Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki introduces oldies
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
Hikki did some covers or just sang old and epic songs like Moon River, Fly Me to the Moon, Living On My Own, Close to You and I Won't last a day without you (with Shiina Ringo, but that was under Ringo's name) by The Carpenters and Paint it Black, to an extent.

I already heard and knew some of these songs by the original artists, but of course Hikki does it better (to me at least). It's good that she shows an appreciation of the oldies and thus making her fans also appreciate it and not just listen to contemporary music. She made me like Moon River and Living On My Own, but I'll still listen to her version. I gave the original performers a listen too of course.
Posted on: 2008/6/14 0:27
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Re: Hikki introduces oldies
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
aye I love her covers She make the songs to really fit HER. I mean, often when ppl do covers, they are really good at sounding like the real song, but to me - that's not what making a cover means. When I hear a cover I want it to be different on some way (it might just be a little part), because if you want to make a song that already exist to 100%... Then why even do it? I'd say that ppl who twist the song in a way that it sounds different, but still is the same song.. That's a good cover

But with Living on my own.. I think she's doing it REALLY well, but it's absolutely not better than the original ( F Mercury is amazing ).

My feelings to Queen and Mercury is the same as my feelings to Pink Floyd; both are bands I've been raised with by mom and dad and therefor I "know".
Hikki though, by doing Living on my own, proves that you actuallt CAN make covers on Mercury's songs. That is really special, because often when ppl hear covers of song whom they really love - and then get a louse cover... It's sad. But Hikki actually (I'm not saying this because I'm a crazy hikki fan) made me like the cover, a lot. Of course I listen to it a lot and really really love it... But still, Mercury does it best, in my opinon.

edit: of course I think Mercury's better when I've heard more of him in my life than of Hikki... That's prolly why I think the original is the best (Hikki's cover is the best cover though ). But with the other covers I think Hikki is doing the best performance of the song (because I haven't heard the original songs that much). ^^
Posted on: 2008/6/14 4:25
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Didn't she also do a cover of Sukiyaki?
Posted on: 2008/6/15 9:51
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
yes she did =)

and thats the reason why i love her =D she is the best ever!!!
Posted on: 2008/6/16 0:13
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I like hikki's cover of Michelle feat Boo Takagi now. I swear that song kept playing in my head once all night.
Posted on: 2008/6/21 22:38
  •  ioruk
      ioruk
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/USA
Michelle feat. Boo Takagi? What song was that? I don't think I've heard of it? Well I love Fly Me To The Moon cover. Its soo relaxing to hear her voice with that song. I love it when she sings "Darling kiss me."
Posted on: 2008/6/22 10:49
  •  lumad
      lumad
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26, M, Philippines
i like her cover of living on my own and take on me!
Posted on: 2008/7/4 18:44
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic