<1...32333435363738...50>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Re: Manga Artists
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
I like the leg pic that lupey did. Especially the vein on the left leg.

Screwed up with the stupid mouth. Ignore the writing part.
Posted on: 2009/7/7 14:24
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Wow, nice pictures everybody! S0ySauce, is that from Saiyuki? I don't think you messed up on the mouth at all; it looks really cool. ^o^
Posted on: 2009/7/7 21:35
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
No but my manga style drawings are heavily influenced by Minekura since I admire her work very much. Hence the similarity. :]
Posted on: 2009/7/8 20:03
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
By any chance is that copic markers? XD and thanks everyone for their kind comments :33333 stupid summer school is taking over my life *cuddles watercolors*
Posted on: 2009/7/8 20:43
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/M/OH
I REALLY like horror manga. One of my favorite artists is Junji Ito, creator of "Uzumaki" and my FAVORITE series of all time "Tomie" Heres some of his lovely creepy artwork...

Posted on: 2009/7/8 22:20
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
By any chance is that copic markers? XD and thanks everyone for their kind comments :33333 stupid summer school is taking over my life *cuddles watercolors*

Yeah, I haven't used my copics for about a year and was afraid they'd dry out so decided to play with them.

Watercolor is cool but acrylic and oil ftw~~

@Projectatel: The only horror-ish manga I read was Pet Shop of Horror. Loved the story but that style of art gives me goosebumps.
Posted on: 2009/7/9 13:16
  •  Suroki
      Suroki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 30/F
Eek, I love Uzumaki!! Yeah, horror manga is the best kind XD. Another favorite of mine is MPD Psycho (if you haven't read this yet, you MUST!- best horror manga in existence. Soooooo twisted <3) And Franken Fran is great, too, but few have heard of it. It's on OneManga ^^.

To get back on topic... I'm still working on my Utada drawing, lol! Thinking about making it a wallpaper or something, too.
Posted on: 2009/7/9 19:02
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Suroki wrote:
Eek, I love Uzumaki!! Yeah, horror manga is the best kind XD. Another favorite of mine is MPD Psycho (if you haven't read this yet, you MUST!- best horror manga in existence. Soooooo twisted <3) And Franken Fran is great, too, but few have heard of it. It's on OneManga ^^.

To get back on topic... I'm still working on my Utada drawing, lol! Thinking about making it a wallpaper or something, too.

ah MPD Psycho nor a horror manga , its more gore than horror. Anyway i love their artwork.
And About Tomie i already watch all the movie but i prefer the first movie because all the sequel storyline bad

Cant wait to see your work XD

Yay this thread getting more lively
Posted on: 2009/7/10 2:28
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:

Yeah, I haven't used my copics for about a year and was afraid they'd dry out so decided to play with them.

Watercolor is cool but acrylic and oil ftw~~

@Projectatel: The only horror-ish manga I read was Pet Shop of Horror. Loved the story but that style of art gives me goosebumps.

Really acrylics and oils? XD i find it to different for me and it doesn't go with how i usually construct things together especially translucent layers but *shrugs* everyone is different :D

So Speaking of which this was done quite a while ago, but alas no camera to take a picture of it D:
So i scanned it in and try as best to get the colors right, aaaaand there are parts that i'm not happy with D: (about the scanning that is)grrrr stupid scanner killed my shadows ;A; But I had the urge to draw my OC Aoi in a light hearted mood. And in some ways it feels like blossoms around him *shrugs* but all in all i really like this and it feels delicate almost *stares at original copy* So hope you guys like it and yays something that ISN'T my bun bun id :D

(this was taken from my DA description)

Posted on: 2009/7/11 2:21
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
This is a fanart of Larva from Vampire princess Miyu :D another one i did a while ago and this is as close i can get to the original color from the scanner D: anyways its done in watercolors.
More description about this here => Description and details

Posted on: 2009/7/11 13:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...32333435363738...50>