•  Topic options
Poster Thread
Re: Hikari Or Passion?
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 100 / Female / USA
Quote:

kit333 wrote:
Quote:
wasn't it easier to make a poll of this topic?

nah i wanted opinions.
And apparently some ppl are not bothering to explain why Passion is better

Okay, well my simple reason is because I dislike the beginning of Hikari during the part "donna toki datte" when she stresses out the words. And with Passion, I like every part of the song. It's just very even and consistent. With Hikari, I don't like the way the beginning sounds and how jumpy the song is. It goes high and low, back and forth and to me it just sounds like a bunch of different songs put together randomly.

Posted on: 2008/8/31 17:55
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
Thanks for those quotes, kit =) I don't think I've read those before but they sure add to the love I have for both these songs!

I can't decide between the two either but if you absolutely forced me to then I would just pick Hikari solely from the fact that it was the song that propelled me to the Hikki fan that I am today. It wasn't until I heard Hikari that I gave Utada Hikaru more notice and started to google and download all her other songs =)

I love hikari from start to end. Whenever I listen to hikari it brings me back to exactly five years ago and brings all those nostalgic feelings which I love as well. Brings me back to the times where I was on HikkiCentral forums and how it was like my home and family like you guys (hopefully) have here =)

Passion is just so epic, ethereal and beautiful and I love blasting this song. Sanctuary can't compare to it...I can't even listen to Sanctuary because it ruins Passion for me :P
Posted on: 2008/9/1 0:16
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
hikari for me...especially the live version from united 2006...when you gave a title that bears your name to a song, that means the song is very important to you, or has something significant to you...plus, hikki called it the "hikaru jr.", treating the song just like her own son or daughter...plus the lyrics are very simple...i think it's all about hikki living her life with someone acting as her guide...(kimi to iu hikari ga watashi wo mitsukeru...)=P plus, it's the song that first introduce me to hikaru...although passion is really an epic one...=P
Posted on: 2008/9/1 1:45
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
omg seraphim sign on!

and yea i agree with both of u guys

very well said ^^b
Posted on: 2008/9/1 2:15
Addicted to Hikki
A/S/L
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:
Quote:

kit333 wrote:
Quote:
wasn't it easier to make a poll of this topic?

nah i wanted opinions.
And apparently some ppl are not bothering to explain why Passion is better

Okay, well my simple reason is because I dislike the beginning of Hikari during the part "donna toki datte" when she stresses out the words. And with Passion, I like every part of the song. It's just very even and consistent. With Hikari, I don't like the way the beginning sounds and how jumpy the song is. It goes high and low, back and forth and to me it just sounds like a bunch of different songs put together randomly.

for passion, i feel hikari's trying a bit too hard, experimenting with music. to me the song sounds almost weird, but the beautiful thing about the song is how catchy and ethereal is it. However, Hikari just blows me away with its simplicity and how such a conventional song can be portrayed in such a great manner.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 3:16
Administrator
A/S/L 23/f/CDN
I actually prefer the live performance of Hikari from the Budokan concert to the UU06 one. It was the opening song and her singing was perfect in it. In UU06, it was the 21st track and by that time, you can hear the strain in her voice since she's been singing for over an hour prior to it.

I love the Passion performance in UU06 though! hahaha probably because it was also the opening and so it was also perfect. Those are my two favourite live performances from her. Besides the Deep River one from her Golden Disc Artist win ^.~
Posted on: 2008/9/1 12:36
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
the budoken performance of hikari was amazing too but UU06 was way better and more spectacular the energy from her on UU06 was just outstanding its undiscribable
Posted on: 2008/9/1 16:55
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 20/M/Philippines
yep, the budokan performance was awesome too...i agree with seraphim that it is always the opening song that really has the awesome voice...hikari was more concrete during the budokan because her voice wasn't that strained...but, the united 2006 performance was very energetic just like what aijin said, and really passionate...she also said at the beginning that this is her last song and i'm gonna pour my heart out...i specifically love the parts when she sangs the 3rd chorus...the one she sangs about taking it one scene at the time up to the end...(lalalalalalalala....)=P

in passion, the performance was really spectacular...a slow start and then boom! the lights come out with her arms spread...gives me goosebumps...=P
Posted on: 2008/9/1 20:17
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

seraphim wrote:
I actually prefer the live performance of Hikari from the Budokan concert to the UU06 one. It was the opening song and her singing was perfect in it. In UU06, it was the 21st track and by that time, you can hear the strain in her voice since she's been singing for over an hour prior to it.

I love the Passion performance in UU06 though! hahaha probably because it was also the opening and so it was also perfect. Those are my two favourite live performances from her. Besides the Deep River one from her Golden Disc Artist win ^.~

I agree... I too, love the Passion performance in UU06... the stage lightings and fireworks... i also like the Hikari performance in UU06, again with the stage lightings and the "lalalala" at the end..
Posted on: 2008/9/2 8:44
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 23/F/RSA
Hikari or Passion?

Well yea they're both insanely beautiful songs, but to me Passion sounds just a bit more beautiful, aside from both being the KH theme songs they each have a different feeling to them.

I like the technical complexity of Passion, the beautiful background music and Hikki's background vocals just added alot more to the whole song, the lyrics, even when translated are really meaningful and beautiful (it is afterall Hikki). So I guess with everything put together it was more ethereal.

Hikari's still my #2 though, and it was kind of a simpler song, less complex and experiment-like than Passion, but still an amazing amazing song.
Posted on: 2008/9/2 9:47
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<1234>