Poster Thread
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Re: Movie Corner
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

SwallowTail wrote:
Akira haven't watch the movie, but i like the manga even though kinda hard to understand the manga itself. And Akira more more gore than Evangelion XD.

You can say that again...I thought it was unnecessary in some portions of the manga.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 6:15
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Akira haven't watch the movie, but i like the manga even though kinda hard to understand the manga itself. And Akira more more gore than Evangelion XD.
Posted on: 2010/2/12 1:25
  •  LoBFCanti
      LoBFCanti
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 20/M/Brooklyn,NY
Quote:

ramenbox wrote:
Is Akira more disturbing than Evangelion? I'd check it out since I love watching all these "old school animes". They're beautiful but unfortunately very unappreciated by today's anime audience who only focus on stuff like Naruto and Bleach. Tch.

Watched Brave Story last night. Took me ages to download the movie via torrent. It was quite disappointing. The game is much better than the movie.

I still don't quite understand Akira and I've seen it at least 17 times.If you gonna look at old anime be sure to try out Berserk and Gunsmith Cats(2 part ova;short but worth it).New and the original Dominion Tank Police is good too.Bubblegum Crisis(not Bubblegum Crisis 2040;that's the sequel and the art is meh) is good as well.If you want only movies then the 2nd Macross film,Perfect Blue,Vampire Hunter D + Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust(not as well executed as the first film but you WILL NOT be disappointed;also is the film that brought Do As Infinity to my attention),the 2 Ranma 1/2 movies for the original series(*sings* PISU-AFU-RABU) and for a good laugh,the dubbed Fatal Fury movie.It's absolutely dreadful,but if you every even seen Terry Bogard in an SNK game you'd say "What the **** were they think when they drew him?".
Posted on: 2010/2/11 7:30
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Is Akira more disturbing than Evangelion? I'd check it out since I love watching all these "old school animes". They're beautiful but unfortunately very unappreciated by today's anime audience who only focus on stuff like Naruto and Bleach. Tch.

Watched Brave Story last night. Took me ages to download the movie via torrent. It was quite disappointing. The game is much better than the movie.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 2:23
  •  fleeingbynight
      fleeingbynight
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L 28/M/South Florida
The last movie I saw was " Akira" ( I actually had a phobia of this movie for the longest time.) That what I get for listening to other people review of a movie. Was expecting something dark and twisted. I saw a copy of Thirst at Target. Been meaning to check that, " The Fall" and "Departures" out.
Posted on: 2010/2/11 0:42
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Yaiks spoiler from Ramenbox

"My name is Khan"... staring by Sharukh Khan ( i dont know how to spell his name) well i think its good movie, about a Muslim who lives in USA.
Posted on: 2010/2/7 18:57
  •  ramenbox
      ramenbox
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/F/Malaysia
Case 39's ending is a little disappointing. I was hoping for something more morbid to happen. LOL. It reminds me a bit of Orphan.
Posted on: 2010/2/5 3:48
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Case 39 , i think its cool. Never saw Renee Zellweger play in Horor movie. The thriller quite interesting XD

The A Team, old school back XD
Posted on: 2010/2/4 20:07
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I was reading an article about movies to see in 2010 on my bf's mobile web (CNN.com) and there's like.. So many good movies coming out!

Surprisingly quickly, the next installment of the Twilight series (Eclipse) is set to come out in July, though I'm not too interested in it.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
Toy Story 3
Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader (SOOO excited for that one)

and some other ones. We were drinking wine and talking, so i don't really remember the rest of the list ha.

Anywho, when I was little, I was -obsessed- with the Care Bears movies. I found "The Care Bears 2: A New Generation" on DVD at Target for $5 a few years ago and bought it and now, Parker -loves- it. All day yesterday and today she's like "I want teddy bears mama!" It's soooo freaking cute.
Posted on: 2010/1/12 9:26
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
SALT by Angie Jolie the preview look like Bourne's female version.

At first wow Jolie change her hair color to total blond, dang >.< but then she change her hair to a darker color, which make her look more nice.
Posted on: 2010/1/10 20:09
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234567...30>