•  Topic options
Poster Thread
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
Re: anime
guest_Unregistered
Quote:

CrescentLupin9 wrote:
Ohhh yesh samurai champloo was good XD the sound track was lovely, though i don't consider avatar really of anime since YES they did use a little bit of the style but since they basically redid american animation/cartoons and gave it a fresh start over here in nick. So i like to think that they try and do something more better for american cartoons but still retain a certain...anime flair? i don't how to properly say it. But naruto, bleach, one piece etc is getting really annoyingly popular and overrated D: like yaa its good, but some ppl take it to a whole new level and just makes it more...ugh type..don't know how to say it.

I used to read the manga series of Naruto. I reached to chapter 312 and stopped there. And it's still ongoing. o_o But I have nothing against it though. xD
Posted on: 2008/9/2 19:49
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
God. I can't believe no one has mentioned Death Note yet.....come on guys....

And as for animes I watched? Well, thats too big for me to create cause im too lazy. I could, however tell you my top 10 animes.

1) Bleach (Yeah, everyone likes it, but I like it not only for its awesome story, but because I just LOVE Tite Kubo's art style. Its the most stylish and creative art styles I have ever seen in awhile and I can't stop loving it.)
2) Death Note (Seriously, one of the most thought provoking animes of all time. I can't recommend it enough)
3) Bitter Virgin (Its a manga, but a manga with 100x the drama you wouldn't ever see in a real drama show or manga)
4) Code Geass (Code Geass is like this, Death Note + Gundam Seed. Complicated story, some intense drama and good action)
5) Negima (Ken Akumetsu has amazed me yet again with a great story and AWESOME art not to mention great character)
6) Avatar (Even though there are arguments on whether this is anime or not, I can't help but love this show. I myself say its anime because I dont believe cartoons can achieve such a grand storytelling and production values. Avatar is America's first great anime and this shows that not only Japan can make quality storytelling through animation)
7) Elfen Lied (Seriously, this is a brutal anime. When I first saw it, I never imagined I would enjoy it so much, but the drama in the anime is so emotional that I couldn't help but love it)
8) Love Hina (Romance/Humor manga to the max)
9) Gantz (Gantz is really something. At first, I hated it, now I love it. Seriously awesome and touching. Believe it or not, this manga has some a great romance story)
10) School Days (This is probably the most controversial anime ever. You see, this anime isn't the best and some will go to say that this is the worst anime ever. But in all honesty, this anime did what it wanted to do in the first place. Create an angst drama that will have a satisfying yet disturbing ending. I for one hated the main character of the anime so much that I wanted to draw him suffering. But that was the intention the producers wanted and they pulled it off great and with that anger comes a satisfying ending to one of the most disturbing and angst ridden animes to be ever conceived)

Now I bet that everyone who reads my list would first wonder this, "Where's Naruto and One Piece?". Yeah well, they used to be there. However, due to the story and complete lack of interest, they have been long gone to me. I still read Naruto and One Piece, but I don't consider them as great as they used to be.

I guarantee this, anyone who wants to become addicted to anime and manga again and needs assistance on what they should read or watch should take one of the animes in my list and that they WILL be satisfied. I've watched a lot of anime in my years, believe me, and this is the top 10 that came to me from all my experience of reading/watching tons and tons of anime/manga. I like to be a critic really, so when I know a manga is bad, I know it is bad and I will trash talk it as much as I need to in order to express how bad it is. If an manga is good, I will praise it like no other. People who want a good read definitely need to check out the animes in my list if they already haven't.
Posted on: 2008/9/3 1:39
  •  SwallowTail
      SwallowTail
A/S/L ∞ / M / Indonesia
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:

And as for animes I watched? Well, thats too big for me to create cause im too lazy. I could, however tell you my top 10 animes.

1) Bleach (Yeah, everyone likes it, but I like it not only for its awesome story, but because I just LOVE Tite Kubo's art style. Its the most stylish and creative art styles I have ever seen in awhile and I can't stop loving it.)
2) Death Note (Seriously, one of the most thought provoking animes of all time. I can't recommend it enough)
3) Bitter Virgin (Its a manga, but a manga with 100x the drama you wouldn't ever see in a real drama show or manga)
4) Code Geass (Code Geass is like this, Death Note + Gundam Seed. Complicated story, some intense drama and good action)
5) Negima (Ken Akumetsu has amazed me yet again with a great story and AWESOME art not to mention great character)
6) Avatar (Even though there are arguments on whether this is anime or not, I can't help but love this show. I myself say its anime because I dont believe cartoons can achieve such a grand storytelling and production values. Avatar is America's first great anime and this shows that not only Japan can make quality storytelling through animation)
7) Elfen Lied (Seriously, this is a brutal anime. When I first saw it, I never imagined I would enjoy it so much, but the drama in the anime is so emotional that I couldn't help but love it)
9) Gantz (Gantz is really something. At first, I hated it, now I love it. Seriously awesome and touching. Believe it or not, this manga has some a great romance story)
10) School Days (This is probably the most controversial anime ever. You see, this anime isn't the best and some will go to say that this is the worst anime ever. But in all honesty, this anime did what it wanted to do in the first place. Create an angst drama that will have a satisfying yet disturbing ending. I for one hated the main character of the anime so much that I wanted to draw him suffering. But that was the intention the producers wanted and they pulled it off great and with that anger comes a satisfying ending to one of the most disturbing and angst ridden animes to be ever conceived)

Now I bet that everyone who reads my list would first wonder this, "Where's Naruto and One Piece?". Yeah well, they used to be there. However, due to the story and complete lack of interest, they have been long gone to me. I still read Naruto and One Piece, but I don't consider them as great as they used to be.

