[help] Insomnia

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
[help] Insomnia
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 15/ F/ Singapore
I've been having insomia for the last few days. I have been unable to sleep until like 3am and beyond. The latest I have slept is 5.30am. I need help to kick this problem as school is starting in a weeks time. (school starts at seven
am) but I have been sleeping till 12 pm.

This thing all started when I had an allergy to something ad the itching kept
me up.

Help!
Posted on: 2008/6/15 10:21
Re: [help] Insomnia
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
you should take melatonin! the medicine that i took! *thanks pipol of UN for saving my night life!) its very effective!

last time i sleep within 7am-12:30pm! then i would sleep and wake up around 5pm.. after that i cant sleep again.... but after i took melatonin... im ok now! i can sleep like 11pm.. the latest is 2am
Posted on: 2008/6/15 11:26
  •  Roscoe
      Roscoe
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20/M/New Hampshire
Yeah, it's pretty good stuff. You just take it for a little bit, and it resets your sleep cycle. If you've only had it for a few days, you might just want to try getting off of the computer and TV half an hour or so before you go to bed.
Posted on: 2008/6/15 13:56
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
If it's some kind of reaction of stress, then I can give you the tip to relax your body - one part at a time - when lying in bed, ready to sleep.
Like, just empty your mind, and count to 5 and then you relax your feet. Then your legs. Then your arms, your neck, your chest, your stomach, and lastly your head. (with a slight pause between each relaxing-part).

It've worked for me several times :)
Posted on: 2008/6/15 15:59
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
finish up everything, completely everything you have on your mind's list

cos from the way you can't sleep, it must be anxiety of unfinished things that you haven't done

and another point is, if you sleep late(like 530am), wake up early, like 10 or 9+ am

this way you will use up the excess energy you have stored in your body

exercising is a great way to dispose energy too

and avoid foods with high energy content, like chocolates
Posted on: 2008/6/16 0:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty good stuff. You just take it for a little bit, and it resets your sleep cycle. If you've only had it for a few days, you might just want to try getting off of the computer and TV half an hour or so before you go to bed.

yeah! i agree! and try to have some physical activities so your body well be completely relaxed when you lye down.. and its good for the health too
Posted on: 2008/6/16 10:09
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
doing something physical is probably the best way to go. you could also try doing something boring...or listen to soothing music...the piano version of First Love helps ^_^
Posted on: 2008/6/16 22:48
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
you don't need to stop insomnia. I developed some a while back so i just got a night time job . it worked out nice now i have 3 yeah i like to stay busy. but will have to quite the daytime job when my school starts back up
Posted on: 2008/6/17 0:08
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
insomia isn't good for the body... try to list done what you have to do then do it... so you can have a worry free sleep...
Posted on: 2008/6/19 21:06
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
we can't sleep at night
and we can't wake up in the morning
LOL
Posted on: 2008/6/24 9:38
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12>