Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Re: Beijing Olympics 2008
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
At last my country got gold medal well thats the only sport that our country famous hehehe. And wanna say Yelena Insbaeva
I'm crush with you
Posted on: 2008/8/18 22:39
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Hmmm... I'm not into Olympics.. but i heard... yeah you did not read it wrong i HEARD.... that my country got a silver in table tennis, it is the first medal in 48 years... even though they lost the gold to china, but these players will return a hero, because they've earn a gold...
Posted on: 2008/8/19 9:30
  •  S0ySauce
      S0ySauce
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L I'm not a dude
Liu Xiang couldn't compete!! ;________;

I was really hoping he would win a gold in hurldes.

I feel so bad for him. He had been training so hard for the past 4 years just to win a gold in his home country. He didn't even go to any other competitions for this.

Gaahh, when I saw that he couldn't even make a hurdle in the false start I seriously felt like crying for him. D: D:
Posted on: 2008/8/19 11:12
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:

I feel so bad for him. He had been training so hard for the past 4 years just to win a gold in his home country. He didn't even go to any other competitions for this.

Gaahh, when I saw that he couldn't even make a hurdle in the false start I seriously felt like crying for him. D: D:

Seriously D: i mean its rare enough that to have someone else that is not really african american to compete for track and field, much less win the gold in athens for hurdlers. Poor guy didn't even get the chance to actually do it, (well he tried but couldn't) and that must've hurt D: an Achilles injury
Posted on: 2008/8/19 11:42
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:

Ohhh yeah I heard that from my mom recently ! It seriously sucks, I was looking foward to him this year but it's really a shame that he didn't make it ! And 4 years from now is a pretty long time for an athlete...and this year was a really big Olympic... x______X

Posted on: 2008/8/19 14:18
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:
HAHAHA Aijin...lol.
I'm all for China but if the Chinese girls who competed in the gymnastics actually ARE underage, that's just terrible...and that'd be freaking stupid for China to pull off some crap like that. o.O Hopefully they didn't ? :/

China never seems to enter many people in swimming or track. xDDDD

seriously??

how do u know??
Posted on: 2008/8/19 23:02
  •  laijunjie14
      laijunjie14
Show Off!
A/S/L 24/M/Singapore
oh yeah, you guys heard the news?

seems like the cute little girl who sang 'ode to motherland' in the opening ceremony turns out to be a lip-syncher, and only a pretty face

the real singer was judged as 'too ugly', so only her angelic voice was projected, and the cute little girl takes all the credit.

and also, the ceremony that we have seen on the tv turns out to be a fake. it consists of the best footages from the rehearsals jumbled up together.

the people who turned up for the actual location, which is the beijing national stadium, only enjoyed something that is half interesting than the one we see on tv.
Posted on: 2008/8/21 11:15
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19!!! ???? Philippines
Quote:

laijunjie14 wrote:
oh yeah, you guys heard the news?

seems like the cute little girl who sang 'ode to motherland' in the opening ceremony turns out to be a lip-syncher, and only a pretty face

the real singer was judged as 'too ugly', so only her angelic voice was projected, and the cute little girl takes all the credit.

and also, the ceremony that we have seen on the tv turns out to be a fake. it consists of the best footages from the rehearsals jumbled up together.

the people who turned up for the actual location, which is the beijing national stadium, only enjoyed something that is half interesting than the one we see on tv.

i think that this news is released on the 3rd olympic day
Posted on: 2008/8/21 11:32
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345