Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Hiiiii!
guest_Unregistered
So, I'm Jamie... And I'm new (obviously). Ummm, I'm 23, I have a 7 month old little girl (really, she's little). Her name is Parker RoseMarie, she can't wear shoes yet 'cuz her feet are too small, and she still wears size 0-3 month clothing. She's a really happy baby, though.

I work at an elementary school as an aid, helping immigrant kids learn English, and also at a Mexican Restaurant as a server ('cuz I speak a little Spanish). And I'm in school for computer programming.

I don't exactly remember where I found out about Hikki, but I know I got into J-Pop 'cuz of a snippet I found in Playstation Magazine about Suzuki Ami and later went digging through the import section at Tower Records. But I love her. She's awesome.

haha sorry to put so much... ^_^ but here's my baby & me:

I know, she looks nothing like me. And she's half-mexican. She looks exactly like her dad, except prettier. haha..

Anywho, nice to meet you guys! ^_^
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:10
Re: Hiiiii!
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
Nice to meet you :]
I hope you have a great time here
Its very interesting here and many people will help you learn more about Hikki :]
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:14
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
lolz i've been listening to her since like 2001 already.. ^_^

it's just hard to keep up 'cuz i'm so busy.
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:20
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
Oh :]
Very interesting ive been listening to her since 03 :o
And yes it is hard to keep up with her
Im not really on Here anymore this is my first time logging on in months :O
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:22
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
hehe, yeah i'll have periods like that too probably... ^_^

like, before, it seemed like it took years for her to come out with something new. now, it's like she has a new single out every month! you know? or maybe it's just 'cuz i haven't had time... lol

i think Ayumi and Kumi may be worse though.. Kumi's "Kingdom" cd just came out a few months ago and she's already released singles from a -new- album or something.
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:28
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
I now Thats what i think lol :]
Like i was so into Her But like Nothing was new was Released for a while. but now its all different
I think all artist are releasing to many singles so soon :d
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:30
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I agree.. I haven't been too keen on Kumi's latest stuff, and I have yet to hear anything new from Ayumi.

Although I was surprised to see that Kumi did a song with Fergie and Ami-chan re-made that "Potential Break-Up Song" by Aly & AJ Michalka in Japanese & performed it with them in Japan. Ayu & Hikki need to jump on the bandwagon already lolz

OH, and Dir en Grey has been touring in the U.S. too, with KoRn. That's just nuts to me, but their music has been sounding more American lately, I think. Hot Topic stocks a couple of their cds and some other things, as well as Shoxx magazine.
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:38
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 18/m/cali
Oh wow Alot of japanese artist have been exposed to the U.s :O
thats great :D in my opinion
I never knew hot topic Had albums thats amazing
Posted on: 2008/8/5 22:44
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I read that hide was supposed to tour with Marylin Manson when he formed ZILCH (that's the reason Manson had Pink & Black hair when "The Dope Show" came out, after hide passed away).

but yeah, Hot Topic I think Stocks "Withering to Death", -maybe- "Vulgar", and their latest cd "Agitated Screams of Maggots"

I know Hikki worked with Timbaland on a couple of her songs on the "Exodus" album, but I just think that the sound and lyrics in general weren't right for the pop U.S. market, even though it's a good cd. She needs something extra-super-catchy to make it over here. Like Britney or Miley stuff or something.

It is really awesome that Japanese artists are getting so much exposure here (DeG has an enormous fanbase here already, and in other countries 'cuz of their success. They now have a website in English), but at the same time, I'm a little jealous too. Like the secret's been let out.... you know? lol
Posted on: 2008/8/5 23:10
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

abunai wrote:
I read that hide was supposed to tour with Marylin Manson when he formed ZILCH (that's the reason Manson had Pink & Black hair when "The Dope Show" came out, after hide passed away).

but yeah, Hot Topic I think Stocks "Withering to Death", -maybe- "Vulgar", and their latest cd "Agitated Screams of Maggots"

I know Hikki worked with Timbaland on a couple of her songs on the "Exodus" album, but I just think that the sound and lyrics in general weren't right for the pop U.S. market, even though it's a good cd. She needs something extra-super-catchy to make it over here. Like Britney or Miley stuff or something.

It is really awesome that Japanese artists are getting so much exposure here (DeG has an enormous fanbase here already, and in other countries 'cuz of their success. They now have a website in English), but at the same time, I'm a little jealous too. Like the secret's been let out.... you know? lol

First off,welcome to utadanet XD and your baby loooks soooo cute :3
And i agree with you of what you said, but the sad thing is that hot topic sell shoxx more pricier than kinokuniya which sucks...since i buy it every month at kinokuniya for only $11 or 12 but oh well. And yaa i do feel like they are letting out the secret about jrock and in generally japanese music, but at the same time its cool, since they are able to have tours and concerts XD
Hey do you hear any other jrock music artist? X3
Posted on: 2008/8/6 1:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
123>