Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...15>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Global Warming Thread
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Erith wrote:
if you really wanna do something about global warming.

GET OFF THE COMPUTER NOW!

lol

lol erith .. me, I can't .. I'm working at a computer shop .. so probably, I can't do anything for this ..

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/5/7 23:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
Quote:

Erith wrote:
if you really wanna do something about global warming.

GET OFF THE COMPUTER NOW!

lol

lol erith .. me, I can't .. I'm working at a computer shop .. so probably, I can't do anything for this ..

i find that funny....
Posted on: 2008/5/8 6:27
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
It's interesting to see all those ppl who believe that global warming doesn't exist. what the hell?! like the ice sheet melt away by its own will. >.<

It is absolutely a problem, and it's really frustrating to see countries like China and USA to not see the problem (of course not a personal attack to anyone here -___-). But there is some measures that countries are trying to do, like the Kyoto Protocole. It is not enough to save the world, but it is a good way on doing so. Therefor it feels not-that-good that USA and china hasnt signed it yet >.<.

Im trying my best on my own, to lower all use of electricity and Im not asking for someone to drive me somewhere if I actually can take the bike.
Also things like when the teacher have copied a lot of papers to the class or something I always think about if he or she have made papers with text on both sides, or if its like.. 20 pages instead of 10. When it is, it feel really wrong, and I just want to shout to the teacher >.<

Have you seen Jesus Camp? Its a documentary (I think, dont remember :P) about how some kids are being manipulated in these "camps". I ask because the leader sort of preach about how global warming doesn't exist AT ALL. (Its from the US and A). Very good but also very tragic in the way that you get to see how they are brainwashed. Still, I recommend it.

Also I've watched Al Gore's movie. I think it was very good, it made to really think about how I myself can help. Hmm, think I have to see it again to refresh my memory. :p

Hmm, all in all this is a hard thing to really discuss, because there isn't much more to say than "Global warming is a problem" >.<
Posted on: 2008/5/9 16:17
  •  hrabbit
      hrabbit
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L ??/female/USA
I do beleive that global warming is real and that we are speeding it up, but I also beleive that some of it is natural and our Earth is undergoing a climate change. I beleive that at the momment, countries continue using oil because it is cheaper. But I think once they learn how to harness solar power fully (I beleive solar pannels only absorbe like 10% of the suns energy, just the UV rays I think or something or other....) then we will all be fine :P
Posted on: 2008/5/9 18:27
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
yup i think some of the warming is natural, but what is happening is we are speeding up the process drastically, that some of the natural resources or even the animal are having a hard time to adapt. and yeah i think solar power will be the future energy provider for the world. i want to have one my self but it'll cost me a lot of money installing one for my home. but its free energy after the installation of the solar panels.

btw i heard so much about Al gore's movie, but i haven't got the chance to watch it. i'll try to get the DVD. but some said that it is political in nature, is it true?
Posted on: 2008/5/9 18:40
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
yea, global warming is natural .. but humans are making it worst.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/5/9 18:43
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Of course it's political in nature. Al Gore is a politician.

Anyway, in the same way those kids in the Jesus camp might be led to believe global warming doesn't exist, or whatever...don't you think politicians could use scare tactics to lead us to believe that New York will be underwater in ten years? All I'm saying is that we're not getting any unbiast information, and the closest thing we have to it shows the earth goes through climate change as the result of phenomena other than CO2 emissions. CO2 emissions may act as a contributor, but who's to say to what extent? Al Gore? That's like having a crack addict mannage your finances.
Posted on: 2008/5/9 19:46
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
yea, global warming is natural .. but humans are making it worst.

That's true
Posted on: 2008/5/9 20:04
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Of course it's political in nature. Al Gore is a politician.

Anyway, in the same way those kids in the Jesus camp might be led to believe global warming doesn't exist, or whatever...don't you think politicians could use scare tactics to lead us to believe that New York will be underwater in ten years? All I'm saying is that we're not getting any unbiast information, and the closest thing we have to it shows the earth goes through climate change as the result of phenomena other than CO2 emissions. CO2 emissions may act as a contributor, but who's to say to what extent? Al Gore? That's like having a crack addict mannage your finances.

whaa?~~~ what in the world...lol...true we may not know to what extent co2 emissions effect is on our global system...but still as harmful as it is..its still damaging it...though it may not act as a top contributor...it takes it toll through time...and i think humans just as everyone says...speeds up the process and gets the worse out of it...
Posted on: 2008/5/9 20:20
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
wat causing global warming is fire, and carbon dioxide

Posted on: 2008/5/10 16:37
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345678...15>