Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>
  •  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
Other Language, teach us some of u'r language
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Well I learn Korean language right now, not taking class but read a book how to learn Korean language.
And from what I read Konichiwa-san can speak English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean (his mother language). Or maybe Albel want to teach me Holland language ,Soulhunter with her Philipine language, Ayehunny Swedish language and Aijin Chinese language. Also many other member from every place in the world .
Teach me or us some of u'r language here, just a simple word that easily to understand or maybe a sentence ^o^ , but of course also give the translation
Posted on: 2008/8/28 20:46
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: Other Language, teach us some of u'r languange
guest_Unregistered
I can speak Portuguese. xD But it's kinda difficult for me to type it [unable to place accents, makes it difficult to read.] But I'll see what I can do. A simple word, like a favorite word? My favorite Portuguese word is 'saudade'. It doesn't have a literal translation, but I'll try to decipher it as best as I can. The word itself has a gloominess to it. It means having a vague desire for something that possibly doesn't exist. Like nostalgia for one's own childhood or anything else that isn't present. Even though the word is unique to the Portuguese language, it's universal as well. As humans, we all feel 'saudade' in our lifetime.

I want to learn Chinese. I'm not only Portuguese, i'm actually Chinese as well. Unfortunately, my knowledge of the language is very limited. And moreover, I have the desire to learn more Korean. I only know how to count and a few phrases. xD But if anyone wants something in Portuguese translated to English, I'll be willing to help. ^^
Posted on: 2008/8/28 21:00
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Thank u, but I hope u can put it in a place that easily to read 4 me ^o^.

saudade =It means having a vague desire for something that possibly doesn't exist. Like nostalgia for one's own childhood or anything else that isn't present. Even though the word is unique to the Portuguese language, it's pretty universal as well.

More easily to read, but of course thank u ,well how to say
how r u ,thank u ,I like/love U or Lets go in Portugese
Posted on: 2008/8/28 21:19
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Sorry~ xD You want me to make it easier to understand? ^^ I'll make it more simple. Alright, saudade is like 'I miss you'. But the thing you miss isn't really there. It's gone or it just isn't here right now. Does this make sense? This isn't the exact meaning, there is more to it.

Thank you - obrigado/a [depends on gender.]
Como esta or como vai? - How are you?
Vamos - Lets go
Eu te amo [Amo is 'amor', which is the Portuguese word for love. But it changes due to the subject, which is 'I'.] - I love you
Posted on: 2008/8/28 21:32
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
^^ Taiyou, are you spanish? hmm .. let me guess, is "obrigado" for male? and "obrigada" is for female? spanish is somehow related to filipino just like in filipino/tagalog "tiya/tita" means "aunt" while "tiyo/tito" means uncle.

I'll teach you some of our language ..

Salamat - Thank you
Mahal Kita - I love you
Kamusta ka na?/musta?/ kumusta ka? - how are you?
Mabuti naman ako - I'm fine.
Nasaan ka ngayon? - Where are you now?
Maligayang bati sa iyong kaarawan - Happy birthday! (Very formal, usually, filipinos use english in our everyday lives so sometimes, we rather use english than tagalog)
Ingat! - Take Care!
Kita na lang uli tayo! - See you!

Note:
Ako - I
Akin - Mine
Ka - reffering to "you" or should I say, it specifies that the subject of the speaker's message is you.
Sa'yo/Sa iyo - yours

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/8/28 22:42
  •  Josh_Shing
      Josh_Shing
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 19/M/Washington
I got some...

French-

D'accord- agreed

Oui, bien sur- yah, of course

Avec plaisir- With pleasure (like with a fancy, elegant feel)

Je regrette- I'm sorry

Je voudrais- I would like..

Je voudrais un sandwich- I would like a sandwich

*NOTE*
Je - I
Tu - you
il - him
elle - her

Vietnamese-

Jiao- Hello

Gyam uong (dunno if i spelled it right) - thank you

From what i think, it feels better to add that duck sound when i speak Vietnamese. No offense to any Vietnamese people of course.

Bisaya-

Suga - light

ngit ngit - dark outside or close to it

On sa? - what?

On sa TO? - What's that? (Like pointing at something Example:pointing at clouds)

On sa NI? - What's this? (Like holding something in your hand, asking somebody what it is. Example: Holding weird goopy goop stuff)

Wa la - nothing

Ga on sa ka? - What are you doing?