I guarantee this, anyone who wants to become addicted to anime and manga again and needs assistance on what they should read or watch should take one of the animes in my list and that they WILL be satisfied. I've watched a lot of anime in my years, believe me, and this is the top 10 that came to me from all my experience of reading/watching tons and tons of anime/manga. I like to be a critic really, so when I know a manga is bad, I know it is bad and I will trash talk it as much as I need to in order to express how bad it is. If an manga is good, I will praise it like no other. People who want a good read definitely need to check out the animes in my list if they already haven't.

wow u r really a anime maniac, I even dont know about bitter virgin or elfen lied. Well yeah about Naruto I read the manga but after that, I just put it somewhere.
Posted on: 2008/9/3 2:36
Hikki Obsessed
A/S/L 21/M/WEEZYANA
Crayon Shin-chan

Posted on: 2008/9/3 4:14
  •  Macdan
      Macdan
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L M/ Singapore
Quote:

neXus wrote:
Do you need to watch GITS in order to understand it? Because i have been watching 2nd Gig on and off and its pretty cool, but slightly confusing

What is the order anyway? GITS movie, then GITS 2:Innocence, then what?

I didn't watch GITS myself... what was the story/ plot about?
Posted on: 2008/9/3 6:16
  •  CrescentLupin9
      CrescentLupin9
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L 24/F/CA
Quote:

AnimeLunatic01 wrote:

Ooooh i sooo agreed with your choices, i would say the only one i haven't heard is school days. But death note for me, i read the manga but didn't watch the anime XD. But yes Code geass is aweshome! especially R2 the second season > w <

Oh and taiyou: i really didn't meant to offend anyone with it, just saying that some ppl that just watch naruto and one piece,etc decided that its the best in the world when they really haven't trekked out to explore other ones before saying that this is the best one.
Posted on: 2008/9/3 8:26
  •  GIGAcorrupt
      GIGAcorrupt
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Potato. Genderless. Underground
Yeah..I'm one ot the people that says Avatar is not an Anime

My favorites would have to be..

Mobile Suit Gundam(execpt seed and seed destiny...which some people like XD). Kira was supposed to die so many times but the diredctor liked him so much that he kept him alive...Athrun was supposed to end up with some lost limbs and destiny, I just greatly dislike

Death note was good also...I read all of the end before I wathced it...Kira's laugh was awesome *got an mp3 of it just for the heck of it *

Eureka Seven...I just liked it but it was good too

Samurai Champloo music..

Neon Genesis Evangelion, Though it confused me like crazy it's an anime I'll always like..even though it can be pretty twisted at times *got to watch the new films *

FLCL...Fooly Cooly, It was way too short, but it was good..funny and action packed

GITS Stand alone Complex is another I like

and...well, naruto I liked, but I stopped watching because I hate all the filler episodes and bleach...that one's ok too. Inuyasha was kinda lame...because of the ending...I never finished watching Tenjou Tenge and DEARS

ohh!! another of my faves would have to be READ OR DIE

*sorry for all the emoticons @_@ ...I guess I'm somewhat hyper*
Posted on: 2008/9/3 10:30
  •  neXus
      neXus
Hikki Fanatic
A/S/L 21/m/uk
Quote:

Macdan wrote:
Quote:

neXus wrote:
Do you need to watch GITS in order to understand it? Because i have been watching 2nd Gig on and off and its pretty cool, but slightly confusing

What is the order anyway? GITS movie, then GITS 2:Innocence, then what?

I didn't watch GITS myself... what was the story/ plot about?

Ghost in the Shell (the movie) set in the future and is all about Section 9, covert ops in Hong Kong and in particular Motoko Kusanagi, the cyborg leader. Important people are having their brains hacked into by 'The Puppet Master' and Motoko needs to find out who he is.

This is a VERY short and loose description because GITS is so much more than the sum of its parts. It's about what it means to be human

And everyone should feel free to correct me on any/all of what i just said

And for all you crazy people scoring at home, the sequence is:

GITS movie
GITS 2 : Innocence
Stand Alone Complex
Stand Alone Complex: 2nd Gig

And then, after that, the longest title of all...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Solid State Society

I wonder who you are?
Posted on: 2008/9/3 12:13
  •  Unregistered
      Unregistered
guest_Unregistered
I forgot about Death Note. ._. Shame on me. I wasn't an avid watcher of the anime series. But I love it's dark atmosphere. And it's very thought-provoking. The way Raito and L thought always amazed me. I read more of the manga series, still haven't had the chance to finish it yet. I watched it's live-action films too, but I have yet to see the spin-off.
Posted on: 2008/9/3 14:33
  •  AnimeLunatic01
      AnimeLunatic01
Insane Hikki Fan
A/S/L Male
The anime is still very good too. Personally, I believe the anime is better than the manga only because of how intense some scenes become. Not only was the animation and art absolutely astounding, but the music in Death Note was flat-out genius. No music fits more perfectly then the ones used in the anime. Also, I myself like the anime ending much better than the manga ending. The anime ending seemed more emotional to me while the manga ending was just whatever.

As for GITS......seriously, I thought this anime was boring as hell. I watched the movie and episodes for awhile, but it just couldnt keep my interest. Seriously, GITS is one of my most least liked animes ever.
Posted on: 2008/9/3 18:06
 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
<123456...14>