<12345...15>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  FunkyStrawberries
      FunkyStrawberries
Re: Global Warming Thread
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 25/ F/NY
I wonder, is there any topics on this site concerning the current election and candidates? xD
Posted on: 2008/5/4 19:02
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

roovette04 wrote:
umm.. i think its exxagerated.. just my opinion....

well roovette, for me it's not exaggerated .. (the global warming topic) all in the news and some of the predictions might happen if people will continue doing things to harm our mother earth.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/5/5 3:22
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Ditto.

The problem is that global warming is being used to scare people into supporting a specific political agenda. There are factors other than CO2 emissions that cause climate change, but you don't hear about them for a variety of political reasons. Why should this be a partisan issue? There can only be one truth about global warming. There's so much fear mongering and rhetoric being thrown around, your guess is as good as mine as to what that truth actually is.

I'm not going to try to scare you guys into thinking global warming is a hoax. It probably isn't. It's probably an incredibly complicated atmospheric phenomenon caused by multiple factors. Just think about the motives of the people you get your information from, and don't buy the party line on everything.

Politicians always try to gloss over facts that don't support their agenda, it seems like a lot of people are forgetting that. Just read this.

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080303175301.aspx

I agree with you on that, politicians are taking advantage on this issue. sux

Posted on: 2008/5/5 3:28
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
In my opinion, global warming is not just about CO2 emissions, but also about other factors.

and about the clean fuel, apparently they decided to go back to using normal petrol as the world is currently facing food shortage due to...you guessed it, global warming.

so they have decided to stop using biofuels, instead, giving them (the food) to the poor starving children in Africa, or at least, that's what I think.

Food prices here in Singapore have been skyrocketing.

Rice is almost double the price. Sigh...
Posted on: 2008/5/5 3:53
Quote:

Erith wrote:
In my opinion, global warming is not just about CO2 emissions, but also about other factors.

and about the clean fuel, apparently they decided to go back to using normal petrol as the world is currently facing food shortage due to...you guessed it, global warming.

so they have decided to stop using biofuels, instead, giving them (the food) to the poor starving children in Africa, or at least, that's what I think.

Food prices here in Singapore have been skyrocketing.

Rice is almost double the price. Sigh...

same here .. Food prices and other stuffs increased. But not the pay for employees and workers.

Posted on: 2008/5/5 4:11
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
I think the food prices have more to do with the oil companies than global warming specifically. It's getting expensive to have the goods distributed. I know a lot of crops didn't do well this year, but some crops have done well. Like pecans. We'd end up with a glut long before we lose the ability to produce enough food.

I saw a story in the news about two college kids who took 1k and made their crappy Toyota Prias get 100mpg highway. Do you really think auto manufacturers don't have the technology to build more fuel efficient cars? Someone's in bed with the oil companies.
Posted on: 2008/5/5 7:33
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
do you know, that the arctic areas on earth are hot tropical areas in the past, and hot tropical areas are arctic?

it could be just another time for area swap again

but don't fret, humans and cockroaches survived the dinosaur age, and furthermore, we have wisdom and science, so we can cope well.
Posted on: 2008/5/5 11:18
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
do you know, that the arctic areas on earth are hot tropical areas in the past, and hot tropical areas are arctic?

but don't fret, humans and cockroaches survived the dinosaur age, and furthermore, we have wisdom and science, so we can cope well.

I knew today in 6th period I was watching Al Gore talking about global warming....
Posted on: 2008/5/5 11:22
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

i agree
Posted on: 2008/5/5 11:51
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

roovette04 wrote:
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:

i agree

me as well..but i hope out technology will be advanced enough to counteract against the heat the world will get more and more..

and this was pretty strange and cool at the same time...i was watching the lakers-jazz game yesterday...and i saw a sc johnson commercial talking about how they use methane gas to run their factory...the key point...they use garbage to run the factory to save harmful gases from spreading to prevent global warming...i was glad to see something like that...so next time i buy glade products...i can be proud..at least theyre doing something about it...
Posted on: 2008/5/5 18:46
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...15>