<1...20212223242526...30>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Steve_C
      Steve_C
Re: Movie Corner
UtadaNet Regular
A/S/L 18/M/London
I saw Fantastic Mr. Fox last wednesday. I remember reading the original book years ago, but I couldn't recall many of the specifics, though it came back to me as i was watching it.

Anyway, it was such a charming film, every single aspect working together. The art direction, music, characters, dialogue. There's a ton of details that made a big difference. It has dark moments, but there were so many things that made me laugh too.

Easily one of my favourite films i've seen this year. I don't think it's out in the U.S. yet, and probably a bunch of other places too, but i fully recommend people to go and see it.
Posted on: 2009/11/15 16:28
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
About Ninja Assassin.....sry but i have to say blargh , i don't like it they should change the Title , its more like Yakuza rather that Ninja. There are movie about Ninja that i watch long time ago its black and white movie...much much more better than Ninja Assassin.

PS : The title look like they found from video game lol
Posted on: 2009/11/15 20:29
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
You mean the movie sucks? Aww man, are you serious? I was hoping that it'll be good since Rain was talking about "setting example for other Asian stars to break into Hollywood" and a whole load of this crap. Not a fan of Rain but I thought it's pretty cool for him to be the main character.

Regarding the Megan Fox issue, has anyone watched Jennifer's Body? The movie's a joke. Haha.
Posted on: 2009/11/16 3:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
@ramenbox
Jennifer's Body..

H . O . T.... not a fan of Megan Fox but damn.... she's HOT!!
anyway i don't know about it as a joke... its from the creators of Juno... its more on the dialogues...

And Oh Good God I wanna watch, Where the Wild Things are and Avatar, not the Avatar the last airbender cause its a white wash.....
Posted on: 2009/11/18 7:11
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

ChanOng wrote:
@ramenbox
Jennifer's Body..

H . O . T.... not a fan of Megan Fox but damn.... she's HOT!!
anyway i don't know about it as a joke... its from the creators of Juno... its more on the dialogues...

And Oh Good God I wanna watch, Where the Wild Things are and Avatar, not the Avatar the last airbender cause its a white wash.....

I SO wanna see those 2 movies!

And also The Blindside - I -love- Sandra Bullock.

I think Francisco and I are going to see 2012 tomorrow afternoon. It seems pretty interesting!
Posted on: 2009/11/18 15:09
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
speaking of movies, has anyone read the bourne trilogy novels by robert ludlum? because one might think that the bourne movie trilogy is the same as the novels right? well it isn't. i just finished reading the three book and it was like night and day from the films. the story is different as well as some of the characters. the plot is also somewhat different.

i recommend reading these books. they are simply great!
Posted on: 2009/11/18 17:19
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Damn about 2012 so many people anxious to watch it, even in my country lot of TV station talking about this movie, and babbling about doomsday. C'mon now one know when doomsday come.... why they blabbering about it.... its only a movie. This only make the movie more popular.

There is new movie the title "the Ramen Girl" i think it is a fun to watch movie.

The Bourne movie.... i like the movie but uhmmm the book too thick.
Posted on: 2009/11/19 21:04
  •  Idle_mind
      Idle_mind
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L In my infinite universe
I think 2012 creates such a controversy in Indonesia, because the Muslim community believe in the Judgment Day and they relate that to the end of the world. Who made up that prediction anyway? Nostradamus?

The Ramen Girl is nothing too serious, it's good for some laughs, most scenes are miscommunications between an american girl and a japanese ramen chef.

I love the Bourne trilogy. I think it's one of the best action movies. I read The Bourne Betrayal by Eric Van Lustbader. It had a good story, but when I read the action parts, I would rather have seen it in action.
Posted on: 2009/11/19 22:05
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
It's the Mayans who made up this prediction. They are using some kind of Mayan Long Count Calender I think. I am not sure of the details either. They just predicted the beginning of the apocalypse in 2012.
Posted on: 2009/11/19 23:30
  •  percypenn
      percypenn
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L tmp
if 2012 is really the end of he world then i have only less than two years to meet hikaru in person! lol!

damn those mayans!
Posted on: 2009/11/20 0:17
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...20212223242526...30>