<1...12131415
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: Global Warming Thread
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
The Kyoto Protocol may not even be an effective solution. Again, cutting down on polution is great, but it may not be having an effect on global warming.

I don't like the idea of the Kyoto Protocol, personally. Apparently the UN's idea of "market based" is a CO2 allowance system that would probably result in federal taxes on companies, or even individuals, on their CO2 emissions. I don't want to live in a world where government has it's hands in my business.
Posted on: 2008/5/29 7:30
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

...america, im just gonna go out and say this...hate me for it or not, but theyre too arrogant...they have to be involved with every world matter...and i think the reason that bush hasnt done anythin about this is that...its china...the country that supposed to dominate the US in the next 20 years and become the world's superpower...maybe to enjoy the power america still has is the reason why he hasnt done anything...he will do it however to make himself look like good caring president, but maybe for the wrong reasons...

i totally agree with u ks-san

how come american didn't sent troops to china to help.... wth, hell even japan sent troops over there to help china lolz, (i'm surpise about that cuz along time ago japan attack china, i'm surprise that china even let them in to help lolz) but anyways bush is a gay president and american is arrogent

i agree with u ks-san 100%

Yes, America leads the World. I like to think we Americans learn from other people and cultures, really our own ancestral cultures and countries, because we really are from everywhere else around this Globe. If you want to call our Leadership a form of Arrogance, be my guest. We are the New Atlantis. When I cast my gimlet gaze at other Countries around the World, or even just at the United Nations here in New York City, I am often times sorely disappointed, to put it mildly. But there is a lot to be encouraged about, too. The main theme of America's success, I think, is constraining governmental authority, so that people and individuals can thrive. This is fundamentally the lesson that Bush and Cheney have so appallingly forgotten. Governmental authorities are spendthrift, squandering, wastrels. Individuals, communities, parents and small groups are frugal, Hue, microcredit, enabling, creative, productive and contributing. War is Waste. Peace is Productive. Even so, I think wading into Iraq and the Middle East may prove to have been the best course of action for America, in the long run. Especially when we finish there, and come to your Country to straighten things out as necessary where you live.
Or in the Alternative, you can Join the Borg Here -- World Community Grid
Posted on: 2008/6/8 0:12
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Im cold here in Canada!

The first thing i have to say is china should be number one on the scale. Thats not a good thing, but they do have 1.4 billion people ( just a guess) So we can't blame them when they do. That goes for all countries japan isn't number 1 so are they much better, no. they still produce alot compared to it's size. However not as much as canadians, We are bad in all enviromental aspects. Here is a part of a Tv show where are guy named Rick Mecer makes fun of canada and America. Well only canada in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhoVNaTLOjQ

we do try to find solutions that will work now like Carbon Capture and Storage or CCS is the process of separating carbon dioxide or CO2 from carbon-based (fossil) fuels like coal or oil and then storing the captured CO2 in secure locations, namely geological formations. it allows us to continue utilizing fossil fuels while reducing the environmental impact, and it is already allowing us to make large-scale CO2 reductions. Plus, unlike many other CO2 reduction technologies, CCS can be implemented on a world-wide scale within a very short timeframe.

Again with China. Dam rights what they do in tibet. This is very offensive i know but, there is no point going to war and killing if there is nothing to gain. Occupation of a country is pointless. Just leads to a waist of resorces, Lives, money and time. I realize that they where never chinese and have wanted to be free since they where annexed in 1951. I think they should be free to govern themslef, It's just i don't think thats going to happen.

Lastly, Captin planet is a great show, don't even tell me it's not.
Posted on: 2008/6/9 20:50
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
So CCS would be taking CO2, putting it in cannisters or whatever, and storing the cannisters in unspoiled natural geography. That seems more disruptive to the environment than just letting the CO2 emissions be.
Posted on: 2008/6/11 7:27
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
My understanding of the ccs is, you don't put it into cannisters. you simply pump the gas into where you pull out the oil. Im not too sure that is it, I can't view alot of web pages right now . I will have to look into it some more to find out how they do it.
Posted on: 2008/6/11 7:57
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
That seems harmless enough.
Posted on: 2008/6/12 10:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
There is a large U.S. Government funded Coal to Energy Demonstration Plant - Full Size - CALLED FUTURE-GEN or FutureGen - which is supposed to be funded by the U.S. EPA and DOE and built in Barack Obama's home State of Illinois - just outside St. Louis, Missouri, in Mattoon, Illinois. I read about it in the St. Louis Dispatch newspaper - Saint Louis Missouri Metro Newspaper - St Louis DISPATCH SEARCH FOR FUTUREGEN

This COAL to ENERGY Electric Generation Plant very importantly sequesters Carbon Dioxide - a normal biproduct of coal use in energy generation - so that the atmosphere remains undamaged. It is a very important, new technology for America and possibly for the World at Large, and the Coal Company sponsoring this Plant is either Old Ben Coal Company, or Peabody Coal Company, out of Southern Illinois, where my old college roommate David Garavalia resides and practices law. David is a clever Country Lawyer in the tradition of Abraham Lincoln and Everett Dirksen - (Father in Law of former Tennessee Senator and Lobbyist, now retired - who's name escapes me at the moment. Howard Baker.
Posted on: 2008/6/18 14:44
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
...it's freaking hot...but I can still see snow
Posted on: 2008/6/18 21:15
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
talk about hot! its soooooooooooooooo hot here in my country! and if it isn't hot, typhoons are what we got! damn the weather is freakish these days!
Posted on: 2008/7/4 18:52
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...12131415