<1...21222324252627...30>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Re: Movie Corner
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Damn right! I have to at least go to her concert once before I die. I too believe that the doomsday thing is conceived to make the movie more sellable. Fear is a wonderful tool in most scenarios. There's even a simulator on their site where you can see how the Earth will go kaboom! Pretty effective way to make more people to go watch the movie.
Posted on: 2009/11/20 6:25
  •  jiaweitheone
      jiaweitheone
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 16/M/Singapore
Yeah I agree with ramenbox. In a way it is also a form of marketing. And a very powerful one too. However I think that it's impossible for Utada to travel down to Southeast Asia..... We will have to make our way to the U.S in order to see her
Posted on: 2009/11/20 8:02
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Yeah!!! Lets start saving money for our One time Big time travel to see utada....
Posted on: 2009/11/20 16:20
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Please stay on topic
Posted on: 2009/11/20 19:33
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Yeah, there was a thing about the Mayans creating the long count calendar. The researchers also believe that there is a hall of records underground in Egypt that may further explain the 2012 theory or whatever.

I think I'll start a 2012 thread now lolz

BTW, has anyone read the book Life of Pi? It's soooo very good! Ang Lee supposedly picked up the movie version to direct. I can't really go into too many details about it without giving away the good bits.
Posted on: 2009/11/21 12:03
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
has anyone seen 'ninja assassin'? its star korean singer Rain 'Bi' rather..i was curious because my friend went to go see it wednesday and obviously it was sold out. next day i hear reviews from rotten tomatoes that it got a 28...im wondering, is the score a bit deceiving because i dont see how anyone can run away from a wachowski brothers film..recommendations perhaps...im set to go see it today but after the review im wondering if i should go see 'boondock saints 2' instead.
Posted on: 2009/11/28 10:57
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I would like to go see Ninja Assassin, for it stars first time male-Asian main character in Hollywood in 21st century and plus it's Rain who is the only Korean star I admire before he actually got famous in America. However, it seems the movie would be extremely bloody and gory or so I saw in trailer and music video. Yet, I would love to see it for the martial arts which I am a big fan of! =D
Posted on: 2009/11/28 18:47
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I saw ninja assassin lol
the story was not much(almost nothing actually)-_-
It was mostly just about the pretty cool fighting and blood(there were gallons of blood so much in fact it was almost funny)
and there was ALOT of gore(chopped of limbs and heads and bodies)especially the opening scene.
and it took me the whole movie to realize that the main asian character was the Korean singer
Posted on: 2009/11/28 23:48
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Watched Ninja Assassin two days ago. Have to say this movie is quite entertaining but if you're looking for movies with real substance, don't bother watching this. It does not have much storyline or plot. Straightforward as hell. The only amusing parts are the fighting/execution scenes. Most probably you'll like this if you like to see body parts flying here and there and lotsa blood spilling. Be warned that there are a few ridiculously lame scenes that might remind you of NARUTO. (Ninjutsu!)

Despite not being a fan of this movie and Rain, I still think he did a great job. Glad to see another asian being recognized in Hollywood.
Posted on: 2009/11/30 4:51
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
uhm actually thats what i'm gonna say about Ninja Assassin the story plot just like a typical action movie. Rain (don't what his char name ) girlfriends killed by the organization which is, the same org where Rain work as an assassin too. And revenge lol
Posted on: 2009/12/1 20:11
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1...21222324252627...30>