<1...19202122232425...30>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Movie Corner
guest_Unregistered
Highly! recommended to watch!!!! is "This is it"
and also "500 days of summer" you guys gonna love it its not a love story but a story about love....
Posted on: 2009/11/6 21:22
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
OH OH I'm DYING to see Ponyo! I love Hayazaki Miyao. I've seen Spirited Away, Delivery Service, and Princess Mononoke and he's just awesome. Really.

Oh my gosh, and I really need to see "Precious" with Mo'nique and Mariah Carey. I saw clips and previews on Ellen and Oprah and commercials and what I saw made me want to cry. Ellen and Oprah said that they had meltdowns in the theater.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 16:52
  •  kukai.firestarter
      kukai.firestarter
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 23/f/us
If you like Miyazaki, have you seen Howl's Moving Castle? Soooo romantic. ^.^

Precious looks amazing. I watched an interview with the girl who plays Precious and she was so awesome. The movie looks great and I'd want to see it just to support her if for no other reason. I'm normally more of an action/sci fi/thriller type, but I'm gonna get outside my box.
Posted on: 2009/11/7 17:43
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Oh you need to watch Grave of Fireflies ( Animation version) and Millenium Actress too.

Howl Moving castle animation i agree it a very romantic movie .....Ponyo storyline very natural i like it a lot you just cant stand up and grab sabck or you will miss something . Both are beautiful movie
Posted on: 2009/11/8 19:31
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
sorry to break the stream of interest in Hayao Miyazaki, but I just want to say that Transformers, the movies, are overrated. I'm gonna rant here. The cast, with the exception of the starring roles, are so cliche. They both have bad, cheesy, corny dialogue, the acting is poor. It's just shiny robot action with lots of big explosions. It feels weak.
Posted on: 2009/11/12 6:36
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Idle_mind wrote:
sorry to break the stream of interest in Hayao Miyazaki, but I just want to say that Transformers, the movies, are overrated. I'm gonna rant here. The cast, with the exception of the starring roles, are so cliche. They both have bad, cheesy, corny dialogue, the acting is poor. It's just shiny robot action with lots of big explosions. It feels weak.

Robot Heaven
Posted on: 2009/11/12 7:47
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Not a huge fan of Transformers but I think the main reason the movies sell well is kinda because of Megan Fox but overall, they're quite entertaining.

Watched 2012 yesterday. Very entertaining movie as well. It's really long. 2 hours 40 minutes but it didn't feel long because the whole thing kept my eyes glued to the screen! Lots of effects of course and I like the message being conveyed. It's more like the importance of appreciating people around you because you wouldn't know when life ends. Of course there are more important themes than that. I'm looking forward to Ninja Assassin which will be aired this week.
Posted on: 2009/11/15 6:22
  •  kukai.firestarter
      kukai.firestarter
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 23/f/us
I am a HUGE Sung Kang fan and I'm going to see NA opening day. I think I still watch Better Luck Tomorrow about once every two weeks. That movie never gets old. I know it's horrible, but the part where Sung is beating Jason Tobin with his belt makes me giggle like crazy. It's just an absurd concept. XD

I agree about Transformers but the thing I'm stoked about is that Megan Fox seems to already screwed herself with overexposure and dumb moves. It's like watching Tara Reid fall from grace all over again. I don't wish anybody ill, but it'd be better for Megan Fox if she gets swept under the carpet and forgotten for awhile. That'll give her the chance to get the goofy out of her system and possibly make some kind of decent comeback.
Posted on: 2009/11/15 11:52
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Ooo I really liked Transformers 2.. Sorry, can't help it. I love Shia LeBouf (I watched him on Even Stevens when I was younger).

I forgot about Howl's Moving Castle! I haven't seen THAT either. Ugh, I'm so far behind. And please, did I seriously get his name wrong? Woowww.. Forgive me guys! I've never done that!

And Sung Kang is in Ninja Assasin? I've only seen F&F Tokyo Drift (I know), and I really liked him.
Posted on: 2009/11/15 14:38
  •  yoursonnetmylove
      yoursonnetmylove
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L Boston, MA
I saw Transformers 2 despite not watching the first one because it was my friend's birthday and she wanted to watch it. It was actually a pretty good movie. I actually can't wait for Ninja Assassin!
Posted on: 2009/11/15 15:08
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...19202122232425...30>