Re: Ayumi Hamasaki
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

The_Pirate_King_Atomsk wrote:
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
I like Hikaru better,but Yeah,She is cool,Although I am not a fan of her voice,she brings some really good music...I like Trauma,Glitter,Evolution,M,and that's pretty much it...I also, like Taiyou didn't start listening to her after M,cause I really like that song,but I have to say I like her old stuff better than her new stuff,I mean you can say she still gots it,but personally I feel she lost it,by this I mean her ballads are not the same,I truly thought Fated didn't appeal to me or probably to anyone,Yes the Mv was sad,but the music was not really at it's best,lyrics were average,I'm not saying I can do better,but Hey! I'm not an artist..

The problem with Ayumi's music for me is that there is not much Variety,I mean it's all the same Pop,Punk/Rock,Techno,Euro Pop,ballad,which then leads into her album,I wish she would experiment more.

I do feel sorry for what happened to her right ear,but I do wish True Ayumi fans would not talk about it like it's the end of the world(than again I probably would if it happened to Hikaru),but it's just that they got to understand there have always been artist who have been blind or deth and still perform,If anything I thinks it's made her a stronger person,like before,and I have to disagree with you Taiyou when I saw her CNN Asia interview,I was a pretty disappointed the whole thing looked as if it was set up,and as if her team was telling her what to same,cause at time her answers had already seemed staged.Other than that she is a really great and strong Entertainer.

Fated didn't really appeal to me at first. But I after several more listens, I started to really enjoy it. It's a beautiful rock ballad. Sure, it has a slight generic sound but gorgeous nonetheless. It was better than glitter, but glitter was pretty cool. It has a weird bridge, but very catchy and perfect for the summer.

When did she lost the magic with her ballads? Her latest ballads like Together When... is one of her most gorgeous ballads. I loved GUILTY, even though there was a bit more variety in Secret. But GUILTY kicks butt and is better in the structure department, Secret was slightly sloppy. But I could understand why, it was originally suppose to be an mini-album. But avex pushed her into making it into an album instead.
You can tell Ayu is a humble person, even outside of that interview. And her fast paced, euro influenced music was more dominant during Loveppears [1999] album and I am...[2002].

Yeah Glitter>>>>>>Fated.I love the "I am..." album.Connected seemed so clever to me.But I think my favorite album is (miss) understood.Step 2,Alterna,Rainy day and Bold&Delicious are my favorites off of that."Duty" ablum is a close second."Surreal" and "The end of the world" are my favs...I orignally feel in love with the Orcestral versions of them both from the a-yu-M-ix 3 album.I'm really am starting to apreciate her more after seeing concerts.Like the 2005 one where she forgot the words on Truama(again XD) and song ad libbed the whole verse in rythym.It shows a strong sense of character in her work.

'La la la la la la lalala~' That was so cute. xD As for my favorite album...i'm not really sure. I'm slowly getting addicted to Loveppears again. I love 'Fly High', that song kicks butt. xD It makes you feel like you're...soaring. xD But even though it's one of her most successful album, it's pretty...underrated? I don't know, I just don't see a lot of people mentioning songs like 'Boys & Girls' or 'kanariya' when talking about Ayu [Excluding 'Who...']. It's mostly songs during and after her 'I am...' era that are mentioned more.
Posted on: 2008/7/10 9:11
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
I like Hikaru better,but Yeah,She is cool,Although I am not a fan of her voice,she brings some really good music...I like Trauma,Glitter,Evolution,M,and that's pretty much it...I also, like Taiyou didn't start listening to her after M,cause I really like that song,but I have to say I like her old stuff better than her new stuff,I mean you can say she still gots it,but personally I feel she lost it,by this I mean her ballads are not the same,I truly thought Fated didn't appeal to me or probably to anyone,Yes the Mv was sad,but the music was not really at it's best,lyrics were average,I'm not saying I can do better,but Hey! I'm not an artist..

