<1234
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Re: Ayumi Hamasaki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Hikki and Ayumi have their own thing going on when it comes to experimenting with and making music but all I know is their music makes me happy! What about the rest of you? Does just listening to their music make you happy?
Posted on: 2008/7/12 18:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
Ayumi is not experimental,listen this is her genre Pop,Punk/Rock,Techno,Euro Pop,ballad,which leads up into her album...So,she really never produces anything new,she sings in the beginning,and towards the middle their is always a solo for the guitarist(except in ballads),and I'm not getting frustrated,what I said was true(Well at least in my opinion =P lol)Again,that paragraph was just to talk more about Ayumi fans that have got on my nerves,other than that I'm good,and I don't dwell on the fact that Ayumi get's as you said highlighted over others,I couldn't care less...Quote:

I'm sorry but I think we see experimental in a different light :/ and the Euro pop arrangements just her writing to it.She hardly ever "fully" composes those.-_- the guitarist thing shouldn't even be a root for criticism,It used by many artists.But I can tell from this,you didn't touch the My story album too...she re-worked her angle so much.Utada just ad-libs in her instrumental breaks....or puts them at the end of the song for more conclusion like in Parody and even Passion.I'd rather you just say "I can't enjoy Ayumi at any cause,screw her".
Posted on: 2008/7/13 8:41
  •  sakurablooms13
      sakurablooms13
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 19/female
I don't want to start anything,but where are you getting,that I should just say screw Ayumi and that I don't enjoy her. I have stated I like Ayumi,the thing that I don't like is her publicity,and her die-hard fans that hate Hikaru,and vice-versa. You seem to be interpreting everything I say into a bad way...

Also, Hikaru is very experimental,so I'm not sure why you are criticizing her ad-libbing or either I'm reading too much into what you wrote as you did to what I wrote.

Oh! and the thing with the guitarist solo,please tell me who else does that,as far as I know,it's only Ayumi....I mean of course rock bands do it,but the main thing about rock is the beat,not the lyrics. I mean listening to a rock band you should expect that,but for someone like Ayumi,it get's pretty old.Anyways, again like I said I couldn't care less what you think...this is my opinion over the matter...I just believe she is not that experimental...
Posted on: 2008/7/13 17:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

sakurablooms13 wrote:
I don't want to start anything,but where are you getting,that I should just say screw Ayumi and that I don't enjoy her. I have stated I like Ayumi,the thing that I don't like is her publicity,and her die-hard fans that hate Hikaru,and vice-versa. You seem to be interpreting everything I say into a bad way...

Also, Hikaru is very experimental,so I'm not sure why you are criticizing her ad-libbing or either I'm reading too much into what you wrote as you did to what I wrote.

Oh! and the thing with the guitarist solo,please tell me who else does that,as far as I know,it's only Ayumi....I mean of course rock bands do it,but the main thing about rock is the beat,not the lyrics. I mean listening to a rock band you should expect that,but for someone like Ayumi,it get's pretty old.Anyways, again like I said I couldn't care less what you think...this is my opinion over the matter...I just believe she is not that experimental...

But you make it seem as so you don't like her by labeling her as un-experimental.And yes you read into the ad-libbing too much,I love that stuff like on the fade out at the end of Traveling I turn up really loud to hear the "Don't stop!(Ohwo-oh!)Can you take me up!...".And your problem is strictly with the fanbase if that's the case.I'm a Ayumi fan but as I stated before:

1.Utada Hikaru,Shiina Ringo
-
-
3.Ayumi Hamasaki

And there a lot of ppl of that 2 bracket.And I listen for lyrics in Rock :/. Fuel and L'arc~en~ciel but some nice quims in their writing.
Posted on: 2008/7/16 10:45
  •  dumdumdilly
      dumdumdilly
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 17,F,SG
sorry if it's a bit late but have you guys seen this interview she's done?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqWBPX0IRBM

after watching it, somehow i respect her alot more :x ( though i don't listen to her music at all) and for some weird reason, made me dislike kumi koda alot more...no offense.

HALLELUJAH CHANCE! :D
Posted on: 2009/3/16 8:12
  •  ssigman
      ssigman
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L
I love Ayumi, possibly more than Hikki. The thing about Ayumi is she made it on her own. Yes, she's a factory pop girl, but she made herself that way. She does her own image and writes her own lyrics, and when you read those lyrics they are so pure and true, which is a lot more than I can say for Hikki's latest album. Did anyone else think she is selling out, or are we all mindless Hikki fans here? All she did was talk about sex, really.
But anyway, back to Ayumi, she may seem like a big media image girl to you, but that's WHO SHE IS. And she won't change who she is for anyone, and I respect that very much. Her songs are catchy and fun to listen to, and they just stay the same. Some complain that she doesn't have variety, but I don't think she needs it. She makes music she would like, she doesn't bother trying to come up with something "different" to sell out. Her music is always sold out anyways, and so why should she change it?
Ayumi seems like a really deep person to me, underneath everything she puts out.
I also repsect that she knows she has to act a certain way. She has stated before that she realizes she is a product, and keeps her personal life out of her work, for the most part. Kudos to her. It must be tough to be her, to not even be able to go out anymore and things like that.
Posted on: 2009/3/16 9:07
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Utada rox
Ayumi just... not really for me
the only song that actually catches my attention is Trauma
thats it
Posted on: 2009/4/3 17:13
  •  hikaruomega
      hikaruomega
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/Still Here
Utada rox
Ayumi just... not really for me
the only song that actually catches my attention is Trauma
thats it
Posted on: 2009/4/3 17:13
  •  quincye93
      quincye93
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Sorry I really don't like Ayumi. Her wobbly faked vibrato is very annoying.
Posted on: 2009/4/15 11:05
  •  itana1
      itana1
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Male
Quote:

ssigman wrote:
I love Ayumi, possibly more than Hikki. The thing about Ayumi is she made it on her own. Yes, she's a factory pop girl, but she made herself that way. She does her own image and writes her own lyrics, and when you read those lyrics they are so pure and true, which is a lot more than I can say for Hikki's latest album. Did anyone else think she is selling out, or are we all mindless Hikki fans here? All she did was talk about sex, really.
But anyway, back to Ayumi, she may seem like a big media image girl to you, but that's WHO SHE IS. And she won't change who she is for anyone, and I respect that very much. Her songs are catchy and fun to listen to, and they just stay the same. Some complain that she doesn't have variety, but I don't think she needs it. She makes music she would like, she doesn't bother trying to come up with something "different" to sell out. Her music is always sold out anyways, and so why should she change it?
Ayumi seems like a really deep person to me, underneath everything she puts out.
I also repsect that she knows she has to act a certain way. She has stated before that she realizes she is a product, and keeps her personal life out of her work, for the most part. Kudos to her. It must be tough to be her, to not even be able to go out anymore and things like that.

well i wouldnt really say it's a sell out nor it's just about sex.I can still feel the 'who she is'in this new album and its not all about sex if you listen to what she's trying to say. For example, if you look at merry christmas mr lawerence it self, i have found/seen 3 different ways to interpret the meaning of the song.(possibly more than 3) and i havent seen many artists that could do that. and about ayumi, well all i can say is that she isnt really my type... i guess its her voice, something in it bugs me as if there is an insect projecting with her voice whenver she sings.

"Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return." Loveless
Posted on: 2009/4/15 13:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234