Poster Thread
  •  <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
      <3_UtadaHikaru_Aijin_<3
Re: anime
Show Off!
A/S/L 17/M/Cal
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:
For some reason I never cared too much for anime...

how come??? anime is the best thing in the world V
Posted on: 2008/9/1 16:58
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

TiffyKitty wrote:
For some reason I never cared too much for anime...

Same here. xD But when I was younger, I was a huge Sailor Moon fan. "I am Sailor Moon! I stand for love. And I also stand for justice. And in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"

I also loved Chobits, though I haven't watched the series in a long time. But the anime series I really loved was Samurai Champloo. And it has possibly the best soundtracks out there. Seriously, Samurai Champloo's soundtracks are amazing with material produced by Nujabes, Fat Jon, Force of Nature, and Tsutchie. Mostly a fusion of jazz and hip-hop along with other genres. And it has the most loveliest endings I ever heard, especially 'Who's Theme' by Minmi. It captures my heart every time I hear it. Besides the brilliant music, it's a very unique anime. Think about it, past and modern clashing together. Hip-hop culture and the Edo Period fused. =D And it often shows reference to true events, with it's own little twist. The series itself isn't long-winded, it's only 26 episodes in whole and the ending is satisfying and logical in my opinion. It's quite worth to watch.

Besides that, I never really watched a lot of anime. I watched a bit of Cowboy Bebop, perhaps I'll start watching it again. But I love the soundtracks. =3
Posted on: 2008/9/1 17:35
  •  Mikki
      Mikki
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 17/Male/Florida
Naruto, Avatar and Pokemon. I used to watch Pokemon all the time. I don't really know how it is now because I haven't seen it since the beginning of the Jhoto League, but I like what I remember.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 20:17
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
I like Anime, I grown up with Anime like Chasern, atom boy before it change to astro boy, and a lot anime. But my fave are GITS (ghost in the Shell) not coz Hikki mention it, it was coz the story soo complex. Ageless Major Motoko also sexy, Tough in outside but soft inside Batou he pets a dog , Sato one eye robotic cyclops and Boma big guy and ect. Also funny Tachikoma and Fuchikoma a robot but like have a soul in their body.
This Anime soooooo amazing, I like one of the scene GITS stand alone complex, when Tachikoma and Fuchikoma helping each other againts powerful robot thing, and it said "kamisama(refer 2 GOD) why I cant help them" and they hug tight that robot and blow them self up. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm crying coz of that, very touchy scene.
Posted on: 2008/9/1 20:23
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
nowadays.. the most popular anime/ manga should be naruto and bleach, ya?
Posted on: 2008/9/2 8:40
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

Macdan wrote:

you forgot one piece
Posted on: 2008/9/2 8:44
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

albel-the-wicked wrote:
Quote:

Macdan wrote:

you forgot one piece

hahaha... shitsurei shimasu
Posted on: 2008/9/2 8:49
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Ohhh yesh samurai champloo was good XD the sound track was lovely, though i don't consider avatar really of anime since YES they did use a little bit of the style but since they basically redid american animation/cartoons and gave it a fresh start over here in nick. So i like to think that they try and do something more better for american cartoons but still retain a certain...anime flair? i don't how to properly say it. But naruto, bleach, one piece etc is getting really annoyingly popular and overrated D: like yaa its good, but some ppl take it to a whole new level and just makes it more...ugh type..don't know how to say it.
Posted on: 2008/9/2 10:27
  •  neXus
      neXus
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/m/uk
Do you need to watch GITS in order to understand it? Because i have been watching 2nd Gig on and off and its pretty cool, but slightly confusing

What is the order anyway? GITS movie, then GITS 2:Innocence, then what?

I wonder who you are?
Posted on: 2008/9/2 16:13
  •  kayoko
      kayoko
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 30/M/KOR
Quote:

Taiyou wrote:

Same here. xD But when I was younger, I was a huge Sailor Moon fan. "I am Sailor Moon! I stand for love. And I also stand for justice. And in the name of the Moon, I will punish you!"

I also loved Chobits, though I haven't watched the series in a long time. But the anime series I really loved was Samurai Champloo. And it has possibly the best soundtracks out there. Seriously, Samurai Champloo's soundtracks are amazing with material produced by Nujabes, Fat Jon, Force of Nature, and Tsutchie. Mostly a fusion of jazz and hip-hop along with other genres. And it has the most loveliest endings I ever heard, especially 'Who's Theme' by Minmi. It captures my heart every time I hear it. Besides the brilliant music, it's a very unique anime. Think about it, past and modern clashing together. Hip-hop culture and the Edo Period fused. =D And it often shows reference to true events, with it's own little twist. The series itself isn't long-winded, it's only 26 episodes in whole and the ending is satisfying and logical in my opinion. It's quite worth to watch.

Besides that, I never really watched a lot of anime. I watched a bit of Cowboy Bebop, perhaps I'll start watching it again. But I love the soundtracks. =3

back then i watched every morning..sailor moon and samurai pizza cats..anyone remember or seen samurai pizza cats...speedy...(something) anchovi, and polyester...ah~ the good ol days...hehe...my favorite show as a kid...

im still yet to read evangelion: neon genesis...havent bought the books yet and im dying to read them everytime i listen to beautiful world..
Posted on: 2008/9/2 18:56
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<12345...14>