Kita ra ta ogma - See ya tomorrow

Yah..
Posted on: 2008/8/29 0:37
  •  ayehunny
      ayehunny
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 20 / Female / Sweden
Hej - Hello
Hur m?r du? - How are you?
Bra - Good
Tack - Thanks
Tack s? mycket - Thank you very much
Godis - Candy
Vi ses! - See you!
Imorgon - Tomorrow
Ikv?ll - Tonight
K?rlek - Love
Jag ?lskar dig - I love you
Jag hatar dig - I hate yoy
Ska vi kolla p? film ikv?ll? - Shall we watch a movie tonight?

Jag m?ste g? nu f?r jag ska iv?g p? konsert med min familj och mina grannar. Vi ska se/lyssna p? ett cover band till Pink Floyd imorgon, l?rdag. :D - I have to go now because I'm going to a consert with my family and my neighbours. We're gonna watch/listen to a cover band to Pink Floyd tomorrow, Saturday. :D

Haha, that's somewhat the words/things I could come up with now. ^^ We'll see on sunday if I can come up with some more ;)
Posted on: 2008/8/29 4:53
A/S/L 20 / F / Manila, Philippines
Quote:

ayehunny wrote:
Hej - Hello
Hur m?r du? - How are you?
Bra - Good
Tack - Thanks
Tack s? mycket - Thank you very much
Godis - Candy
Vi ses! - See you!
Imorgon - Tomorrow
Ikv?ll - Tonight
K?rlek - Love
Jag ?lskar dig - I love you
Jag hatar dig - I hate yoy
Ska vi kolla p? film ikv?ll? - Shall we watch a movie tonight?

Jag m?ste g? nu f?r jag ska iv?g p? konsert med min familj och mina grannar. Vi ska se/lyssna p? ett cover band till Pink Floyd imorgon, l?rdag. :D - I have to go now because I'm going to a consert with my family and my neighbours. We're gonna watch/listen to a cover band to Pink Floyd tomorrow, Saturday. :D

Haha, that's somewhat the words/things I could come up with now. ^^ We'll see on sunday if I can come up with some more ;)

What language is this aye? I find it hard to pronounce.

Utada Hikaru made my day on October 24, 2010 at exactly 6pm (Philippine time)
Posted on: 2008/8/29 7:21
  •  forever_dreamer
      forever_dreamer
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L Forever Young XD/F/Bunny-Chocolate-Ice Cream Land
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:
^^ Taiyou, are you spanish? hmm .. let me guess, is "obrigado" for male? and "obrigada" is for female? spanish is somehow related to filipino just like in filipino/tagalog "tiya/tita" means "aunt" while "tiyo/tito" means uncle.

Salamat - Thank you
Mahal Kita - I love you
Maligayang bati sa iyong kaarawan - Happy birthday! (Very formal, usually, filipinos use english in our everyday lives so sometimes, we rather use english than tagalog)
Ingat! - Take Care!

Note:
Ako - I
Akin - Mine
Ka - reffering to "you" or should I say, it specifies that the subject of the speaker's message is you.
Sa'yo/Sa iyo - yours

I am! I'm Puerto Rican!

Hola-Hello
Como estas?-How are you?
Bien-Good
Muy bien-Very good
Gracias-Thank you
Muchas gracias-Thank you very much
Como te llamas/Cual es tu nombre?-What's your name?
Te quiero/te amo-I love you
Nos vemos-See you
Esta noche-Tonigh
Te odio-I hate you
Vamonos-Let's go

That's all I can think about for now if you'd like to learn anymore words let me know!
Posted on: 2008/8/29 7:42
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

soulhunter14 wrote:

Salamat - Thank you
Mahal Kita - I love you
Ingat! - Take Care!

Note:
Ako - I
Akin - Mine
Sa'yo/Sa iyo - yours

Yup~ =D Words that end in 'a' are feminine and words that end in 'o' are masculine. And nope, but I know a bit of Spanish and I have relatives living in Venezuela and Spain. My parents love to watch Spanish soap opera on television. xD So I kinda learned a bit. Besides, some things in Spanish and Portuguese are similar. I heard Spanish was pretty related to Tagalong also. The word for aunt and uncle in Tagalong is pretty much the same as in Portuguese and Spanish. Except it's spelled 'tio' and 'tia'.
Posted on: 2008/8/29 9:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
12345>