Utada Net.com Forum Index
   Other Music
  The Indies thread!(Suprised we don't have one...)

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
The Indies thread!(Suprised we don't have one...)
guest_Unregistered
Spill your favorite "whointhef*ckisthat" J-music singer/band beans here.And I guess I'll start it off.

I nominate Spiral Chord and one we already covered,ミドリ(midori)!

Here is a Spiral Chord vid,It's a fan fave too.

BuRN uP TEH CELL
Posted on: 2008/4/13 18:01
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: The Indies thread!(Suprised we don't have one...)
guest_Unregistered
Woo! Indies thread and criminally obscure bands! =D Indie music is quite hard to find, and i'm not a daily Myspace browser so it makes it even harder to find. xD

Audio Safari: An indies band with shoegaze/experimental music. Their music is accompanied with twinkling synth and Mami's airy voice. Quality mellow music and pleasant to listen to. =D

Sharin
Awa ni Hibiku

Tokyo Pinsalocks: More experimental! ^^ It's a female trio from Tokyo who formed in 2000. Their music is like a fusion of 60s psychedelic rock, twinkling synth, and new wave. Their pieces have spacey qualities while being very catchy. xD They made their first American appearance in Anime Boston. [Which I missed. Why? ;_;]

Plutonium

I know a lot more Japanese indies bands. And wait till I get into the Korean indies scene. xD I'll type up more about other bands later.
Posted on: 2008/4/13 18:37
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Woo! Indies thread and criminally obscure bands! =D Indie music is quite hard to find, and i'm not a daily Myspace browser so it makes it even harder to find. xD

Audio Safari: An indies band with shoegaze/experimental music. Their music is accompanied with twinkling synth and Mami's airy voice. Quality mellow music and pleasant to listen to. =D

Sharin
Awa ni Hibiku

Tokyo Pinsalocks: More experimental! ^^ It's a female trio from Tokyo who formed in 2000. Their music is like a fusion of 60s psychedelic rock, twinkling synth, and new wave. Their pieces have spacey qualities while being very catchy. xD They made their first American appearance in Anime Boston. [Which I missed. Why? ;_;]

Plutonium

I know a lot more Japanese indies bands. And wait till I get into the Korean indies scene. xD I'll type up more about other bands later.

Well here The Japanese Music room <----You gottta get a membership for the boards but they have TONS of indies stuff.Read the rules before you upload something though,and MUSIC POSTS is the dl area.
Posted on: 2008/4/13 19:07
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

The_Pirate_King_Atomsk wrote:
Well here The Japanese Music room <----You gottta get a membership for the boards but they have TONS of indies stuff.Read the rules before you upload something though,and MUSIC POSTS is the dl area.

Eeeee~! Thank you so much! xD
Posted on: 2008/4/13 19:14
Re: The Indies thread!(Suprised we dont have one...)
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 16/M/Maryland, US
Yayyy~

My favorite indie band of all time is the band apart. They just released a new album a couple of weeks ago, and I think its awesome. It's called adze of penguin. One of their best albums to date, imho.

Another I who I love a lot is tsubakiya shijuusou [Tsubakiya Quartette]. They recently signed onto a major label and released a best album a few months back. I love all of their indie stuff so much, though

Other bands I love:

OGRE YOU (censored) [lol funny name]
SPARTA LOCALS
Straightener
WRONG SCALE
9mm Parabellum Bullet
8otto
DOPING PANDA
Base Ball Bear
ART-SCHOOL
Starboard
Syrup16g

~ love like never beforeee
Posted on: 2008/6/1 11:17
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
lol, the only indie singer that i like is KT Tunstall
Posted on: 2008/6/1 13:50
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
no idea what you are talking about...
Posted on: 2008/6/5 19:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
no idea what you are talking about...

Intentional.

And new Toddle single coming soon I hear...I'm hyped for it!
Posted on: 2008/7/10 8:19
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic