•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: "Apple and Cinnamon" song
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

Kiynteyh wrote:
if it were all about how smexy she was she would still dominate.. but unfortunately here in america she'd have to look like a tramp or a ho to be famous.. not to mention her music would have to sound like total crap....

...and incase u guys havent figured it out yet... yes i am racist towards my own country

U got the point there , cos I saw lot of female US artist.. lot of them look like that. Mostly the music doesn't have any meaning, kinda after u hear 4 a week and... it was become deadly boring song. Sorry if I have 2 say that, but many Japanese artist do that too 4 example Kumi Koda man..... WTH with her album "how to use sexy" what kind of title is that.

I'am a bit picky bout song
Posted on: 2008/9/5 22:46
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
So, will this Apple & / or Cinnamon appear on her next album, I wonder?

And let's just say that she retitled it. Wouldn't it be a fun guessing game to try and narrow down which song it was?

Skanky and sexy sells CDs. I don't think that Utada Hikaru has a chance of dominating the US/English music scene. Frankly, for me as a Japanese fan (I mean, rather, a fan of her Japanese works), it would be absolutely strange to see Hikki rise to the top and pwn all popular artists. It's weird, but as a fan I want her to do well, too.
Posted on: 2008/9/6 16:11
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I know she won't really be as popular as the artists that are already popular in the states.. but still.. Can't help but hope.

It's such a shame that most people in the states will more likely buy the cds made by artists who sell themselves.. I hope that hikki won't do the same. I HIGHLY doubt she will as she only cares about the music and not much herself.
Posted on: 2008/9/6 18:10
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Kiynteyh wrote:
if it were all about how smexy she was she would still dominate.. but unfortunately here in america she'd have to look like a tramp or a ho to be famous.. not to mention her music would have to sound like total crap....

...and incase u guys havent figured it out yet... yes i am racist towards my own country

U got the point there , cos I saw lot of female US artist.. lot of them look like that. Mostly the music doesn't have any meaning, kinda after u hear 4 a week and... it was become deadly boring song. Sorry if I have 2 say that, but many Japanese artist do that too 4 example Kumi Koda man..... WTH with her album "how to use sexy" what kind of title is that.

I'am a bit picky bout song

I think you're talking about Maki Goto. xD Maki released an album called "How to Use Sexy" before she left Hello! Project and went to Avex. Even though i'm not a huge fan of anything from H!P [besides Aya Matsuura and W. And I have some adoration toward Ai Takahashi. Can't help it. xD] It's actually a good album. And it's not really explicit overall.

Anyways, I don't really mind explicit things. As long as it's executed in a mature way. I don't really if Utada actually does dominate the American music scene. Nor do I want her next English release to be considered an epic failure in sales. It's not the degree of succession that matters, it's the music.
Posted on: 2008/9/6 18:40
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

I think you're talking about Maki Goto. xD Maki released an album called "How to Use Sexy" before she left Hello! Project and went to Avex. Even though i'm not a huge fan of anything from H!P [besides Aya Matsuura and W. And I have some adoration toward Ai Takahashi. Can't help it. xD] It's actually a good album. And it's not really explicit overall.

Anyways, I don't really mind explicit things. As long as it's executed in a mature way. I don't really if Utada actually does dominate the American music scene. Nor do I want her next English release to be considered an epic failure in sales. It's not the degree of succession that matters, it's the music.

wew u right it was Maki Goto, she was to much exploit her sex appeal, does Maki Goto a Gravure Idol before being a singer. Honestly I like to see gravure Idol pict (I'm a guy that's normal ) My fave G idol Yukie Kawamura off topic here.

I hope Hikki next English song have a great influence in many music industry.
Posted on: 2008/9/7 5:13
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L
Popular artists in the US that have not been "ho"s

Leona Lewis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrNoDUblAtE
Imogen Heap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDIgQ4Ei0Lo&feature=related
Duffy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE2orthS3TQ
Sara McLachlan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8ekkwgZlY
Gwen Stefani: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c0w7iOZYVI (she's worn some less than modest outfits at times, but she's never done the "ho" look imo)

I just thought of those off hand. Just saying, you don't have to be a "ho" to be popular in the US. I don't expect her to be as popular as Britney Spears was in the late 90's but it doesn't mean she won't be successful.
Posted on: 2008/9/8 18:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...3456