<1234>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Lily
      Lily
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L
You do know that there's a thread already for Ayumi, right?

Well I guess you can't pick old threads, but anywho I do like Ayumi. I consider her the queen of Jpop ballads. Of course I like Utada better, but Ayumi's a different style. They are friends btw. Both are pretty too, Hikki even said it herself hehe. So in all, yeah I like Ayumi because she's my second favorite Jpop female singer.
Posted on: 2008/4/23 9:13
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Lily wrote:
You do know that there's a thread already for Ayumi, right?

Well I guess you can't pick old threads, but anywho I do like Ayumi. I consider her the queen of Jpop ballads. Of course I like Utada better, but Ayumi's a different style. They are friends btw. Both are pretty too, Hikki even said it herself hehe. So in all, yeah I like Ayumi because she's my second favorite Jpop female singer.

I don't fathom comparing them because of the different approaches.Ayumi has deep her hands in a lot of pots and add her own ingredients while Utada looks through the gourmet and brings her own crackers for testing,then recreates the dish.
Posted on: 2008/4/24 6:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
i like her song entitled.. "to be" her voice is very young at that song....
Posted on: 2008/4/24 12:16
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I love Ayu. ^^ She is very dedicated to her work and I enjoy listening to her material. She has nine albums, 44 singles [I think.], a mini-album, two compilations, and dozens of remix albums. [I can't keep up...xD] But after I watched the CNN International interview a while ago, I gained more respect for Ayu. Even if though she no longer has the ability to hear in one ear, she still intends to release music. Her lyrics are very touching and deep. =D Even though she isn't really considered a vocal powerhouse, I like her attitude and music.

If you want to listen to some awesome Ayu material, try out albums like LOVEppears, I am...,GUILTY, RAINBOW...just try out all nine albums. But (miss)understood and My Story was a bit of a letdown compared to her other albums. I wasn't really into Ayu until M. Then I start to listen to her more after listening to her ballads compilation. The first track, Rainbow, is among my favorite Ayu songs. It's has a beautiful, soothing introduction and the song starts to slowly build up to a powerful ending.

But Ayumi has countless of awesome songs. =D I don't feel like listing them at this moment...xD I'll list them later. And I'll find that interview as well.
Posted on: 2008/4/24 16:06
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
I like Hikaru better,but Yeah,She is cool,Although I am not a fan of her voice,she brings some really good music...I like Trauma,Glitter,Evolution,M,and that's pretty much it...I also, like Taiyou didn't start listening to her after M,cause I really like that song,but I have to say I like her old stuff better than her new stuff,I mean you can say she still gots it,but personally I feel she lost it,by this I mean her ballads are not the same,I truly thought Fated didn't appeal to me or probably to anyone,Yes the Mv was sad,but the music was not really at it's best,lyrics were average,I'm not saying I can do better,but Hey! I'm not an artist..

The problem with Ayumi's music for me is that there is not much Variety,I mean it's all the same Pop,Punk/Rock,Techno,Euro Pop,ballad,which then leads into her album,I wish she would experiment more.

I do feel sorry for what happened to her right ear,but I do wish True Ayumi fans would not talk about it like it's the end of the world(than again I probably would if it happened to Hikaru),but it's just that they got to understand there have always been artist who have been blind or deth and still perform,If anything I thinks it's made her a stronger person,like before,and I have to disagree with you Taiyou when I saw her CNN Asia interview,I was a pretty disappointed the whole thing looked as if it was set up,and as if her team was telling her what to same,cause at time her answers had already seemed staged.Other than that she is a really great and strong Entertainer.
Posted on: 2008/4/24 16:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
I like Hikaru better,but Yeah,She is cool,Although I am not a fan of her voice,she brings some really good music...I like Trauma,Glitter,Evolution,M,and that's pretty much it...I also, like Taiyou didn't start listening to her after M,cause I really like that song,but I have to say I like her old stuff better than her new stuff,I mean you can say she still gots it,but personally I feel she lost it,by this I mean her ballads are not the same,I truly thought Fated didn't appeal to me or probably to anyone,Yes the Mv was sad,but the music was not really at it's best,lyrics were average,I'm not saying I can do better,but Hey! I'm not an artist..

