Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

roovette04 wrote:
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
do you know, that the arctic areas on earth are hot tropical areas in the past, and hot tropical areas are arctic?

it could be just another time for area swap again

but don't fret, humans and cockroaches survived the dinosaur age, and furthermore, we have wisdom and science, so we can cope well.

i agree

me as well..but i hope out technology will be advanced enough to counteract against the heat the world will get more and more..

and this was pretty strange and cool at the same time...i was watching the lakers-jazz game yesterday...and i saw a sc johnson commercial talking about how they use methane gas to run their factory...the key point...they use garbage to run the factory to save harmful gases from spreading to prevent global warming...i was glad to see something like that...so next time i buy glade products...i can be proud..at least theyre doing something about it...

That's pretty cool...at first I thought "what if we are killing the world?" But after seeing the weather patterns and how it's still somewhat cold in Utah, I realized that the most ovious cause of this is that the world is simply changing just like it has done before...it's just another part of it's cycle...at the most I'd say we helped the speed by like 5 percent, but how I see it is that it was already gonna happen no matter what...
Posted on: 2008/5/5 21:22
Re: Global Warming Thread
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

me as well..but i hope out technology will be advanced enough to counteract against the heat the world will get more and more..

and this was pretty strange and cool at the same time...i was watching the lakers-jazz game yesterday...and i saw a sc johnson commercial talking about how they use methane gas to run their factory...the key point...they use garbage to run the factory to save harmful gases from spreading to prevent global warming...i was glad to see something like that...so next time i buy glade products...i can be proud..at least theyre doing something about it...

wow that's great. atleast in our little own way, we do contribute to fight global warming.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/5/6 5:54
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
The U.S. is number 1 of causing golbal warming and I think Japan is the 2nd..if I'm right....
Posted on: 2008/5/6 6:14
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Actually, China's second, and they might pass the US soon as first, not that I'm convinced CO2 emissions cause global warming. They might be a contributor, but I saw Al Gore's movie, and it just doesn't hold water.

That was a pun. But seriously.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 6:35
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Actually, China's second, and they might pass the US soon as first, not that I'm convinced CO2 emissions cause global warming. They might be a contributor, but I saw Al Gore's movie, and it just doesn't hold water.

yea me too!=/
Posted on: 2008/5/6 13:53
  •  Sanosuke
      Sanosuke
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L
Whether or not global warming is happening, it's not like people will realize it. It's a sad fact.

As much as I respect those who care for our planet, it's not going to be enough.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 16:01
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:

well darn it...if japan isnt second...then they must be doin something right huh? all that use of technological stuff and yet not very harmful to the global system...even if they may be third( just a guess)...thats still pretty good..considering it is japan...
Posted on: 2008/5/6 16:03
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
the only way that global warming will be lessen or be stop is for all the countries to unite with a single goal of saving mother earth. but due to politics and differences in opinions and other political agendas and selfishness this idea is to far-fetched.

And i think increase in awareness nowadays of this problem will be beneficial in the long run. although measures are taken to slow down global warming nowadays, it still is not enough. the government should be the one that will start the solution. but instead, like what is happening in my country ( continue burning fossil fuels, not focusing on improving the use of renewable energy supplies) is just a part of the problem.

we could start at our own homes. i for example is taking measures to lower down my electricity consumption. i participated in earth hour last time by closing most of my light for 60min, my friends were laughing coz they thought i didn't pay my bills and my electricity is cut.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 20:19
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
global warming is going to kill us all one day,

Posted on: 2008/5/6 21:08
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I agree that global warming is a problem, but I don't think the solution is to stop the world.
Posted on: 2008/5/6 21:23
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...15>