Global Warming Thread

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...89101112131415>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Global Warming Thread
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Chinese people and government should reach a mutual accommodation with my Friend the Dali Lama and the Tibetan People. Just because the Anglo Brits abandoned their Colony in the Indian Subcontinent - including Pakistan at the time - and also left Tibet, is no reason for the Chinese to invade Tibet. How is it the Chinese can talk out one side of their mouth about not interfering in the internal affairs of other countries - while at the same time taking over Tibet, eliminating democracy and spurning the routine recent American Navy port of call in Hong Kong, and militarily threatening Taiwan/Formosa? Maybe I just do not follow Chinese history, culture, paradigms and politics closely enough? Or maybe the Chinese leadership and people constantly define and redefine reality to suit their own interests, to the detriment of others with whom they share this world. In American kindergarten, we call this either "failure to thrive" or "does not play well with others." The Chinese nation behaves like a misbehaving child - everything has to be their way. It has been decades since the Dali Lama was forced to leave Tibet, and the Tibetan people have suffered every day without his presence. What is China's false interest in maintaining this deplorable condition of the Tibetan People and Nation? Chinese one party jealous system does treat Falun Gong, Catholics, and any minority not majority Han Chinese the same way, that is to say, badly. My patience with China is at an end. Let God's will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Happy Chinese Olympics, everyone. The modern Olympics are just a celebration of modern multi-national Corporations and modern Nation Statism anyway. Minority groups, the Catholic Church, and the Dali Lama's Tibet, are the perfect antidotes to this Olympian conceit of the modern powers.
Posted on: 2008/5/22 0:39
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:
Chinese people and government should reach a mutual accommodation with my Friend the Dali Lama and the Tibetan People. Just because the Anglo Brits abandoned their Colony in the Indian Subcontinent - including Pakistan at the time - and also left Tibet, is no reason for the Chinese to invade Tibet. How is it the Chinese can talk out one side of their mouth about not interfering in the internal affairs of other countries - while at the same time taking over Tibet, eliminating democracy and spurning the routine recent American Navy port of call in Hong Kong, and militarily threatening Taiwan/Formosa? Maybe I just do not follow Chinese history, culture, paradigms and politics closely enough? Or maybe the Chinese leadership and people constantly define and redefine reality to suit their own interests, to the detriment of others with whom they share this world. In American kindergarten, we call this either "failure to thrive" or "does not play well with others." The Chinese nation behaves like a misbehaving child - everything has to be their way. It has been decades since the Dali Lama was forced to leave Tibet, and the Tibetan people have suffered every day without his presence. What is China's false interest in maintaining this deplorable condition of the Tibetan People and Nation? Chinese one party jealous system does treat Falun Gong, Catholics, and any minority not majority Han Chinese the same way, that is to say, badly. My patience with China is at an end. Let God's will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. Happy Chinese Olympics, everyone. The modern Olympics are just a celebration of modern multi-national Corporations and modern Nation Statism anyway. Minority groups, the Catholic Church, and the Dali Lama's Tibet, are the perfect antidotes to this Olympian conceit of the modern powers.

it's like, something is punishing the people in china, for the tibet incident

it's kinda weird, but it can't be a coincidence
Posted on: 2008/5/22 0:53
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
What else can you expect from a communist country?

Really, we don't even know how many people were effected by the earthquake.
Posted on: 2008/5/22 19:59
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
uhh...somewhere near millions of people are affected by it...millions were killed and more casualties...some are homeless and lives, destroyed...ruined because of this...but in proportions to china's major population...thats not a big number we're talking about..
Posted on: 2008/5/23 16:02
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
it is too sad... especially when almost all the casualties are children...
Posted on: 2008/5/23 19:34
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
whats wrong with the world, y china always be the troubling....-_-

Posted on: 2008/5/23 19:42
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
it is too sad... especially when almost all the casualties are children...

i dont think so...i doubt you will see a bunch of children in china often...unless packed together in the city areas...china's law states that a family are allowed one child to help contain the population from exploding...so thats two parents per one child...according to this...parents have the advantage...im thinking most of the casualties are older people...pending which part of china were hit..countryside then elderly people as the younger ones move out to the business dominated portions of the cities...if the business areas then a mix of children and adults..either way...my heart goes out to them
Posted on: 2008/5/23 19:45
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
ya,ya i know the one child policy... what i'm saying is that buildings that collapsed were schools...
Posted on: 2008/5/23 20:13
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

jreuij wrote:
ya,ya i know the one child policy... what i'm saying is that buildings that collapsed were schools...

oh? ..didnt hear anything about schools collapsing...that sucks
Posted on: 2008/5/23 20:16
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
yeah it sucks big time! but look at it this way, maybe God is depopulating china, that is why alot of people were dead, its crazy but just maybe...

sometimes God works in mysterious ways thats what a priest told me!

but still...think of all the love ones that were left behind or childrens orphaned by the earthquake! its really bad! what will the government do?
Posted on: 2008/5/23 20:26
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...89101112131415>