The problem with Ayumi's music for me is that there is not much Variety,I mean it's all the same Pop,Punk/Rock,Techno,Euro Pop,ballad,which then leads into her album,I wish she would experiment more.

I do feel sorry for what happened to her right ear,but I do wish True Ayumi fans would not talk about it like it's the end of the world(than again I probably would if it happened to Hikaru),but it's just that they got to understand there have always been artist who have been blind or deth and still perform,If anything I thinks it's made her a stronger person,like before,and I have to disagree with you Taiyou when I saw her CNN Asia interview,I was a pretty disappointed the whole thing looked as if it was set up,and as if her team was telling her what to same,cause at time her answers had already seemed staged.Other than that she is a really great and strong Entertainer.

Fated didn't really appeal to me at first. But I after several more listens, I started to really enjoy it. It's a beautiful rock ballad. Sure, it has a slight generic sound but gorgeous nonetheless. It was better than glitter, but glitter was pretty cool. It has a weird bridge, but very catchy and perfect for the summer.

When did she lost the magic with her ballads? Her latest ballads like Together When... is one of her most gorgeous ballads. I loved GUILTY, even though there was a bit more variety in Secret. But GUILTY kicks butt and is better in the structure department, Secret was slightly sloppy. But I could understand why, it was originally suppose to be an mini-album. But avex pushed her into making it into an album instead.
You can tell Ayu is a humble person, even outside of that interview. And her fast paced, euro influenced music was more dominant during Loveppears [1999] album and I am...[2002].
Posted on: 2008/4/24 19:40
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
I like Ayumi Hamasaki but I like Utada's voice better.

Posted on: 2008/4/25 20:35
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Ayumi is my second favorite J-Pop artist too! I found out about her not long after I found out about Hikki. Her dance songs got me hooked! I like her ballads too but I think Hikki does ballads much better.
These are the songs I like:
Trauma (I like the Thunderpuss remix better)
Still Alone
STEP you
You (The Agressive mix particularly)
Voyage
Evolution
Fly High
Forgiveness (This song makes me cry)
Unite
Naturally and
Depend on You

Though I wish people (not anyone in this board) would stop suggesting that she or Gackt or Hikki had plastic surgery.I think they're music should matter the most because they're very talented and put they're all into their music.
Posted on: 2008/7/9 13:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:

Fated didn't really appeal to me at first. But I after several more listens, I started to really enjoy it. It's a beautiful rock ballad. Sure, it has a slight generic sound but gorgeous nonetheless. It was better than glitter, but glitter was pretty cool. It has a weird bridge, but very catchy and perfect for the summer.

When did she lost the magic with her ballads? Her latest ballads like Together When... is one of her most gorgeous ballads. I loved GUILTY, even though there was a bit more variety in Secret. But GUILTY kicks butt and is better in the structure department, Secret was slightly sloppy. But I could understand why, it was originally suppose to be an mini-album. But avex pushed her into making it into an album instead.
You can tell Ayu is a humble person, even outside of that interview. And her fast paced, euro influenced music was more dominant during Loveppears [1999] album and I am...[2002].

Yeah Glitter>>>>>>Fated.I love the "I am..." album.Connected seemed so clever to me.But I think my favorite album is (miss) understood.Step 2,Alterna,Rainy day and Bold&Delicious are my favorites off of that."Duty" ablum is a close second."Surreal" and "The end of the world" are my favs...I orignally feel in love with the Orcestral versions of them both from the a-yu-M-ix 3 album.I'm really am starting to apreciate her more after seeing concerts.Like the 2005 one where she forgot the words on Truama(again XD) and song ad libbed the whole verse in rythym.It shows a strong sense of character in her work.
Posted on: 2008/7/10 8:16
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Of what I've heard from Ayumi I like her, and her music. I think she's kinda like Utada; she can do most kind of songs without failing. Maybe a ballad, maybe something with more rock, or something pop... Even though she's like Hikkis biggest "rival" I can't help but like her, somehow. Though, at first I didn't like her voice at all but now I think it's cool and very unique. ^^
Posted on: 2008/7/10 8:40
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>