The problem with Ayumi's music for me is that there is not much Variety,I mean it's all the same Pop,Punk/Rock,Techno,Euro Pop,ballad,which then leads into her album,I wish she would experiment more.

I do feel sorry for what happened to her right ear,but I do wish True Ayumi fans would not talk about it like it's the end of the world(than again I probably would if it happened to Hikaru),but it's just that they got to understand there have always been artist who have been blind or deth and still perform,If anything I thinks it's made her a stronger person,like before,and I have to disagree with you Taiyou when I saw her CNN Asia interview,I was a pretty disappointed the whole thing looked as if it was set up,and as if her team was telling her what to same,cause at time her answers had already seemed staged.Other than that she is a really great and strong Entertainer.

Fated didn't really appeal to me at first. But I after several more listens, I started to really enjoy it. It's a beautiful rock ballad. Sure, it has a slight generic sound but gorgeous nonetheless. It was better than glitter, but glitter was pretty cool. It has a weird bridge, but very catchy and perfect for the summer.

When did she lost the magic with her ballads? Her latest ballads like Together When... is one of her most gorgeous ballads. I loved GUILTY, even though there was a bit more variety in Secret. But GUILTY kicks butt and is better in the structure department, Secret was slightly sloppy. But I could understand why, it was originally suppose to be an mini-album. But avex pushed her into making it into an album instead.
You can tell Ayu is a humble person, even outside of that interview. And her fast paced, euro influenced music was more dominant during Loveppears [1999] album and I am...[2002].

Yeah Glitter>>>>>>Fated.I love the "I am..." album.Connected seemed so clever to me.But I think my favorite album is (miss) understood.Step 2,Alterna,Rainy day and Bold&Delicious are my favorites off of that."Duty" ablum is a close second."Surreal" and "The end of the world" are my favs...I orignally feel in love with the Orcestral versions of them both from the a-yu-M-ix 3 album.I'm really am starting to apreciate her more after seeing concerts.Like the 2005 one where she forgot the words on Truama(again XD) and song ad libbed the whole verse in rythym.It shows a strong sense of character in her work.

'La la la la la la lalala~' That was so cute. xD As for my favorite album...i'm not really sure. I'm slowly getting addicted to Loveppears again. I love 'Fly High', that song kicks butt. xD It makes you feel like you're...soaring. xD But even though it's one of her most successful album, it's pretty...underrated? I don't know, I just don't see a lot of people mentioning songs like 'Boys & Girls' or 'kanariya' when talking about Ayu [Excluding 'Who...']. It's mostly songs during and after her 'I am...' era that are mentioned more.

That's do to Evolution being one of the .(dot)hacj/sign CM themes.And My Story was seemingly quickly forgotten...Memorial Address and My story were GOOD.So overlooked...they sold great none the less :/ but hardly talked about afterward.I think because My story had the least amount of singles for it.She started cutting back a lot with the singles since '05.
Posted on: 2008/7/10 9:37
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
I don't remember hearing My Story maybe I should go listen to that one. I loved Boys and Girls and Memorial address I completely forgot about those two! Ayu's voice is an acquired taste I guess. She can sound kinda annoying sometimes but to me her singing voice is kinda cute!
Posted on: 2008/7/10 11:07
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Taiyou wrote:
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:

That's do to Evolution being one of the .(dot)hacj/sign CM themes.And My Story was seemingly quickly forgotten...Memorial Address and My story were GOOD.So overlooked...they sold great none the less :/ but hardly talked about afterward.I think because My story had the least amount of singles for it.She started cutting back a lot with the singles since '05.

I kinda forgot about My Story. o_o It was a good album nevertheless. xD That's another album that isn't mentioned much. And Memorial Address is such an beautiful mini-album, another underrated piece of work.

