<123
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Re: vietnamese pop....does it exit??
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
Not just sucky. They used that music to torture americans in the Vietnam War so you can kinda get the picture that its not JUST sucky.
Posted on: 2008/5/25 13:11
  •  vietncamboboi
      vietncamboboi
User on Probation
A/S/L ?/M/CA
they dont use the music to torture Americans, u know nothing about them, sum of the lyrics in the music, are depressing words, n how much they suffer during the war..., sumtimes it gets annoying when they sing about that all the time, they never say its over, n kept on singing about it...-_-

Posted on: 2008/5/25 18:08
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 55/M/USA
Bhiet Cambo Boi , have you heard this song before? It is new to me, and I really like it. It is so good, I thought it was 20 or 30 years old. However, I have discovered that Trish Thuy Trang is probably in her 20s of age, much like Utada. Trish comes to America to sing, too, I saw a video capture of her singing in Seattle, Washington USA area recently. She has good taste, a nice style, and she is talented, like Bhietnamese people generally. I like her. I like when you come to my defense in this UtadaNet forum, too. Bhietnamese Trish Thuy Trang sings Kimigasuki -- how nice!
Posted on: 2008/6/8 0:28
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

ItaloSuave wrote:
Trish Thuy Trang is Bhietnamese, isn't she? She is as good as Utada, in her own way. The Philippines also, at least in Manilla at the Holiday Inn on Roxas Boulevard, have excellent pop music musicians and singers, again, as good as the Utada ensembles, although without the polished and technological legerdemain or show biz know-how of her Mother and Father and modern day Stage Managers. I happen to appreciate the musicianship of Chilean Inkas Wasi and other traditional Andean musical groups, which remind me of tuneful, ethereal, traditional folk music found elsewhere in the world. I think their music influenced Tracy Chapman in Harvard Square, for example. When I met her, I suggested she might like to visit Chicago. She moved there, and I hope she is happier now than when I talked to her. Music has the ability to heal people, but only up to a point, beyond which, it takes more substantive curative powers.

OFF TOPIC: Mr. ItaloSuave, have you ever been here in the Philippines? Yes Roxas Boulevard has alot of Restau-bars there (specially Malate) but they've been removing it because of the order of Mr. Alfredo Lim (Mayor of Manila City). Actually, there are plenty of good singers here in the Philippines and not to mention Filipinos are also fluent in speaking English. We, Filipinos tend to speak pure English or TagLish (Mixed Tagalog *Filipino Language*/ English) in our daily lives. A plus factor that we can understand foreigners well. Going back, there are these Brilliant Filipino singers namely of course Ms. Lea Salonga (she's been singing in NY Broadway in plenty of Theatre plays for now ..) she really has a good voice specially when singing in Theatres. Another is Ms. Kyla, the R&B Princess of the Phil (I love her version of Love will Lead You Back, here goes Nina .. for the Male singers Christian Bautista is a very good Balladeer .. Mr. Erik Santos also .. they really have good voices but not popular in Asia .. it's the sad thing about it .. Many Filipino ppl has the talent but not recognized well because Foreign Countries tend to criticize our race. However, some tagalog songs are boring .. but some are modernized as well .. Filipino singers usually compose pure english songs .. Apparently, there've been few tagalog songs in this generation .. but rock bands are giving life to our own language though, like Spongecola (This is one of their old songs but this is my favorite song from them Jeepney), Hale (I love their song Kahit Pa, Kung Wala Ka and their old english song The Day you said Goodnight but my most favorite song from their band is Broken Sonnet -- the song is too good for me :D check that out ..

btw. Mr. Billy Crawford and ApL d Ap of Black Eyed Peas are Filipinos.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/6/9 8:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

don't forget Nicole Scherzinger of pussycat dolls she's also a filipino......

Posted on: 2008/6/10 1:52
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

Weezy wrote:
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

don't forget Nicole Scherzinger of pussycat dolls she's also a filipino......

Apparently they are half and half .. haha xD

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/6/10 7:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123