Poster Thread
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Re: abercrombie & fitch
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:

im america..its all for the fashion...thats how people know if youre fun or boring as a person...all in first impression from the clothes you wear...if you wear these kinds...it shows that you get out often...

I guess that makes me a pretty boring person... because you can always find me wearing the same thing every week... I only have a few clothes to wear...

I'm not into shopping, but my parents would rather spend the money that I used to buy A&F to hire a hitman to kill me instead...

I think it is just paying for the branding, you can try to remove the branding tag, and sell at the same price, you won't be able to sell it out... lol
Posted on: 2008/8/30 8:02
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

Weezy wrote:
Quote:

<3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3 wrote:
i don't really buy those type of brand name i only buy south poles, ecko's thats it lolz =)

me too i don't like those brand... i only buy coogi, bape, rocawear (i also like south pole, ecko & fubu)...

cuz thats how G's role
Posted on: 2008/8/30 15:15
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
I don't know if rediculously overpriced clothing is an American thing per se. Clothing makes a statement about your wealth wherever you are.

thats true and all but america is like the teen fashion capital...those companies are targeting majority of teens...or around that age...but $36 for a tee like that you see there...geez...in korea...you just see people layer their clothes(high profile branding or not) to get a good look...not wear one thing like that..
Posted on: 2008/8/30 16:33
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Quote:

S0ySauce wrote:
I seriously can't stand A&F. I hate everything about it, the smell, the noise, the style(?), the price. I mean, come on, people are really just paying for the brand name.
If the fabric of the clothing was nicer I'd understand, but it feels like any other clothing in my opinion.
Like Taiyou said, I think people buy it because it's "in", not because of how it really looks.

Once in a while, I'd buy expensive clothing but they are worth the price. The fabric is nice and it lasts a long time. Plus, there's actually real designs and styles.

And Konni's right except that I think that Asian fashion in general pwns American fashion.

Haha I don't like the smell of the store either but a few of my friends are always saying how much they love the smell?? It's way too strong for me. Aeropostale isn't much different from Abercrombie other than the logo/name and maybe the quality is SLIGHTLY different...but yet it's always at least half the price of Abercrombie. I've noticed Gap's prices have gone up recently...so I don't really go there too often now.

Posted on: 2008/8/30 17:20
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
omg this topic wrecks my day. i never realy seen those cloths stand out now there everywhere . and there and expensive brand jeez. it's even worse because in Canada i can say there not $36, probably alot more because everything is like 4x as much as in America. Our money isn't worth less so why do canadians pay so much more? can anyone tell me this.
Posted on: 2008/9/3 8:14
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

konnichiwa-san wrote:
Quote:

Roscoe wrote:
I don't know if rediculously overpriced clothing is an American thing per se. Clothing makes a statement about your wealth wherever you are.

thats true and all but america is like the teen fashion capital...those companies are targeting majority of teens...or around that age...but $36 for a tee like that you see there...geez...in korea...you just see people layer their clothes(high profile branding or not) to get a good look...not wear one thing like that..

Yes me too! i find it much better to "layer" the clothing and to make it better than just spend that much for a t-shirt or something D: and i've never even want to buy those type, plus the smell iss strong X . X
I just buy whatever suits and at a reasonable price, and i'm so glad that i don't always go shopping for clothes = - ="
Posted on: 2008/9/3 8:35
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12