<123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Re: Parents and Utada
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Why wouldn't your parents want you to listen to Hikki Kiy? Is it because of her Japanese songs? Seriously what's the harm in listening to Hikki?
Posted on: 2008/7/18 9:14
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
when i was in elementary..my parents hates to listen to my anime tracks cause theyre really irritated! but when time goes along.. they dont care anymore! hehe!its not a negative one.. but i guess they already accpeted what kind of music im into..

my aunt heard 'beautiful world' and she already loved the voice of hikki! yey! and my other 2 sis are now a hikki fans too
Posted on: 2008/7/18 10:48
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
My parents don't really care what I listen to...except my dad has a thing against rock/metal/screamo music which I listen to lol. But otherwise, I've never talked to them about Utada's music...I don't think I should either, because my mom has always said "I don't like all the new young people music, they have no taste!!" No reason to bring up Utada since she would automatically fall under my mom's assumption of a "young fool", especially since she's Japanese. Being Chinese, my parents still don't exactly like having much to do with Japanese people. So it's just better not to let them know about the music I listen to. :/

Posted on: 2008/7/18 11:35
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
My parents've never said anything about my music, mainly because they know that even though I listen to japanese music from time to time (please read: always), they know that I'm very serious with music and that I therefor will never "forget" about the music I was raised with (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi).

I think they approve of Hikki, at least they never say anything when I put Heart Station/Stay Gold in the CD while driving the car And once my mom stood in my room, gazin at the poster with Hikki and after a while she said "Very cute girl, I really like her hair!" (The poster from Heart Station)

Nah... Whats my problem is my class mates. Some of them cant believe how I can listen to something where I dont even understand the lyrics.

They dont understand that music is the universal language.
Posted on: 2008/7/18 13:23
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
My momo doesn't really care as much. Which was odd? i don't know, but she knows i like to listen to different types of music, even with the whole hard rock/screamo etc type, she would be like "eh, just remember to turn it down a little so you don't wake the neighbors" and thats about it >:3 So I guess I was really lucky then XD
Posted on: 2008/7/18 16:32
  •  Amaterasu
      Amaterasu
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 26/M/Canada
Over time, my parents have accepted the fact that I take to Japanese culture. It irks me when they call me "Japanese-boy". They're Chinese, and it goes without saying that they have a general dislike for things Japanese.

For Hikaru's music specificially, they tolerate it, but I do know that they hate or at least dislike it. My father finds her inability to hold higher notes and her vibrato really annoying.

You know, I don't notice. To me, she's just TEH AWESOME.
Posted on: 2008/7/18 16:57
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Quote:

Josh_Shing wrote:
My dad came running over to my room when i was playin "Fly me to the moon 2007 mix", curious to know who was singing the legendary frank sinatra's song.

And what happen did he mad or something

No my dad was interested to know who's fine voice it was singing.

I've got a few other friends that don't mind listening to Indian music. We're always like "so what if you can't understand it? I like the way it sounds and that's enough for me! Whahahaha!"
Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:26
  •  Hikkichan
      Hikkichan
UtadaNet Newbie
A/S/L 17/F/Osaka
Somethings are best kept secret, and to me, this is one of 'em. I rather not talk about Hikaru in front of them. They just wouldn't understand my passion for Hikaru's music. *sob*
Posted on: 2008/7/22 4:59
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
well 4 me my parents doesn't really care either and my friends sometimes makes fun of me about it but other then that is cool, even tho some of them know who she is xDD
Posted on: 2008/7/22 12:48
  •  Hikkifan75
      Hikkifan75
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 13 / male / US
Your personal karm 0 does not reach the required karma 127.
Please try later.

~Lucas and Claus~
Posted on: 2008/7/22 20:36
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123>