and that makes them gay

ok??
Posted on: 2008/5/26 16:55
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Re: Global Warming Thread
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Well, first off, America did donate money to aid China. They wouldn't let any actual foreign rescue-workers into the harder hit areas because of transportation. Maybe that's true, maybe it isn't. Supposedly moving people and equipment in and out of the site is very difficult.

I'm not trying to defend Bush's forein policy, it's terrible. However, first you bash the US for having it's hands in everyone else's business, then you bash us for not responding (which we did, by the way) to a natural disaster in a country with a highly organized and capable government? Which way do you want it? We can't just dole out money we don't have to other countries while they buy up our debt.

I'm not an expert, but as I've had it explained to me, you'd hardly be able to "feel" global warming, just because it's a hot day, if it did exist. I think the theory was based on either a climatic shift that would end up making some parts of the world very cold, or a 1 to 2 degree change over the entire planet. A lot of people think global climate change could be caused by variances on the surface of the sun. There's some evidence to support this, and frankly, it seems a lot more believable to me than expedited heating of the entire planet caused by CO2 emissions.

And JJ, that was a terrible joke. Just terrible.
Posted on: 2008/5/26 17:10
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
I'm not trying to defend Bush's forein policy, it's terrible. However, first you bash the US for having it's hands in everyone else's business, then you bash us for not responding (which we did, by the way) to a natural disaster in a country with a highly organized and capable government? Which way do you want it? We can't just dole out money we don't have to other countries while they buy up our debt.

well not to other countries but i can point out a time where america did just dole out money they didnt have...all the billions of money wasted sendin troops over to iraq...i mean the major part of that was like 3-4 years ago...the war is basically over...and still he wastes money sending troops over even til this very day...he knows that the US is the country most in debt, and yet he keeps spending away...

no comment as of now regarding global warming...im studying it at the moment..
Posted on: 2008/5/26 18:53
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
It's true, it's an enormous money sink. It's not like we can let the government we just installed collapse, but we can't prop it up against the corruption of it's own people forever, either.

It's tough to tell with Global Warming what's legitimate and what's just rhetoric. It's a travesty, really, that we would take something potentially important and either fabricate or ignore facts about it. My guess is that in ten years, scientists are going to laugh at us over the entire thing. There'll have been some explanation or solution we ignored because we were too wrapped up in politics.
Posted on: 2008/5/27 7:01
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
humans will eventually destroy each other, instead of the wold destroying them
Posted on: 2008/5/27 11:37
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Like mixing sheep genes with human genes. (...)

Posted on: 2008/5/27 14:20
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
humans will eventually destroy each other, instead of the wold destroying them

true.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/5/27 23:59
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
That seems probable.
Posted on: 2008/5/28 18:17
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 20/M/Singapore
well theres still many major CO contributors not in the Kyoto Protocol.. We cant expect the greenhouse to improve if the major contributors dun do anything to lessen their "contributions"
Posted on: 2008/5/29 0:04
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...1112131415>