Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...9>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: A Great Manga Read
guest_Unregistered
No one reads Gantz?!Are you all human?Same with Elfen Lied.....No one reads black cat either?Pyuu to Fuku! Jaguar is friggin' hilarious(but I do have a weird sense of humor...)as is Gintama.You guys need to keep up with your weekly jump.It's taste good and is good for you.Boku no Watashi no Yūsha Gaku is looking good too.
Posted on: 2008/3/30 20:57
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I really didnt enjoy Gantz that much. Elfen Lied I enjoyed a hell of a lot, but I thought it was quite popular since I know people who know of it. Black Cat I heard of, but I never really thought of it as a gem. Gintama is GREAT and far from being an underground gem. The other 2 mangas you mentioned I have no idea.
Posted on: 2008/3/30 21:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
I really didnt enjoy Gantz that much. Elfen Lied I enjoyed a hell of a lot, but I thought it was quite popular since I know people who know of it. Black Cat I heard of, but I never really thought of it as a gem. Gintama is GREAT and far from being an underground gem. The other 2 mangas you mentioned I have no idea.

Jaguar and "Our Hero studies"(that's what it trans. too) are Shounen mangas.Jaguar been out since 2000 still going too,OHS came out last year it's a fun concept that everyone has thought of and it works beautifully.It's quite a breath of fresh air because it's mocks cliches while using them.
Posted on: 2008/3/30 21:24
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
You know where we can read it?
Posted on: 2008/3/31 0:11
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Black cat X33333
I've been hooked on "whistle" from Daisuke higuchi, but i don't know if its popular since i can't seem to find anyone that likes it....and yay! shounen jump!!! XD
Posted on: 2008/3/31 16:42
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Explain Whistle.
Posted on: 2008/3/31 16:57
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
New Manga!!

This is yet another romance manga but its again unique and different. Seriously, this is.....a romance manga that is really as unique as mangas like Midori No Hibi (IMO). Its a traditional boyfriend and girlfriend relationship, but the way they express and move on with their relationship is.....so awkward.....so mysterious.....so plain WTF meter that you can't help but read it more. Its another manga that sucks you in deep. I'm telling everyone to try it out. It really is great. Oh woops, I forgot to give you the name of the manga. It is called Mysterious Girlfriend X. Check it out here:

http://www.onemanga.com/Mysterious_Girlfriend_X/

Pros and Cons.

Pros: Interesting and unique take on the romance genre that I have yet to be seen taken....ANYWHERE near what this manga delivers; Humor hits the mark; Touching romance delivers; Lots of "Awwww!"moments; Extremely odd in a good way; Character development is at a good pace; Sucks you in deep just like my other manga recommendations; No reason for you to skip this great take on the romance genre.

Cons: Art style is nice but really simple; Some sub-characters have little to no importance in the manga and only really appear in one or a few parts of a chapter; Only 15 chapters at the moment; Might find it rather...disgusting, but not in a rated MA way.
Posted on: 2008/4/1 20:20
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Very weird manga there Ani. But interesting, though.

I'll try to find more manga this weekend when I have the time.
Posted on: 2008/4/4 18:28
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
Explain Whistle.

its about soccer isnt it? i saw the cover for book one once...

anybody read hunter x hunter?
Posted on: 2008/4/4 19:54
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:
Explain Whistle.

its about soccer isnt it? i saw the cover for book one once...

anybody read hunter x hunter?

Nope sorry....but there's this book I read its called Cherry Juice omg it's freaking awesome!!!xD
Posted on: 2008/4/4 19:59
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...9>