A/S/L I'm not a dude
but i was enjoying that girly man story. D:
Posted on: 2008/5/18 15:19
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Re: A Great Manga Read
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
I know! Same here! I really wanted to see what happens next. !SPOILER! And when it got the end, I guessed that the person he hung out with was a guy from the very beginning.
Posted on: 2008/5/18 18:36
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Lol, me too. It was pretty obvious. :D

Grrr...I'm rereading Bitter Virgin again.....I need updates. D:
Posted on: 2008/5/24 19:37
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
the best manga i ever read is bleach n naruto, they're pretty good

Posted on: 2008/5/24 20:42
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Yeah they are but this thread is about finding manga that is really good but not as popular as those like Naruto and Bleach. Think of it, underground gems.
Posted on: 2008/5/24 20:47
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
oh i think one piece is another good one...is it???

Posted on: 2008/5/25 18:51
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Not underground. One Piece is as big as Naruto and Bleach.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 19:39
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
how about...dbz??, no thats not it, gahh dis is so hard!!!

Posted on: 2008/5/26 15:03
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
And thats why this thread is here. For you to not have to go read crap manga while trying to find a new series to watch for.
Posted on: 2008/5/26 15:08
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Well after a long period of silence, a new recommendation has come! Unfortunately, this isn't a manga. Its an anime recommendation. How many of you ever thought that in some distant universe that Anime and the Horror genre would collide, you would get scared of that anime? Yeah me neither. Since I am a HUGE horror fan, I have always and always thought about those to distinct things combining into one, yet it always puzzled me that if such a combination were performed, would it truly be scary? Honestly, the horror genre today we all know of consists of scary life-like images of ghosts or suspense of some sort. Now, how could a cartoon, the thing that least looks like real life, actually be able to scare you?

Hah, you have no idea how long I've been waiting for an answer and the answer is this: Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. I am not too sure that many people know about this anime cause I sure as hell did, but never actually wanted to watch it until now when I re-watched the last episode of School Days. So now you're thinking, "Thats stupid, if you get scared of an anime then you must get scared at, like, every single horror movie that came out! Even White Noise! (For those who don't know, White Noise is the worst horror movie ever made IMO)" No, I do not get scared of every single horror movie that has come out. I actually believe that America's take on horror has diminished into nothing but gore and sex, however, I do believe some movies like this are indeed great, but most today are crap, Hostel for example. Now, as for horror anime, this has become a HUGE step to what I believe could be more horror based anime. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (Yeah, I know. Took me awhile to remember the name) is an extremely disturbing anime and not to mention one of the most confusing pieces of work I have ever seen in a storyline. Honestly, when you finish past the 4th episode, you're head would be in such a confused state about whats happening that you will probably get a headache and stuff; well atleast I did. So, now you're probably asking, "Sounds interesting the way you put it, but what makes this anime so scary?". Well now, its time for me to answer it. Its not, POP-UP scary. Its psychologically scary which, I believe, is completely awesome. You see, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni disguises itself as a comedy for a bit, but in its roots, it uses it's characters to their full extent to scare the living crap out of you. I don't want to say how they scare you because you will see what I mean when you watch it. I believe some people who BELIEVE they are hardcore horror fans would say crap like "This isn't scary! You're weak". No. I am not. You are just too ignorant to figure out why this thing is scary and besides, you are probably too absorbed into the what-is-called horror of today. If you are going to say something among these thus proves my point. All right, I believe that is enough talk. Check out Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni in the link below and then if you liked it and watched the whole thing, watch the second season, Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=C2985B929701253A

Here are my pros and cons.

Pros: One of the first horror animes I've seen; Extremely disturbing atmosphere that truly gives the anime a distinct feeling of how a cartoon can scare you; Bloody goodness that will satisfy even the most craved blood sucker; An extremely awkward and thought-provoking storyline that will, and I repeat, WILL get you confused and get enshrouded in a daze; Comedy is sometimes pretty good; Characters of the story may be awkward at times, but each of them have a complete backstory that make them completely interesting and distinct in their own way; Powerful use of background music and sounds that improve the atmosphere 10x; One of the first horror animes I've seen!!!!

Cons: Horror may not be your thing; Blood and lots of it, meaning if you get queasy, this is not for you unless you can hold it in; This anime is disturbing as HELL meaning it gets pretty sadistic; The story drags on at lots of parts of the story so it gets really boring at the beginning of the stories, the comedy sections in particular; Comedy is a hit and miss; Art style isn't too great and the animation isn't always that great as well.
Posted on: 2008/9/21 11:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...56789>