1234...15>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  lumad
      lumad
Global Warming Thread
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
Well so much talk is really being done about this topic.
i just want to know what are your reactions about Global Warming.

Some scientist believe that the earth is heating up so fast that we are slowly moving towards the destruction of our home planet due to climate change. But others are more conservative about their prediction and are saying that the earth is not that hot but still in its normal state.

Regardless of which side is true, i can really feel that our world is really changing for the worst, take for example the melting of blue ice in the north pole, if this will go on, our earth will be imbalance which will cause sever climate changes. i think we must urge our government to take action now. the future generation might be the ones that will suffer due to our lack of awareness and action.
Posted on: 2008/5/3 19:11
Re: Global Warming Thread
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
I have watched signos at GMA7. And the whole thing freaks me out. And I might say that the predictions for the end of the world isn't impossible if people continue doing such unecessary things to our Mother Earth.

The burning of the woods in Africa(?) forgot if it's Africa .. is really a serious matter .. have you watched signos in GMA? it was showed there that the woods are burnt by just the heat of the sun .. It really opened my eyes for alertness of this issue.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/5/3 19:21
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
i forgot about it. really i was so sad that i didn't watch it! but i've seen other reports regarding Global Warming. its really alarming! I remember Hurricane Katrina is also cause by global warming, and so thus flash floods around the world. even in our home country! damn its so hot here in the Philippines!!
Posted on: 2008/5/3 19:29
this is very alarming .. all I could to contribute is to less the use of electricity. At home we off the lights and tv in the morning .. we only use the tv for about 4hrs .. it's the maximum ..

EDIT: gah .. I can really feel the effect of global warming here in Phil .. come to think of it, we are an agriculture country and yet, we're experiencing rice shortage .. we're one of the top sellers of rice around the world .. but now, filipinos are complaining for this matter .. gah .. it's so tough ..

Posted on: 2008/5/3 19:44
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
And to counter global warming, companies are using palm oil, or corn or soy (not sure)for clean fuel. and to plant them they need land which means less trees to absorb Co2
Posted on: 2008/5/3 20:13
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
yea..the world is seriously in big trouble...all the carbon monoxide and stuff..is disastrous to our ozone layer...there isnt much left of it now...and the ice thats melting in the north pole when its not supposed to...sucks hardcore...heard like the avg. sea level rose about 3 inches in the past year i believe if i heard right...thats trouble...its shocking that people know about these news and still stand still and let it happen...they say they care so much about this issue...but afterwards..they dont do anything that conserves energy or use less harmful gases...people say they care...but do they really?
Posted on: 2008/5/3 21:41
If the melting of the snow in north pole increases, countries might drown and be totally erased in the world map. this is really a serious matter. I don't see that most ppl care about this, many ppl still do not care about this. they are aware but they're not making any move. I bet this is our karma .. God is being upset from what we are doing.

Posted on: 2008/5/3 22:24
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
OMG I really don't like how pigheaded and ignorant certain people are to this topic. I mean, seriously it doesn't take much to see that things aren't the way its use to, from floods in places that shouldn't have it to extrememly hot weather, dryness etc etc. Its like already pounding us with a hammer and people still don't get it.... but yes, i agree with all of you guys. Also, just by limiting what we usually do, it does help, though little by little, it will soon turn into a big improvement IF everyone helps. But thats nigh almost impossible since you can't for sure get 100% of everyone to cooperate > . <"
Watch too many documentaries and read too many articles on this stuff, etc. Oy @ _ @
Posted on: 2008/5/4 2:19
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
umm.. i think its exxagerated.. just my opinion....
Posted on: 2008/5/4 2:43
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Ditto.

The problem is that global warming is being used to scare people into supporting a specific political agenda. There are factors other than CO2 emissions that cause climate change, but you don't hear about them for a variety of political reasons. Why should this be a partisan issue? There can only be one truth about global warming. There's so much fear mongering and rhetoric being thrown around, your guess is as good as mine as to what that truth actually is.

I'm not going to try to scare you guys into thinking global warming is a hoax. It probably isn't. It's probably an incredibly complicated atmospheric phenomenon caused by multiple factors. Just think about the motives of the people you get your information from, and don't buy the party line on everything.

Politicians always try to gloss over facts that don't support their agenda, it seems like a lot of people are forgetting that. Just read this.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080303175301.aspx
Posted on: 2008/5/4 10:14
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
1234...15>