piece
shaman king
prince of tennis
Posted on: 2009/4/15 2:57
  •  itana1
      itana1
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male
i recommend GTO, yakitate japan, Kurosagi(and the drama as well), good old naruto, bleach, elfen lied, hikaru no go etc.

"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return." Loveless
Posted on: 2009/4/15 6:44
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Lol the topic is about finding great under-the-radar mangas that you could enjoy. We all know about those heavy big titles that you guys just put up, but try finding hidden gems in manga. You could be surprised by how good they are but how hard it was to find it.
Posted on: 2009/4/15 21:14
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Mine was

TENNEN KOKEKKO. its one of best manga in Japan but maybe a few knows about it
Red Eyes
Homunculus
Vagabond
Real
Boku wa imoto ni koi wo suru a.k.a my sister my love, this manga sell 6 million copies in Japan only
Posted on: 2009/4/17 1:24
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...6789