Though, I wish she'll release another orchestrated compilation album. The last one she released was 'My Story Classical'. x_x About three years ago?
Posted on: 2008/7/10 11:30
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
@ Taiyou...I don't know,her ballads don't appeal to me like they use to,it's all the same with her,Ayumi needs to experiment,but anyways,I don't mean this to every Ayu fan(Cause I do kow some Nice Ayu fans),and I understand there are some fans from Hikaru's side just the same,but I don't like when they Ayu fans think Ayumi is all high and mighty,and making her out to be the Queen of the universe,I mean there might be some who do that for Hikaru,and I apologize,but for Hikaru there are things to back it up,on Ayumi's side,it's all magazines,and media... Sorry I just needed to get that out of my system! ahahaah
Posted on: 2008/7/11 15:50
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
@ Taiyou...I don't know,her ballads don't appeal to me like they use to,it's all the same with her,Ayumi needs to experiment,but anyways,I don't mean this to every Ayu fan(Cause I do kow some Nice Ayu fans),and I understand there are some fans from Hikaru's side just the same,but I don't like when they Ayu fans think Ayumi is all high and mighty,and making her out to be the Queen of the universe,I mean there might be some who do that for Hikaru,and I apologize,but for Hikaru there are things to back it up,on Ayumi's side,it's all magazines,and media... Sorry I just needed to get that out of my system! ahahaah

The whole 'Queen of J-pop' thing...xD She is called that because of her popularity and such. And about the mass media thing, she is an 'idol'. [I'm not too fond of that word...xD But hey, she is considered one.] But why care about her idol status or fame? Like we all love Hikki because of many things, right? [Excluding her looks. ^-^;] Not because she had released the best-selling album in Japan and one of Japan's biggest pop artist. Because we enjoy Hikki's music and herself as a person. Majority of us discovered Hikki without even knowing what she looked like or about her successful career at first. We just enjoyed listening to 'Simple and Clean' and perhaps the lyrics as well. [I'm struggling to make some sense. o_o;] Like when around the time Ayu was starting out, she wrote lyrics related to 'loneliness and confusion'. A lot of people can relate to that, especially younger generations.

Ayu may be a 'product', she even admits it herself. But I don't care for Ayu the idol. Just Ayu the musician, lyricist, and the person. And I don't enjoy everything Ayu had released, so she isn't perfect or all high and mighty. Nor do I enjoy everything Hikki has released. Neither of them are perfect or the ultimate Queen of J-pop, J-pop Empress, or whatever other ridiculous title because of sales and reputation. ^^;

Did this make sense? ._.
Posted on: 2008/7/11 19:56
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
Yes,except 1 thing...The thing related to her as being the so called ''Empress of J-pop'' is a fake name,I've lived in Japan,nobody there refers to her as that, the only ones that call her that are her fans and the media...and for me Hikki is my idol,I actually thought she was really pretty,and I love her style of clothes. Oh! and unlike the majority,I knew her before the Kingdom Hearts era. Also,like you said in the beginning Ayumi wrote lyrics of loneliness and confusion,well I think I mean a lot of people could relate before,I mean there were other artists such as Ozaki Yutaka,and he was just beautiful(Of course since his lyrics were great and just somewhat like Ayumi's,but more feel to them)My point is she lost whatever she had at that time,hence declined sales(Also,don't result to saying it's cause of illegal downloading,well that's part of it,but she has pretty much only gotten by selling out Single sales,Oh!,one more thing,I have nothing against Ayumi,I think she is awesome,but her fans I think otherwise,no offense like I said not all of them just some of them(Same with some Hikki fans too)...

....For an example of King/Queen of Blank being a fake name is what time magazine did to Ayumi,they called her the Queen of pop,no not of J-pop,but of pop,and the vast majority people know that that's Madonna,so you see my point,they might as well give that name to Britney Spears,since she has sold more than Ayumi,I mean all of these are great performers(Sorry I'm just not one to call those who perform musicians,probably entertainers)Anyways yeah, I'm just pointing out that I don't like how some Ayu fans(The ones that hate Hikki)only seem to think they win the discussion once they say ''Oh! Yeah,well Ayumi is the ''Empress of Blank''.

