•  Topic options
Poster Thread
[News] New Single "Exodus '04"
Administrator
A/S/L
From www.Utada.com
Quote:
New Single!
Look out for the follow-up to UTADA's #1 Billboard Club Single with the new single, "Exodus '04." Hot new mixes are in the works and will hit the clubs and radio in early '05.

So it's just been announced that "Exodus '04" will be the next single from the album EXODUS, and its being planned for early 2005...
Undoubtedly IDJ has listened to the response from the fans from various polls, namely the one given to the 'Utada eTeam' members.

<hr>
...Now I was actually going to write a gripe about the future release of new singles before I heard this news...
I was going to write that after the lack of success for "Easy Breezy", and the obvious success for "Devil Inside"... that they should have either considered producing a quick music video for "Devil Inside"
or from the results of the fanscape eTeam polls which favor "Exodus '04", to produce a music video for it and release it as the next single ASAP --- BEFORE 2005 rolls around...
It wouldnt need to have actual CD singles pressed and ready for sale before the video and song was released for tv and radio play...
And a music video could easily be fasttracked and quickly and easily produced... they could have even asked around in the communities for help, there is plenty of film and visual FX talent that would have gladly worked for cheap or even free...
But the main point was having the the song debut while it was still '04.

Although I suppose that this can still definitely work...
After all the song is named "Exodus" ... It could insinuate the leaving of 2004 for 2005...
BUT success depends on how the music video is done ... and how early its released...
Like if the music video is done with a theme of a 'New Year'... tying it in with New Years and the begining of something new ... leaving the old behind (but not a video ABOUT new years eve... it would have already past, and would not be as appealing to people - altho NYE could be used to start the video as the intro)...
And also if the video/radio is released soon rather than later... as in on New Years day/eve itself or in early January, for it to have a good chance of success...
This is too good a song with too much potential to waste.

I guess ill end it here before i start going totally off topic into my thousands of ideas for a music video.

Twitter: @UtadaNet
Posted on: 2004/12/11 4:57
  •  No_Doubt
      No_Doubt
Re: [News] New Single "Exodus '04"
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Icky. "Exodus '04" is my least favourite song on the album! But that's okay, as I like all of the songs.
Posted on: 2004/12/16 5:19
Re: [News] New Single "Exodus '04"
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 16/M/IN
i own this single with 10 songs that are remixed and it's my favorite single of hers
Posted on: 2005/7/3 20:53
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic