<1...345678>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: utadanet....dying?
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
I hope this site doesnt die out
I have many good memories in this site :O
I have been here for almost three years and its been great ive seen many Members come and go and i mean many.
I have also made many great friends here. I now i havent really been on but i will try do my part to make this place even way better.
Posted on: 2008/8/5 19:26
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
same here gato

thats why we should be more active and start posting whenever we can so that this forum would never die OKAY!!
Posted on: 2008/8/6 9:55
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
Yeah i now :D
I will try to be more active from now on :O
Posted on: 2008/8/6 10:26
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

Q wrote:
Quote:

ioruk wrote:
I admit the 88 seconds is irritating..
Come to think of it what happen to our admins and mods??

This was to prevent excessive spamming of the forums. Didn't like seeing all of the recent posts on the home page was done by the same person...

But ya, it is set to 30secs now. Your feedback would be great.

Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
admin must do something like changing the theme and news like Oricon charts or something that related to Hikki that trustworthy I dont want many of us just hearing a rumor bout hikki news.

we admins are busy. with us getting older, our respective lives are getting more demanding. we simply do not have the time and patience anymore to troll thru the forums everyday babysitting; check all the different sources, japanese sites and news feeds everyday for the latest Hikki news.

our responsibility to the site has scaled back. The responsibility that we have taken now is to ensure the site stays up and running, this includes a lot of maintanence from blocking or deleting spam, software updates, to defending against hackers.

there are 6000+ of you (maybe not all exactly active posters) and that is much more man power to update news than us admins. I have always hoped that this site would be able to harness the power of the community to keep each other updated on the latest happenings in the Hikki world, much like some japanese bbs', but I have only seen complainers.
There have been examples of people doing great jobs of news updates for a while. But those are few and not permenant.

we don't have any subforums for that

and yea, the oricon charts is a good idea

and q, you're whining already

it takes initiative

so why not, squeeze in a little time, and come up with an idea with the other admins
Posted on: 2008/8/6 13:03
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:
we admins are busy. with us getting older, our respective lives are getting more demanding. we simply do not have the time and patience anymore to troll thru the forums everyday babysitting; check all the different sources, japanese sites and news feeds everyday for the latest Hikki news.

our responsibility to the site has scaled back. The responsibility that we have taken now is to ensure the site stays up and running, this includes a lot of maintanence from blocking or deleting spam, software updates, to defending against hackers.

there are 6000+ of you (maybe not all exactly active posters) and that is much more man power to update news than us admins. I have always hoped that this site would be able to harness the power of the community to keep each other updated on the latest happenings in the Hikki world, much like some japanese bbs', but I have only seen complainers.
There have been examples of people doing great jobs of news updates for a while. But those are few and not permenant.

i know jj has said this time and time again a while back and i know how busy you all are..but if youre busy and you cant monitor as often as you did...dont you think its better to pick someone who is often active and professional about being a part of this site to monitor for you all in your absence...no offense or anything but i wouldve figure one new admin wouldve been appointed by now...im not saying that i should be one..(honestly i could care less being one or not) but wouldnt having someone to police this forum stop all the complaining and keep this place going strong as it once did...its fading slowly but users around are posting to keep it active...that way if you have an active admin who can answer questions or anything else an admin can do...they can do them for the users...i just some users arent as active because well if users request something...its not answered so they just dont bother...so yea..

Quote:

^Eclipse wrote:
Quote:

Q wrote:

Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
admin must do something like changing the theme and news like Oricon charts or something that related to Hikki that trustworthy I dont want many of us just hearing a rumor bout hikki news.

I've been meaning to say this for a while, but would it be possible to strip down the site to just the forums? I don't think many people check the other sections of the site and most people come to browse the forums. It's clear that it's difficult to maintain the whole site so I think stripping down the site to just the forums would be more straight forward.

All the information about Hikki(lyrics, biography, etc.) can be made into stickied forum posts. The latest news about hikki could be seen through a rss feed from ublog.net.

What do people think of this idea?
(To admins: Would stripping down the site helphacking/spambot prevention?)

However the short term problem is getting
moderators (not administrator) on the forums. Would it be possible to do a secret poll via pms to a moderator to decide who would be the moderator(s)?

double bingo

Quote:

Amaterasu wrote:
I have two quick suggestions:

1) Passing the baton to those willing and those who have the time

2) Making the site user-editable. Somewhat like Wikipedia.

user editable?

then what do you have to do with hikki haters?
Posted on: 2008/8/6 13:06
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Soo many people pick quote from me, I'm feel guilty here and I love this site so much.
Posted on: 2008/8/6 21:37
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
just don't mind them ^^

just don't post really really random stuff u know..? but yea atleast u are keeping this site alive ^^V
Posted on: 2008/8/6 22:06
  •  jreuij
      jreuij
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L female
what are we talking about again????
Posted on: 2008/8/7 20:07
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
I agree with Eclipse. I don't really think the Hikki updates are really necesarry, maybe just the blog messages.

Personally, I don't think it's really the site's problem. I think it's us. A year ago, this site wasn't that great at keeping up with the news too but I remember we used to have so much fun just posting comments (and going off topic) on the forums. I don't know what happened, somewhere along the way alot of us just died. (I'm part of it.)

I don't really mind the way the site is right now since I could just get my info from other sites. Maybe the admins could just clean up the forums a little by deleting those extrememly old threads. But I don't want to complain too much, I'm just grateful this site hasn't gone done yet.
That way we could at least recreate some more fun moments.
Posted on: 2008/8/8 7:51
  •  ioruk
      ioruk
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/M/USA
That would be definitely be nice! Thanks for your work admins~I understand older more responsibilities.. ..getting there myself.
Wow I haven't been on awhile..sorry guys...Hows everyone doing?
Posted on: 2008/8/8 15:28
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...345678>