Other than that I hope you see my point and it's really helpful to see another person's point of view.

Edit: I never claim Hikki is Empress of Blank,since I don't believe the media's lies,and I actually wouldn't want her to be claimed as such,She is doing SUPER FINE without using a title as such.
Posted on: 2008/7/11 21:22
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
Yes,except 1 thing...The thing related to her as being the so called ''Empress of J-pop'' is a fake name,I've lived in Japan,nobody there refers to her as that, the only ones that call her that are her fans and the media...and for me Hikki is my idol,I actually thought she was really pretty,and I love her style of clothes. Oh! and unlike the majority,I knew her before the Kingdom Hearts era. Also,like you said in the beginning Ayumi wrote lyrics of loneliness and confusion,well I think I mean a lot of people could relate before,I mean there were other artists such as Ozaki Yutaka,and he was just beautiful(Of course since his lyrics were great and just somewhat like Ayumi's,but more feel to them)My point is she lost whatever she had at that time,hence declined sales(Also,don't result to saying it's cause of illegal downloading,well that's part of it,but she has pretty much only gotten by selling out Single sales,Oh!,one more thing,I have nothing against Ayumi,I think she is awesome,but her fans I think otherwise,no offense like I said not all of them just some of them(Same with some Hikki fans too)...

....For an example of King/Queen of Blank being a fake name is what time magazine did to Ayumi,they called her the Queen of pop,no not of J-pop,but of pop,and the vast majority people know that that's Madonna,so you see my point,they might as well give that name to Britney Spears,since she has sold more than Ayumi,I mean all of these are great performers(Sorry I'm just not one to call those who perform musicians,probably entertainers)Anyways yeah, I'm just pointing out that I don't like how some Ayu fans(The ones that hate Hikki)only seem to think they win the discussion once they say ''Oh! Yeah,well Ayumi is the ''Empress of Blank''.

Other than that I hope you see my point and it's really helpful to see another person's point of view.

Edit: I never claim Hikki is Empress of Blank,since I don't believe the media's lies,and I actually wouldn't want her to be claimed as such,She is doing SUPER FINE without using a title as such.

I love Ozaki Yutaka! =D It's a shame that he died.

Yeah, I seen a lot of Ayu fans like that. xD But I don't see why would they 'hate' Hikki. Again, probably it's about the whole sales and popularity thing. And the 'rivalry' thing too. That could've been used to benefit sales. And physical cd sales have been declining in Japan in general. But forgot the sales and enjoy the music. >_< I have nothing more to say about this. xD
Posted on: 2008/7/12 9:56
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:

Titles aren't much to dwell on....It's not a lie...it's an opinion.And how don't you think Ayumi isn't experimental?I guess because I've heard more of her work I can greatly disagree.Unless you find the dabbling in trip-dance uninteresting.The choir inserts,vocal placing as instrumentals,orchestral allurement into heavy rock and back...don't know how to explain that one exactly but it works excellent for her.You seem to be getting frustrated at the fact that Ayu is highlighted over others....but that doesn't make anyone right or wrong in the situation :/ she's simply publicized more.You are taking judgement on her my hearsay and not about your experiences of her music.Something is naturally gonna disappoint if you expect the world from it.
Posted on: 2008/7/12 11:18
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
Ayumi is not experimental,listen this is her genre Pop,Punk/Rock,Techno,Euro Pop,ballad,which leads up into her album...So,she really never produces anything new,she sings in the beginning,and towards the middle their is always a solo for the guitarist(except in ballads),and I'm not getting frustrated,what I said was true(Well at least in my opinion =P lol)Again,that paragraph was just to talk more about Ayumi fans that have got on my nerves,other than that I'm good,and I don't dwell on the fact that Ayumi get's as you said highlighted over others,I couldn't care less....
Posted on: 2008/7/12 11:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>